It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baby Boomer Bomb

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well the boomers technically laid the groundwork for AI

I think our job is social innovation where the country has really lagged

Although we are going to end up perfecting the AI systems they already have momentum

We are going to have to adapt society to the changes

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The American economy is stronger now that in the past 20 years. If you can't get out there and make a living in the USA today then something is definitely wrong with you. Perhaps you should give up citizenship and move to a country that actually has economy problems and see what no available jobs actually looks like.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
By that time the only option will be to Soylent Green em, I'd rather a bit younger than most seeing they will be the most succulent.
I think a max age of 70 for a few generations will sort it out.
Or we will have Old people rioting in the streets.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Like ive already stated we are going to have to initiate social change

Thanks for proving the point

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
By that time the only option will be to Soylent Green em, I'd rather a bit younger than most seeing they will be the most succulent.
I think a max age of 70 for a few generations will sort it out.
Or we will have Old people rioting in the streets.

I'm trying to imagine us old people rioting. . . . . .

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"Hot tea and maybe a biscuit."

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"Later. I want to take a nap first."

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Old people riot by going to city council meetings and voting

Thats why politocians cater to that demographic usually

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Well, if you just pick up the phone or even visit and bring the grand kids around some, then we wouldn't have to.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Lol!!!

Dont worry you'll be moving back in with us once inflation outpaces your ability to maintain the same quality of lifestyle and property tax increases

Then we will have a total pole shift where the boomers are moving in with the Mills.

Ill just call y'all lazy and make ya get a job then kick you back out into the streets.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

there is no grand kids, our kids can't afford to have kids, or wives, of even a home to live in, so they don't need to come visit, they are here, with us... it's cheaper for all that way.

it's time to return to the extended families.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You like changing diapers?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Where I work at the number of people that would qualify as "baby boomers" has dwindled down to just a few people. If my understanding is correct, the youngest of baby boomers would now at least be in their 60's. The only people I see working in their 60's (and past) are either high level executive types or low level building management types.

I would say that in my field (technology) the average age is probably around 35 years old.

In other words, the vast majority of boomers are already retired and are therefore no longer keeping anyone from being employed.

Also, alot of them are dumb and full of horse manure but many of them are not. I think casting people in to such a general pool is really a poor attempt at explaining a bad world. The reality is that the world is bad because humans control it. Every single one of us is flawed to some extent. We all make bad decisions and bad choices. The problem lay there, not in some masked group of humans from year A to year Z.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

no, they think that they can be heartless enough not to help those that brought them into the world and raised them... from those little helpless creatures that needed their diapies changed on into adulthood.
I don't think most are that heartless... or just how badly they are being conned into supporting the theft of their parents retirement savings.
although I think that there will be many parents that will just opt to leave this world before they get to the point where their children are being saddled with having to provide their care when see it's becomming too burdensome for them.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Actually that's what my entire video was about.

It was about how unsustainable social security and pensions.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You like changing diapers?

Talking to the wrong guy in going to be giving middle fingers and laughing.

Going to work hard to make life easier for the next generation so they have a better attitude towards us when we get old.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

you do realize that the ones that are pushing to end social security and pensions are actually expecting you to take on that responsibility, right? heck, when they get sick of passing over your old and feeble parents out on the streets with their cups in hand, they will come up with new laws that make you personally financially responsible for them....

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Actually that's what my entire video was about.

It was about how unsustainable social security and pensions.

It wasn't your video but that isn't important. If a pension was run logically, there should be no reason why it should be out of funds. The reason is that pensions are people giving money to their employer and their employer investing that money in the market. Since the market has went from around 7000 points in the mid 1960's and now to 20,000 plus means that their money invested should have at least tripled at this point. And that isn't counting all the dividends along the way. So a pension could only logically fail if it is being horrendously mis-managed, and many of them are, particularly government pensions (railroad pensions being a odd exception).

Social Security however is a totally different bird. It is quite simply a ponzi scheme. The first problem is that people live much longer than they used to. I think its not unreasonable to assume that most of us will live to be 75. Lets say you worked from age 16 to 65. You have thrown alot of money at that institution, and will get paid a monthly income for 10 years (supposing you die at 75). Did the amount you put in equal that amount you are getting paid? Probably not. Now imagine that there are many people that live up to their 90's. Did they put in what they are earning? Absolutely not.

The fix for social security would be to put all individual earnings into an individual account. People do not like hearing that, but it is the absolute only way that it will be fixed if there is an actual will to fix it.
edit on 12-2-2018 by Fools because: .

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Were already taking care of them

All these taxes and low wage jobs are because of the government pensions and social security thats unsustainable

They will keep raisibg taxes and making me foot the bill for something I will never benefit from

Then when I point out how scewwed up the system is its because in lazy and good for nothing

Thats why I am going to be pointing and laughing

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You don’t love anyone?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Pensions are unsustainable period thats why the market has largely stop using them

Carpenters union still has them but I bet ya it doesnt last

The carpenters union isnt nearly as big as it used to be and is already in the red. The problem is we dont build as much as we used to so there isnt as much money coning in as going out

In my state all of the local union halls collapsed into 1 regional hall

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You don’t love anyone?

The baby boomers are getting the same cold shoulder they gave us

Most of my friends my age got kicked out of their houses befpre they were 18 and parents hardly ever did a thing for them

Those chickens are coming hpme to roost cause we ain't doing a dann thing in return

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join