It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school science fair project questioning African American intelligence sparks outrage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
High school science fair project questioning African American intelligence sparks outrage

I think it's idiotic to use that label African American.

Ancestry may date from there but in the 21st century.

Born and raised or emigrated here?

Just another American.
edit on 11-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately the whole topic for the youth I my opinion.

It's sad, but society is fragile right now.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Just my opinion.

I agree, this has no place in schools. And I got to say the Obama 8 year naval staring did not help racial relations, it hurt them bigly.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

would any AA with a higher IQ than the person who made this 'project', turn the project bunk...

edit on 11-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
I lean on statistics, not bias or prejudice. Given time,,, statistics will be laid waste and labeled as a tool only used by those deemed politically incorrect and decisive. Just past laws banning the truth already. The majority of the population is complacient enough to let it happen.
Math is already racist. Not statistics, but math in general. They just cut to the chase.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes, but when you start to racialize everything as a way to make excuses for this, that and the other, you have opened the door for people to start doing this sort of thing in ways you don't like. You can't just expect start examine things through the prism of certain races, especially in front of kids and not expect them to wonder why no one ever examines them from the perspective of other races.

It is Pandora's box. It never should have been opened like this, but now it's out and we're going to all catch hell before we start to get it closed again.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I do wonder about standard IQ tests I have to say.
I think they are one of those things that, the more you are exposed to them, the better your score gets (within limits).

There are a ton of super clever black folks so I don't really buy the "This race is cleverer than that one" line.
I reckon you take an average kid and ghettoise them, they are going to do poorly at these tests, you take the same kid and expose them to art and culture and learning, they will do better.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Would a white person talking about white privilege have a problem at this fair?

Would a black person talking about white privilege have a problem at this fair?

This is why we don't push our broken ideals on the kids, because they are kids.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Just my opinion.

I agree, this has no place in schools. And I got to say the Obama 8 year naval staring did not help racial relations, it hurt them bigly.

I quite often details why I didn't like Obama as a politician. I could go on and on.

But I fail to identify how he could directly have hurt race relations, at least maliciously.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I quite often details why I didn't like Obama as a politician. I could go on and on.

But I fail to identify how he could directly have hurt race relations, at least maliciously.

The police acted stupidly......

If I had a son it would look like......

edit on 11-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree to an extent. But teaching the youth there are races with a higher IQ can be dangerous.

The IQ test alone is a dangerous state to go off of without other facts. Income, schooling, and emotional IQ are all things that should be considered as well.

I'm not against the topic, I just think the context could be better for youth discussing it.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't think it was malicious. I think he was a horrible president, mainly because he was the definition of a politician.

But I do think he wasnt malicious in racism. I won't argue we have a new found problem on this topic since his presidency.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There is the bell curve.

There are short swedes and tall asians.

This project is not new. The (certain) Jews are at the top of the IQ heap.

Longer one, 2 hrs.

edit on 2 11 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

We disagree. He was a racially charged person.

Obama intentionally uses N-word on podcast

Can you imagine Trump or Bush saying what Obama said in the podcast?

What if the situation with the Travon shooting was a white kid and bush or Trump said the same pith about them looking like them,

Obama got a million free passes.

Beer summit anyone.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's definitely questionable.

All I'm saying is it was bestowed on him to mend the divide that came up... I don't know if anyone could do that balancing act without having something someone could be critical of.

That being said, horrible president. I just think that wasn't all his fault.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Coming out in a interview and using the N word is not trying to perform a balancing act. He set the racial relations back to the 1960's.

And where does he live where some ass hat is using the "n" word in public?

Hate to break it to him, if you hear that in public it more than likely is coming from the youth who listen to RAP that sensationalizes it. Like the "artists" he invited to the white house.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: schuyler

The fair project just asked the question and wondered if there should be more study.

No.

The project’s final conclusion reportedly found that “the lower average IQs of blacks, Southeast Asians, and nonwhite Hispanics means that they are not as likely as non-Hispanic whites and Northeast Asians to be accepted into a more academically rigorous program such as HISP,” the report said. “Therefore the racial disproportionality of HISP is justified.”

Link

This student did not just speculate and ask for more study. He or she came to the conclusion that Blacks, Southeast Asians and non white Hispanics have lower IQs (and used poor, outdated and frankly spurious sources to "validate" such claims), and so the racial disparity in school attendance was reflective of those supposed lower IQ's.

His source material included a book from 1904 for goodness sakes. Don't paint this as some student asking a thoughtful yet somewhat un-PC question. This kid already had an answer in mind and scrambled for whatever "support" that they could find, even if it was over a hundred years old and rooted in Imperialist perspectives. It's just absurd.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

The student does go into some reasoning behind his conclusion.

This subjects is the same bunk that white privilege and white guilt. All is poison and needs to stop. Having 8 years of a SJW was enough, the need to continue SJW is as urgent as keeping Michelle's crap lunch regs in place. Don't expose kids to some adults short falls that are called equality and diversity.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

From the mouth of babes..

You can't judge a child like you would an adult. If kids can't speak freely without being reprimanded, then they will grow up repressing others, like they were repressed by the adults of their youth.

Let kids speak their minds without judgement.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost

From the mouth of babes..

You can't judge a child like you would an adult. If kids can't speak freely without being reprimanded, then they will grow up repressing others, like they were repressed by the adults of their youth.

Let kids speak their minds without judgement.

Yes, the schools go into white privilege this and racist that. Then they get offended when one of the students flips the paradigm. This is a "teachable moment".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join