It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school science fair project questioning African American intelligence sparks outrage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Long thread, from a long and unbelievably miss handled area of education in public schools. For lack of a better term it is SJW subject matter being brought to students, then the students start to discuss and expand on the subject. Then the fire works start.

Outrage as a student in C.K. McClatchy High Schools elite magnet program put together a fair project that questions the intelligence of certain races compared to other races and if this is a reason that the HISP (Humanities and International Studies program) is lacking certain colors of people.

Students, parents and staff at C.K. McClatchy High School are upset over a science fair project by a student in its elite magnet program that questioned whether certain races of people lack the intelligence to handle the program’s academically challenging coursework.

Some of those outraged by the racially charged project say it points to a larger problem: the lack of ethnic diversity in the school’s elite HISP program.

The project that started the controversy was titled “Race and IQ.” It raised the hypothesis: “If the average IQs of blacks, Southeast Asians, and Hispanics are lower than the average IQs of non-Hispanic whites and Northeast Asians, then the racial disproportionality in (HISP) is justified.”

Ut oh, we are only to ask certain questions that are racially charged, not others. And suggesting that research needs to happen on the controversial topic the fair entry handled with race and intelligence is not on the list of OK topics. And the fair entry was ripped from the fair after a day and a half to spare any hurt feelings.

The project that started the controversy was titled “Race and IQ.” It raised the hypothesis: “If the average IQs of blacks, Southeast Asians, and Hispanics are lower than the average IQs of non-Hispanic whites and Northeast Asians, then the racial disproportionality in (HISP) is justified.”

The project was put on display with others on Monday afternoon to be judged by a team of community members as part of the fourth annual Mini Science Fair. It was removed Wednesday morning after students, parents and staff complained. The science fair was open to students and parents.

Read more here: www.sacbee.com...=cpy

Of course the only people who could be hurt were "especially people of color". And the student who made the project was saying racist things in class, and is a person of "Asian" decent. If he was making racist statements wouldn't he be in deep doo doo in any school, of course that depends on what race the "Asian" was going to discuss. See how race is put in the for front in schools? This is being done on purpose.

“I think that a lot of people, especially of color, are really hurt and upset by this,” said Chrysanthe Vidal, a senior in the HISP program.

She said the student who prepared the report has a history of making racist remarks in class. He is described by peers as a boy of Asian descent and a participant in the accelerated Humanities and International Studies program, or HISP. The Sacramento Bee did not speak to the student and is not identifying the minor.

Read more here: www.sacbee.com...=cpy

The HISP program was designed to promote cultural awareness and sensitivity. FAIL.
And of course in a class that is supposed to promote cultural awareness and sensitivity they are counting the white-black-brown-and yellow faces, because that is what matters.

The HISP program is designed to promote cultural awareness and sensitivity. Often, it includes alternative viewpoints on history. For example, one HISP student said that while learning about Christopher Columbus, students also learned about “the Indian genocide” and the perspective of Native Americans on white settlers.

The program currently has 508 students enrolled, including 12 African American students, 80 Hispanic students and 104 who are Asian, according to data provided by the district.

“We’ve clearly not progressed as much as the students want to think we have,” said one freshman in HISP. “It’s just kind of shocking to think someone could enter into that program knowing that is what we are learning about and being so closed-minded.”

Of course no one knows if the teacher say the project but it was on social media so the Admin sent out a heart felt email to parents. And don't worry the school is taking steps to insure to I guess this student's provide a safe and inclusive environment for all of our students. But not for any opinion that is not OK'ed by the all knowing teachers who let this in the fair in the first place.

Principal Peter Lambert also Thursday sent an email message to parents. “I want to be clear that at McClatchy High School we promote and embrace an inclusive environment and way of thinking which excludes any form of discrimination,” he wrote. “Many of you have asked me what our school is doing in response to this incident. I want you to know we are taking this incident very seriously and we will be reviewing the incident and implementing all measures as appropriate to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all of our students.”

And according to Vidal (last name maybe), an African American student, this reflects the undercurrent of racism at the school. But she hasn't experienced "blatant racism"

Lambert, who is African American, met with his staff to further discuss the project Friday morning.

Vidal, who said she is one of four African American students in her senior class, said the incident reflects an undercurrent of racism at the school, although she hasn’t experienced blatant racism.

Students at the school who aren’t in the HISP program see it as a closed culture made up mostly of white and Asian students, Vidal said. “They don’t feel they can talk to us,” she said.

Students in the program have similar economic backgrounds and belief systems, creating an echo chamber, she and other HISP students said. HISP students don’t get the insight of people of color or from lower socio-economic backgrounds.

This is a very good reason to not mess with this stuff in public schools. The idiots in the school bring up all forms of racism except non approved racism. And when a student does bring up a controversial subject it is shunned instead of allowed to be debated. I wonder if the actual subject of white privilege is ever censored?

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's the elephant in the room. Doesn't mean it's not true, it's just not PC. It's easy to blame the testing. Everyone is predisposed to believe that because we've been taught that "everyone is equal" and Lord help you if you deviate from that.

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The only people that are afraid of a question are the ones that are afraid of the answer.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Oh my.

This will cause issues.

(SnF just because. . . )

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I wish the libs would understand how and why they are making this country racist again. But they won't because they WANT segregation at this point. Throw the evil whites in the gallows and get it over with.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The only reason this isn't national news is because the student who did it is Asian which is racist in and of itself.

Asians are the invisible race. They aren't victims, beat everyone at their own game, and get targeted by the same rules that target that "other" group, but no one talks about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dude, this threads going to go over like a fart in the car.

"Um, it was you!?"

Damn, I'm watching for comedy.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Asians you say? Oh, well because certain people don't agree with many of their ideals they just consider them "white", so they don't count. Same with Mexican and latino conservatives or non indoctrunated liberals. Blacks whom don't subscribe to this new world of calling everyone non-"liberal" racists are just uncle Tom's or tokens.

Pretty sick if you ask me.
edit on 11-2-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The fair project just asked the question and wondered if there should be more study.

But this was not on the approved list of OK'ed questions. But what could the idiot faculty expect. Students are smart and ask hard ass questions. And start meddling in this toxic brew of racism and SJWism with the claim of wanting to be equal just shows the Hippocrates that are running the show at these schools.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There have been a number of studies that have concluded this. Harvard did a study comparing MCAT score of different races and med school acceptance rate as well.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
There have been a number of studies that have concluded this. Harvard did a study comparing MCAT score of different races and med school acceptance rate as well.

And poverty is always the answer given as to why. Of course it just couldn't be a culture without values while promoting violence and even segregation as if it's somehow a good thing for society. Too many billions are being made from this # hole culture that it won't go away anytime soon. We'll keep watching Hollywood and the media glamorize and glorify it every day.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

weird you went with the AA angle in your title when the study included many other ethnic groups.

wonder if the study took into account more than economic standings to try to rationalize the results. some ethnic groups are more adept at certain things than others.
IQ tests are mostly developed for the majority groups of its constituents.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You can only blame so much on economics. I think it has more to do with the fact that in many AA communities becoming educated is considered "too white" and a betrayal to that culture. If you don't believe me go to an inner city AA community and ask them.

Many people grow up poor. Being poor isn't exclusive to one race, not even here in the good old U.S.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Some of the smartest and, more importantly, classiest individuals I've ever met have been black.

I think that's all I need to say.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I lean on statistics, not bias or prejudice. Given time,,, statistics will be laid waste and labeled as a tool only used by those deemed politically incorrect and decisive. Just past laws banning the truth already. The majority of the population is complacient enough to let it happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

That has nothing to do with this thread

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Some of the smartest and, more importantly, classiest individuals I've ever met have been black.

I think that's all I need to say.

And the bean bags from Toss-Across are white with red dot-a-dots.

There, we both added value to the thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I think this is something that can be dangerous for youth.

I'm not going to debate the substance of the topic, as socioeconomic factors may play in.

But introducing this idea to youth for them to carry on could be bad as they havent fully developed their mind to understand why if this topic is true. It could lead to a feeling of superiority.

That's all I got.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think this is something that can be dangerous for youth.

I'm not going to debate the substance of the topic, as socioeconomic factors may play in.

But introducing this idea to youth for them to carry on could be bad as they havent fully developed their mind to understand why if this topic is true. It could lead to a feeling of superiority.

That's all I got.

What is dangerous, the fair project or the special class that aims to create equality and harmony?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

weird you went with the AA angle in your title when the study included many other ethnic groups.

wonder if the study took into account more than economic standings to try to rationalize the results. some ethnic groups are more adept at certain things than others.
IQ tests are mostly developed for the majority groups of its constituents.

Weird that you didn't notice the title from the story is the title for the thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join