It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carolyn Kennedy vs Donald Trump in 2020?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
ABC

Anybody
But
Clinton

That's all I care about.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
But what is known, is that the Democrats are going to have to get out to the Rural communities and make a better showing and presence there if they even hope to have any chances.

This is the problem. The Dems used to be the party of the common man but lost their way. Now they are the party of anyone but the common man [common person for the uneducated Trudeau]. They are the party of the far left and the GOP tends to the far right. Who is in the middle for the people who work for a living?
Rural folks tend to have a strong work ethic. Does the DNC support a strong work ethic? Are those on assistance willing to work for it? Would the DNC support people being responsible for their actions or is everyone trapped in an "addiction" disease of some sort. Dope, sex, abuse, robbery; it's not their fault. They can't help themselves.
Then there is the nonsense about whom or what one identifies with. The sex offender that identified as a 9 year old girl expects that will be a defense. The ugly guy in a dress and lipstick going into the ladies room doesn't cut it. Rural Americans that I know would straighten him out in a hurry if he tried to follow one of their gals into the ladies room.

The Dems aren't even close to understanding us "deplorables" and they are wandering further and further away. Shumer's brains fell out long ago. Pelosi's brain is failing rapidly. The DNC needs to rethink what they are and who they represent instead of pandering to demographics for votes. We need voter ID to eliminate any claims of illegal voting. We need to enforce immigration laws as written or rewrite them.

A good start for the DNC would be to divorce themselves from the previous hierarchy and repopulate their executive level with honest folk [if possible] who would look out for US citizens first and not everyone else with a sad story to tell.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Michelle Obama?

no chance

It is time to give up your Obama delusion and i am generally a liberal.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
obama out yezz....but tha other O name

opra W. she's workin on her platform

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What America needs is a BREAK from these political dynasties. Carolyn Kennedy is just "one of them".

American politics needs new blood. Trump nearly did it, but he has failed to unite the nation. Someone who does not have Clinton, Bush, Kennedy or any other politically connected surnames.

Political dynasties are soooooo dangerous. So much nepotism invested in one line. So much patronage and inbred world-view thinking.
edit on 12/2/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

Oprah.

She may say, now, that she isn't going to run. But she is.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I am not sure how to respond after reading your posting, but here goes:

Both parties no longer represent their own platforms, and neither are wanting to stand on such, and have flipped on the issues time and time again.

The next candidate, whoever it is, is going to inherit the office after Trump has left, and the condition of the country, either good or bad. And that person is going to have to manage to get the people behind them, and can no longer afford to ignore the rural areas of the country and start dealing with those issues. They are not going to have to just promise but deliver on those promises. And the saddest thing of all, is that the rural population is going to have to accept some facts, like how the advancement in technology, has made some of their jobs obsolete, where those jobs are not going to come back, and start to change and move forward, instead of looking back at the past and the days of old, when times were better for them. And perhaps this is a wakeup call, that maybe relying on the government, as so many do, is not the correct way and time we actually do go back to a time when it is far better to be self reliant, and start to move forward, taking that part of our lives away from the government.

Now onto the points you brought up.
The GOP once stood up for immigrants, and minorities, it was the party of Lincoln at one time, and were very conscious about the way the government spent money, knowing that the final bill has to be paid for by the very people of the country. But that was changed, now the GOP has moved back in idea and concept to times that were not so nice, to xenophobia and starting to boarder on the ideas of McCarthy.

Now you mentioned about the terrible crime against the small child, and I agree, it is horrible. And it appears as though you have very limited and opinionated views on Transgendered persons, and we can go around and around about the facts of those and get nowhere. But truth be told transgendered persons have been around for a long time, even using the same bathroom as many would ban them, and yet no one said anything.

Now you mention the “deplorables” comment. However, would you not say that those who are Nazi, or KKK, or even who are racist, would they not be deplorable? Are you so cold and heartless as to view all those who have a different skin color or culture as wrong and should be treated as less than what you are, human? I do think that the comment was too broadly used, and should have been more narrowed in who it was directed at.

While I agree about voter ID, however, it does need to be unified, and the ID needs to be easily obtained, not make it hard, like say shutting down the places or limiting the time said places are open, especially when it affects a portion of the voting population. And yes I agree that the entire voting system is a bit messed up.

Though what about those citizens, who do not get a vote in this country, and have done nothing wrong, do you not think that they should have representation and a say in the government? Or how about the military veterans, those who serve and put their butt on the line, do you not think that they should not be deported or at least have the promises give should be honored?

The GOP is just as bad as the Democrats, and as much as many are not going to like this, but it is the truth. The GOP only follow the money or are so anxious to go to war, that the cost is never considered, or the price that we the people have to pay. And the GOP are willing to hold up rights, as long as it suits them, then turn when it no longer does. After all does hopes and prayers really accomplish anything, or would action not be more preferable, to show that yes there was a problem, and it may be late, but that tragedy will not happen again. Sure Megan’s law was pushed by the GOP and it did some good, however any laws that may deal with gun control or an attempt to stem the tide or prevent such tragedies the GOP fights nail, tooth and claw against, and all cause of the millions that the NRA gives them for their political campaigns.

Truth is, that the GOP only tends to represent those who donate the most to them, and everyone else is a distant second when it comes to what they support or vote against in legislation.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029
I look around at all the possible Democratic Candidates and this the only one that legitimately has a chance at defeating trump in the 2020 election.

So what you say you ATS? Who am I missing if it's not her?

The Ghost of JFK vs The Don in 2020 would make for an epic showdown.

The Democratic Party is in such shambles that they're gonna have to come up with a figure that will be marketable to the public...

and Carolyn Kennedy is that person in my honest opinion. People really loved JFK, and while his daughter may not be the best person for the job, she is the best person to run against Trump.

"Caroline Bouvier Kennedy is an American author, attorney, and diplomat who served as the United States Ambassador to Japan from 2013 to 2017. She is a prominent member of the Kennedy family and the only surviving child of President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy."
c/o- Bing.com, Ask and Google, Wiki etc.

So? Well...lets see...credentials?

Caroline Kennedy-American Author
Trump-American Author

Caroline Kennedy-Experienced Attorney (Law School)-Top 10% of Grad. Class
Trump-NOPE. Neither experience, school or law classes of any kind

Caroline Kennedy-Diplomat-experienced, United States Ambassador
Trump-NO Diplomatic Experience, NO law experience, NEVER Ambassador on anyone or any country's behalf to anyone but himself.

So..lets see...no matter WHO her dad was? I couldnt care less, and she couldnt be worse than our multi-divorced, multi-bankrupt, ex-tv "star" with zero experience in government, law or international diplomacy..."leader".

IMO.

edit on 12-2-2018 by mysterioustranger because: couldnt stop laughing

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

Doubtful. We were all told that Hillary was the most qualified candidate in history. She was chosen by the DNC as they tossed the other guy under the bus because they were confident and wanted Trump smeared completely off the electoral map.

Democrats are dead in the water until they can shift their focus from Trump to policies. And by policies, I don't mean reversing everything Trump did because that's going to push people away if the economy continues to grow like it is. Then they have to win back middle America which they disowned less than two years ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am not sure how to respond after reading your posting, but here goes:

Both parties no longer represent their own platforms, and neither are wanting to stand on such, and have flipped on the issues time and time again.

Both parties do represent their own platforms. Those platforms have changed and seem to do so with every election.

The next candidate, whoever it is, is going to inherit the office after Trump has left, and the condition of the country, either good or bad. And that person is going to have to manage to get the people behind them, and can no longer afford to ignore the rural areas of the country and start dealing with those issues. They are not going to have to just promise but deliver on those promises. And the saddest thing of all, is that the rural population is going to have to accept some facts, like how the advancement in technology, has made some of their jobs obsolete, where those jobs are not going to come back, and start to change and move forward, instead of looking back at the past and the days of old, when times were better for them. And perhaps this is a wakeup call, that maybe relying on the government, as so many do, is not the correct way and time we actually do go back to a time when it is far better to be self reliant, and start to move forward, taking that part of our lives away from the government.

The rural population knows about technology and are already far more self-reliant than the rest of the country.

The GOP once stood up for immigrants, and minorities, it was the party of Lincoln at one time, and were very conscious about the way the government spent money, knowing that the final bill has to be paid for by the very people of the country. But that was changed, now the GOP has moved back in idea and concept to times that were not so nice, to xenophobia and starting to border on the ideas of McCarthy.

Don't confuse legal immigrants and illegal trespassers. The press has been doing this for a while. There needs to be a test for legal immigration, not a lottery. That test has to ask "what can this person do for the country?" If the answer is hang around and collect welfare, that person is not permitted in.

Now you mentioned about the terrible crime against the small child, and I agree, it is horrible. And it appears as though you have very limited and opinionated views on Transgendered persons, and we can go around and around about the facts of those and get nowhere. But truth be told transgendered persons have been around for a long time, even using the same bathroom as many would ban them, and yet no one said anything.

I don't care about who identifies with what. When using public restrooms, the crotch test should be applied. Drop skivvies. Look at crotch. Outies go to men's room. Innies go to ladies. Easy fix.

Now you mention the “deplorables” comment. However, would you not say that those who are Nazi, or KKK, or even who are racist, would they not be deplorable? Are you so cold and heartless as to view all those who have a different skin color or culture as wrong and should be treated as less than what you are, human? I do think that the comment was too broadly used, and should have been more narrowed in who it was directed at.

Ask Hillary what she meant. Apparently she meant rural conservatives. As to race, I went to an inner city high school before Lying Lyndon destroyed the nuclear black family. Racists come in all races and genders as you well know. I am not a racist; I am a personist. I discriminate against dirtballs regardless of race, gender or religious affiliation.

While I agree about voter ID, however, it does need to be unified, and the ID needs to be easily obtained, not make it hard, like say shutting down the places or limiting the time said places are open, especially when it affects a portion of the voting population. And yes I agree that the entire voting system is a bit messed up.

Though what about those citizens, who do not get a vote in this country, and have done nothing wrong, do you not think that they should have representation and a say in the government? Or how about the military veterans, those who serve and put their butt on the line, do you not think that they should not be deported or at least have the promises give should be honored?

All citizens can vote. Illegals are not citizens. In my opinion, those illegals who have served should be at the front of the line for any consideration. All the DACA should be given DACA cards and placed on the immigration list from their country of origin. They must pass any test for immigration that any other immigrants must pass.

The GOP is just as bad as the Democrats, and as much as many are not going to like this, but it is the truth. The GOP only follow the money or are so anxious to go to war, that the cost is never considered, or the price that we the people have to pay. And the GOP are willing to hold up rights, as long as it suits them, then turn when it no longer does. After all does hopes and prayers really accomplish anything, or would action not be more preferable, to show that yes there was a problem, and it may be late, but that tragedy will not happen again. Sure Megan’s law was pushed by the GOP and it did some good, however any laws that may deal with gun control or an attempt to stem the tide or prevent such tragedies the GOP fights nail, tooth and claw against, and all cause of the millions that the NRA gives them for their political campaigns.

Truth is, that the GOP only tends to represent those who donate the most to them, and everyone else is a distant second when it comes to what they support or vote against in legislation.

It can also be said "Truth is, that the Democrats only tend to represent those who donate the most to them or can provide votes, legal or not, and everyone else is a distant second when it comes to what they support or vote against in legislation." I make an exception for the Clintons: Truth is, that the Clintons only represent those who donate the most to the Clinton Foundation, and everyone else is a distant second, including the country as a whole.
edit on 2/12/2018 by pteridine because: Syntax error

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Zero experience in politics, yet so good for the country that he's right up there with Reagan.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah, let's allow our wealthy elite societal betters to run things. They really know how to address the issues facing us ordinary slobs.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Zero experience in politics, yet so good for the country that he's right up there with Reagan.

The cult is already placing him upon the alter of Reagan?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

Hah! Hey, thanks for the chuckle!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ni91ck

Wrong. Tulsi Gabbard.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yes both platforms do change, but isn’t it amazing, how fast these days that they are changing?

I would disagree on the rural population and technology. If it was the case, then why do coal miners still hold onto the idea that the jobs are coming back? When clearly that the technology is making their job obsolete, and the coal industry is slowly dying out?

The truth is that there have always been waves of immigrants coming in both illegal and legal. And the policies have been just as screwed up then as they are now. As far as the illegal immigrants, both parties have been stalling on that issue, since it was an issue. It is one of the longest running issue in politics to date, yet those in congress do nothing to fix the problem that was started, ironically in congress, so many years ago, only to muddy the waters and make it far more complex. The start of this, goes back to World War II. No administration, no congress has done anything but muddy the waters, as it is far more complex and the solution is not going to be as simple as many would like, and require input from both sides, to prevent some of the tragedies of the past. And it is too good of a political issue to fix. Good for smoke and mirrors.

The public restroom, you would want the TSA present to check? This is a non issue that some on the right got to be an issue. And due to misconception of what Trans people are and what they look like, that is the image in their mind. Funny how they equate a fictional character as the face of such, when fail to look at a real person.

During the campaign, were there not known racists and white supremacists that came out in support of a candidate, say a known ex leader, like David Duke? The facts are that there is racism still in the country, and they tend to be vocal and move through more of the rural, less diverse parts of the country. While I would not say that those communities are producing or are racists in nature, but those ideas are dangerous and when they take hold, can cause problems in the long run.

No, not all US citizens can vote for president, or have representation or a voice in congress. Those people who live in the US territories, do not enjoy the same rights as those who live within the 50 states. Puerto Rico, is a US territory, its people are US citizens, they have to pay taxes, yet funny how they have no real voice in the government. So no, not all US citizens can vote or even get to. So there you have it, taxation without representation happening right now in the USA. And that also applies to the people of Guam, and American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands. They all pay taxes, can serve in the USA, but are not allowed to vote or have representation in the US government. Taxation without representation.

Yes those who sever should be, but they are not, and often they muster out, and are then deported from the USA. It is happening right now.

All politicians vote in the interest of money. All of them do, and the sad fact is that we the people are often a second thought.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I would disagree on the rural population and technology. If it was the case, then why do coal miners still hold onto the idea that the jobs are coming back? When clearly that the technology is making their job obsolete, and the coal industry is slowly dying out?

I'll address one of your points as this is something I happen to be familiar with. Coal mining is a very small part of rural America. Check the numbers. Most people today have never held a lump of coal of any rank and very few have been in a room-and-pillar coal mine. Fewer still have been in a longwall mine. Those who do mine coal definitely earn their pay.
This administration may change the coal policy a little because they do not have the knee-jerk response to "coal" like the previous batch of uneducated lawyers. Coal has a place in energy, metals, and chemical feedstocks as does natural gas. The advantage to coal is that you can pile it up beside the plant. Natural gas just won't stay and needs a pressurized chamber. A few years ago, there was a near disaster as we were a few weeks from running out of stored gas during a cold winter. This is because of the gas turbine powered generation facilities. There is a definite advantage to gas powered facilities; they can be turned on and off as need arises for peaking power while coal and nuclear provide baseload. To take advantage of natural gas, many more pressurized storage caverns are needed. This will take time and investment and coal is not going away quickly.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If you listen to some of the things that come out of a politicians mouth, one should wonder how the passed the basic education.

The coal industry is under fire, as it were. It is a dangerous job, and long term is hazardous for a persons health. As the president would state, it is clean energy, but the reality is that it is anything but clean. The fumes are unlike anything one has smelt when burnt, and as a mineral, it shatters easily. It produces solid waste that is toxic, along with an assorted variety of dioxins and hydrocarbons.

Coal is a dying industry, and will never be as big as it once was. It is dangerous to mine, and often many owners of said mines will simply close down the mine then pay fines or improve safety. And while yes you can pile coal up next to a power plant, what all do you do with the waste that is produced after it is burnt? One cannot just dump it, or not take into account the air, that will shift and move the toxins in the air to other areas. It is those kinds of things that are needed, and ultimately is putting a strangle hold on coal, making it where the industry is going away.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
how about we the people choose qualified people to run the country instead of celebrities and 'ideologists' for a change.

Sure. A soon as 40 years of media conditioning is undone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join