It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school science fair project questioning African American intelligence sparks outrage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Race is just another weapon used by TPTB...

Do your own research and stop believing the lies.

Skyfloating's insight on this is brilliant, pay close attention to that last line:

Skyfloating
Here's what the social engineers teach whites. Blacks are:

a) Lazy
b) Of Low Intelligence
c) Violent

Here's what the social engineers teach blacks. Whites are:

a) Racist
b) Greedy
c) Evil

So when the two clash, things get ugly.

The "teachings" have been ongoing for decades, disseminated through media and academia.

Discussion were better focused on the social engineers, the men behind the curtain rather than these specific incidents. To discuss cause, not effect.

edit on 2.12.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

are you surprised that this became about blacks?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Using the term race in today's scientific world is ignorant. It suggests that other people who do not share similar physical traits are not the same. Last time I checked any human can mate with any human. We all share the same brain size and capacity
It's a dying term that shouldn't be used so loosely.
Data does not equal biological facts. All it does is show social differences, which does not correlate to intelligence of a human.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Using the term race in today's scientific world is ignorant. It suggests that other people who do not share similar physical traits are not the same. Last time I checked any human can mate with any human. We all share the same brain size and capacity
It's a dying term that shouldn't be used so loosely.
Data does not equal biological facts. All it does is show social differences, which does not correlate to intelligence of a human.

Using the term as it is colloquially understood today is ignorant? Everyone knows what he meant, including you, so obviously the usage of that term was perfectly logical. First rule of writing, know your audience. Maybe there's a few uber-enlightened folks like yourself that are above such terms, but you weren't the target audience.

Seriously, you sound like you're complaining just to complain. You're arguing stuff that wasn't even in the presentation. I didn't see the part where the kid attributed the difference to biology. As far as I can tell, the presentation didn't attempt any explanation for the difference, it simply noted the difference and concluded that this data could affect acceptance rates. The article dishonestly tries to conflate the presentation with other material that does say certain races are biologically inferior, so maybe that's got you confused, but the article fails to point to any part of the studen's presentation that made such claims. Given the tone of the article, if that had been done, I'm pretty confident it would've been quoted.

It looks like you've read way too much into this because of an emotional reaction to anything discussing race. Try to be more open-minded.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Not sure what you are getting at...

I really think it's more about 'divide & conquer' than about a specific color.

Kinda like the democrats VS republicans thing...

Hence the reason I highlighted this quote:

Discussion were better focused on the social engineers, the men behind the curtain rather than these specific incidents. To discuss cause, not effect.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

But high school's with classes demeaning whites over white privilege is A-Okay.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NOprah

As you and I know it is not OK.

But it is acceptable to the media saturated masses who are simpletons and are afraid to say boo to the schools when something stinks.

The SJW crap needs to be expelled from the schools and get back to reading writing and arithmetic.

edit on 12-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think the biggest thing to effect IQ is nutrition.For example a lack of both iodine and iron has been implicated in impaired brain development, and this can affect enormous numbers of people: it is estimated that one-third of the total global population are affected by iodine deficiency. In developing countries, it is estimated that 40% of children aged four and under suffer from anaemia because of insufficient iron in their diets.

Now this would naturally fall in line with socioeconomics the people that can afford to vary there diet will score better in testing.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The project specifically targets certain taxonomic human traits such as "blacks" because they have dark skin. The person who made the project did not even need to mention that at all, or color of a certain group of peoples skin, all they needed to do was to mention regions and areas where those people live to prove their point. But no, they took the racist approach.

I am not acting on emotion, I am acting on logic. The logical answer to all this is that the person who made this project is literally trying to find a correlation between physical traits of a human to intelligence and higher or lower IQ tests.
In my first post I made I said that lack of education is the reason, not the color of someones skin. And the density of scarcity of education has far more impact than someones physical appearance.
WHY did they need to even mention color of skin at all?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You certainly are acting on emotion. You've yet to demonstrate anything that was racist. That was your first reaction, because the word "race" was mentioned, but now you've backed yourself in a corner without anything to back yourself up, because there's nothing racist in this story. All you've demonstrated is that you failed to understand the project.

First of all, the project didn't invent the concept of breaking demographics down racially. That's been done for pretty much ever. And if we tried to do away with it, minorities would be the first ones to complain because then there's no more special scholarships, special caucuses, special internships, and on and on. All of these things could just use regions and areas too, but they use skin color/race/ethnicity. So you can save what little credibility youv'e got left on this issue by easing back from the absurd insinuation that ONLY racists would break things down by skin color or race.

And, again, you really need to stop making things up. It looks like your'e one of those people that just has to try to be offended by something, anything, so you can feel like you or someone else is a victim. You assumed the person is a racist despite no evidence of that. This probably reveals your own bigotry, ironically. You can't understand the point of the project, so you default to assuming that person is racist, knowing nothing else about them besides the fact they're obviously not black or Hispanic. Why do you make assumptions about people based on nothing but their race?

I've explained this to you twice already, I'll try a third and then I'm out. It doesn't attempt to correlate physical traits to intelligence. You've read something into it that's not there and you can't let it go. Again, there was no attempt to attribute the differences in standardized test scores to anything. It didn't attribute them to skin color, and it didn't rule out socioeconomic factors. It simply didn't address the root cause at all. You want there to be racism in there, but there's just not. Get back on the look out. Sorry, there's no coveted victim statuses to be claimed from this story.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It’s all bs. Nazis have tried to use science to justify their hateful ideologies and racists still try to this day.

The white nationalists on this forum will say it’s true though but it’s ignored because it’s “not PC”

Real racists on this site

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: YungMahn
It’s all bs. Nazis have tried to use science to justify their hateful ideologies and racists still try to this day.

The white nationalists on this forum will say it’s true though but it’s ignored because it’s “not PC”

Try reading what the project actually said instead of just being told to be offended without even knowing what it's about.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
2 points.

1) If we think that certain races have lower IQ, then that means that any subset of the human race could be seen as less likely to succeed. We know that this isn't the case, because anyone can succeed in life and anyone can fail. Lower IQ can be offset with creativity, hard work and perseverance, experience etc. Take me for example. I'm dumb as a rock, Really dumb...still can't do algebra to save my life, but still own my own business and was an elected official. I'm fairly successful on anyone's scale of success but non of it is due to intelligence. So....

Second point...Asians. When you say asian do you mean...Russian or Afghanistan or one of dozens of countries many of whom don't fit the Asian stereotype? Those are Asian countries and the first thing I thought of was that this was a Russian student doing this project because... well... Russia is in Asia, or at least 77% of it is.
edit on 12-2-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Second point...Asians. When you say asian do you mean...Russian or Afghanistan or one of dozens of countries many of whom don't fit the Asian stereotype? Those are Asian countries and the first thing I thought of was that this was a Russian student doing this project because... well... Russia is in Asia, or at least 77% of it is.

It specifically talked about Northeast Asians having the highest scores. He probably means Chinese, Japanese and Koreans.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: amazing

It specifically talked about Northeast Asians having the highest scores. He probably means Chinese, Japanese and Koreans.

True about northeast asians, but looking at a map, Russia takes up the biggest part of northeast asia, or at least a pretty big chunk of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm acting on emotion yet You re the one assuming hard about how I feel on the subject.

The title on the project is literally called race and IQ.
And mentions blacks several times. Why blacks, they say Asian, Hispanic, which are cultures and ethnicities, but not African Americans, nope they are just black. The subject goes deep, but it goes to show how ingrained old school racism goes.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: YungMahn

Southeast Asians and Latinos are not a race.

They're cultures.

It's amazing how people like yourself who love shouting "racists" don't even know the definition of the word.

That by extent means you don't care enough about racism to even google the word.

Which means by your own definition of the word you're the true racist as you don't care about racism enough to even understand the word.

Now, one of you lefties in an uproar can always step forward and prove this kid wrong but, none have. Not you, not others here, no one at the school, parents, none. Just crying.
edit on 12-2-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's too bad that people don't have enough self-worth and confidence these days. If someone else thinks your I.Q. is low, ignore them, and continue to do what makes you happy. In the end, that's all that matters.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

load of bull# , race is a fallacy!

in order to divide and conquer us all !

these kids are idiots for even taking part in this !

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

How do you define intelligence? And what makes one person 'smarter' than the next?
Biased IQ tests aren't a good way to determine intelligence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join