It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baby Boomer Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not a big fan of this guy be he's dead on in this speech.

As baby boomers age, major issues associated with a growing older population are gaining more attention, e.g., Social Security, Medicare and financing an extended retirement. Retirees confront these issues on a daily basis. Professor Reich will share his knowledgeable perspectives on these and other issues, suggesting how they can be addressed in an informed and responsible manner. In addition, he will discuss the older population's formidable political leverage - how as individuals and as a collective entity, their "clout" can be used wisely and in a manner benefitting future generations.

Pretty good breakdown of the economy.

But hey, you guys really need those pensions and social security. Think you are going to sell your house and relax in retirement? Wonder who's going to buy that house...

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Maybe the grandchildren they are raising. 2.9 million are raising 4 million young grandchildren. Twenty five percent of them are poverty level income.
Only the rich boomers are having a good time.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Welp, time for the Millennial's to take some personal responsibility and fix it, I mean work for nothing and shutup lazy pricks.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Let the boomers fix it, they f'ed it up

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

they won't even admit it exist

@bluntone

^^^ see, they can't admit it
edit on 11-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Except war. We improved the fatality odds. We lost 56,000 Americans in nam in 10 years. Since 2001 only 6 or 7000 American troops have been killed in ME.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I remember once upon a time somebody made a thread suggesting that all the boomers commit suicide, because many didn't want to retire, so a certain someone could get one of their jobs. Ugh.

Remember that fiasco of a thread?

If you studied diligently enough, you would know sociologists and economists began studying it and trying to project the results as early as 1970, if not before.

And you know what? People came home from WWII and they had families. They deserved families after everything they had been through. And now you blame the children of those veterans because you can't get the job you want? And because your personal history is not exactly stellar?

Go back to school and learn a profession and stop whining. People have difficulties and problems. We all do, and we find a way to rise above and solve them without constantly trying to find someone else to blame. It's what "grown-ups" do. Be one.
edit on 2/11/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Stop, whining, typical response.

That's ok. I'm actively leveraging them out of the market.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Go back to school and learn a profession and stop whining.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I remember once upon a time somebody made a thread suggesting that all the boomers commit suicide, because many didn't want to retire, so a certain someone could get one of their jobs. Ugh.

Remember that fiasco of a thread?

If you studied diligently enough, you would know sociologists and economists began studying it and trying to project the results as early as 1970, if not before.

And you know what? People came home from WWII and they had families. They deserved families after everything they had been through. And now you blame the children of those veterans because you can't get the job you want? And because your personal history is not exactly stellar?

Go back to school and learn a profession and stop whining. People have difficulties and problems. We all do, and we find a way to rise above and solve them without constantly trying to find someone else to blame. It's what "grown-ups" do. Be one.

Thank you ma'am.

*Tips hat*

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The real problem is your age group won't take ownership for the way they handled our economy, the education system, politics and the environment.

Don't worry well fix it for you. The lazy whiners.

Not only did your parents win WW2 for you they and protect the world from Hitler, Stalin and Mao they create the world's most thriving economy ever in the history of modern civilization and you destroyed it in 3 decades.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Except war. We improved the fatality odds. We lost 56,000 Americans in nam in 10 years. Since 2001 only 6 or 7000 American troops have been killed in ME.

Yeah. We are good at war.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

The real problem is your age group won't take ownership for the way they handled our economy, the education system, politics and the environment.

On behalf of my generation, "My bad".

Don't worry well fix it for you. The lazy whiners.

Go for it, but stay off my lawn.

Not only did your parents win WW2 for you they and protect the world from Hitler, Stalin and Mao they create the world's most thriving economy ever in the history of modern civilization and you destroyed it in 3 decades.

I didn't destroy it all myself.

I outsourced.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I can appreciate that. It starts with taking personal responsibility and admitting there is a problem.

I outsourced.

We know.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I can appreciate that. It starts with taking personal responsibility and admitting there is a problem.

I outsourced.

We know.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Don't feed on that kind of garbage, toys. There is no such thing as a "generation" of sociopaths. Although people like to throw the term around, in reality sociopathy/psychopathy is a fairly uncommon disorder, and it takes a nightmare of a childhood to get there.

Look. Anybody can see that you are frustrated and disappointed with your current circumstances. As youths, we sometimes imagine what fabulous futures we will have, and when often it doesn't turn out that way, it leads to disappointment, and frustration. But blaming an entire generation of people is not the way to make things better for yourself, or anybody else. And no, I didn't watch the vid. I don't need to, I know BS when I see it, and it's not something I particularly suggest anybody filling their minds with.

I mean, if you wanted to be a rock star, do you think Mick Jaggar's retiring would get you there?
(Me either.) It's sort of the same thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I've always said that every generation needs janitors.
So far I haven't been proven wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I see. You think you're clever, understanding me and my life with little to no knowledge of anything.

I know you didn't watch the video, you know how I know?

Because your attitude would be totally different but because you lazily based an assumption on the title and first few responses you made multiple ignorant post that have little to no relevance to what was in the original video in the OP.

It's ok. I forgive you.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Meh the baby boomer generation leaving the work force is the least of our economical problem. It astonishes me truly does that people focus, on every other thing other than the 20 trillion dollar debt this country has, not to mention it looks like we are gonna default on it or print so much money serious inflation will occur. That is when we crumble. We have to deal with that debt. My guess is we will end up going into a war to try to fix it, but ahem that is the real bomb ticking in our economy at the moment...
edit on 11-2-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So your wish is for the Boomers to step aside for you. OK.
What skills do you have that make you valuable? Can you focus on your job instead of your smart phone? Will you show up for work on time and stay late if need be? Why are you an improvement on boomers, other than being less expensive as an employee?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join