It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we fix Gays/Transgenders in the womb (assuming we could)??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Absolutely, yes and yes!! Fix it

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Yep, I think the correct philosophical question should be, if we could wire the brain in utero to guarantee tolerance of others who aren’t harming anyone, should we?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

BANG!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer
LOL, you know if you fix the first problem the rest will solve themselves.

K~

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: aethertek
You want to "fix" humanity? Time spent fixing "stupid" would go a long way towards that goal.

K~

And stupid means what?
Somebody who doesn't agree with you.
That is what you post, and is what you are.
K?

People that are bothered by gays, lesbians & transgendered for a start.

K~

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: continuousThunder

Yep, I think the correct philosophical question should be, if we could wire the brain in utero to guarantee tolerance of others who aren’t harming anyone, should we?

We are social creatures, and this trait is part of that package.

We meddle. We gossip. We constantly measure ourselves against others, and then try to present ourselves in ways that we think stacks up better against others (while some also will try to bring the others down).

While its nice to romanticize about it a bit, its impossible to think of a primate creating a social structure where meanness and bullying weren't part of the deal.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
>Should we fix Gays/Transgenders in the womb (assuming we could)??

No. The problem isn't transgender people, but the bigoted attitudes of towards them. That is what we should be fixing.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: JoshuaCox
where do you stop ????????????????????????

At marmite. That's taking it too far.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JWill

I've had gay people tell me in confidence they wish they were straight. It's a very difficult thing to contend with.

It that because of their sexuality, or people's attitudes towards it?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So you don't think we should fix intolerance even if we could?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hell no! Don't you try going down that path (not again!) the nazi's tried very hard at that idea 70 years ago and lost a war over trying to breed out the ugly, gay, jew, crooked, etc into a perfect blond , pale shaded, dumb muscle, blue eyed Volkswagen driver.

It didn't seem to work!
People do not set standards for other people to be created.
That's a out of everybody's leage.

edit on 13-2-2018 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If Homosexuality/Transgenderism is just another genetic trait,why shouldn’t parents be allowed to change it?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: DBCowboy

We fix clef lips at birth.. that’s not life threatening, but it will have a negative societal reaction.. so we fix it..

It is t the clef lip persons fault..

It is society who are mean..

But we still fix them..
Cleft palate is an actual defect. You said we fix that at birth though. Scientifically speaking, there are only two genders one female one male. However, since our genetic makeup does rule our personality...

Scientists have a strong foundation for their search for personality genes from the years of basic psychology and neuroscience studies that have explored just exactly what personality is and how personality-related behaviors might be influenced by specific neural mechanisms.
www.apa.org...
I'm not too certain we should go down that road...honestly...I think its a slippery slope when parents and doctors begin to feel they can change anything at will. Besides, how can we know prior to birth that a person is going to be highly uncomfortable being the gender they are born with? I think it is folly to experiment in this manner. However, we may need to approach things more wholisitically....ie control the mother's intake of phytoestrogens such as can be found in soy products....

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
Prenatal Dexamethasone for Congenital Adrenal HyperplasiaThis situation has already started.

Following extensive examination of published and unpublished materials, we provide a history of the use of dexamethasone in pregnant women at risk of carrying a female fetus affected by congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH). This intervention has been aimed at preventing development of ambiguous genitalia, the urogenital sinus, tomboyism, and lesbianism.

If you will note this paper was written in 2012. This situation has been going on for awhile.

From your referenced article(enough to convince me further in my view

In the United States, the use of prenatal dexamethasone remains “off-label.” This means that the indication has never received approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).1 Nonetheless, we want to be clear: The problem we see with the use of prenatal dexamethasone for CAH is not per se that it is an off-label use; it is rather that—as this paper documents—prenatal dexamethasone for CAH has sometimes been promoted to prospective patients and clinicians in misleading ways, and sometimes promoted for uses that are not legitimately medical (e.g., for the prevention of tomboyism and lesbianism). Furthermore, this intervention—intended to alter the course of fetal development—has been “studied” in ways so slipshod as to breach professional standards of medical ethics.

Late in 2009, clinicians working in the pediatric care of children born with sex anomalies made one of us (Dreger) aware of their growing alarm about prenatal dexamethasone for CAH. These clinicians were concerned that pregnant women at risk for having daughters with CAH were being given prenatal dexamethasone without being informed that (a) this use has consistently been labeled experimental by expert panels;
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Otherwise, I found your article quite enlightening.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
How do we know it is a gene issue? Maybe it's a psychological issue. Not mental health.

Possibly, if you believe in demonic spirits and that whoring results in possession. Wouldn't a demons first priority be to alienate males by...

1. Turning down sexual advances.

2. Engaging in domineering behavior.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So I suppose this perfectly safe way of 'turning off' the gay....

would imply that there is a possibly equally safe method of turning it on ?

So straight people have their gay babies and gay people have their straight babies...

the saga continues.
edit on 14-2-2018 by sunkuong because: Can I adopt a gay baby ?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Watch this short film giving a new theory to where it comes from and if it is true then first off you would cause a disaster removing it. If true, then wow, what a difference a day makes! I mean what a difference a Gay makes...a GAY

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I think yes if it eliminates un-necessary suffering , but int this case the suffering is not a direct result of their homosexuality and transsexuality

gay people wouldn't suffer if society was more accepting.

The same with trans people , if society was more accepting then I dont think they would suffer either

but I agree it kind of takes away the diversity of nature when all our kids start looking like kylie jenner or just beiber
oh wait that already happened !
edit on 14-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

perfectly highlighted by the new pc game "red strings club" where society has advanced to the point where a new technology can alter humans behaviour and remove our strongest emotions which can lead to suffering
such as depression and rage

It can only be a matter of time before technology starts to manipulate our behaviour on a biological scale , where as now technology already manipulates our behaviour on a social /psychological scale altering our perception of reality!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

watching and really interesting so far ! Finished, and I have to say Id agree with the theory, it appears to make sense
what I think would be the deal sealing fact when we find out that there is a biofeedback from the noosphere or global human consciousness that feeds off biosphere data , to know that the planet can only sustain x amount of humans , and therefore balances out and makes males gay or females gay
to control population explosions!

amazing theory and I think its correct.

however , what if someone is born and when we know that this is nature taking its natural course to prevent population explosions , what if they dont want to be gay , what if they want to have children naturally with a woman ! or vice verse
do we then alter their DNA so they can be attracted to the opposite sex despite nature placing in those epigenetic markers

edit on 14-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join