It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Olympics too wintry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Bwhahahaha!

My dad was a Korean war vet and when he heard a few years ago that the winter Olympics was going to be held in south korea, he laughed and said he hoped the weather was like he remembers from his time there.
He said they might regret the choice of location.

Well he got his wish, it's crappy in korea.

Cold, heavy winds, ice pellets, etc etc.

"It was unbelievably cold," said Japan's Noriaki Kasai, competing at his record eighth Olympics. "The noise of the wind at the top of the jump was incredible. I've never experienced anything like that on the World Cup circuit. I said to myself, 'Surely, they are going to cancel this.'"

"Wind and ice pellets left Olympic snowboarders simply trying to stay upright in conditions that many felt were unfit for competition, the best ski jumpers on the planet dealing with swirling gusts and biathletes aiming to shoot straight"

www.yahoo.com...

Sure is warm in front of my tv.....ha

m.france24.com...

edit on 12-2-2018 by Bluntone22 because: Link

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

"It was unbelievably cold," said Japan's Noriaki Kasai, competing at his record eighth Olympics. "The noise of the wind at the top of the jump was incredible. I've never experienced anything like that on the World Cup circuit. I said to myself, 'Surely, they are going to cancel this.'"

"Wind and ice pellets left Olympic snowboarders simply trying to stay upright in conditions that many felt were unfit for competition, the best ski jumpers on the planet dealing with swirling gusts and biathletes aiming to shoot straight"

All those athletes complaining that it's a bit nippy with a slight breeze...!

SNOWFLAKES....

/humour off

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 12-2-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I'm crap at editing

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, looked up the weather there, and its saying that at sea level the temperature is a fairly balmy -9 degrees, as opposed to something serious, like -19 degrees...

But... I am guessing its a damned sight colder wherever the actual events are being held, and the precipitation is worse than I am seeing in this report too. The weather report states that there should be no precipitation at all, and yet competitors are being hit with heavy hail, as well as strong winds and low temperatures. Must be a difference in elevation or something.

As for ski jumping... you cannot be doing that mad, crazy stuff, in a gale powerful enough to pull the jumper off course, into the crowd or worse. That is asking for trouble, in a way that even going down a huge slope and leaping off the end, is not.

join