It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Polarization, Partizanship and Social Media Consumption.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump lowered my taxes.

Congress lowered your taxes. They raised mine.

He wants to strengthen our borders.

He wants to build a wall in the middle of the Rio Grande and make Mexico pay for it. Does that sound rational?

It sounds ambitious.

Sorry your taxes went up.

Mine didn't.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

The analysis is predicated on the belief that pretty much only right wing sites are junk - so what other results would one expect from a social media analysis of such articles from the site list??

Why do you believe that the analysis does not include objective and left of center sites?

Because I read the list of sites included.

And think that the right wing ones are "objective?"

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

But in essence it finds that backers of President Donald Trump are sharing more “junk” political news – ideologically extreme, conspiratorial, sensationalist and phony information – over Twitter and Facebook than all other groups combined.

Bull and CRAP.

Nobody beats the Never Trump spin machine.

Hollywood, television, internets, and FAUX news outlets.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump lowered my taxes.

Congress lowered your taxes. They raised mine.

He wants to strengthen our borders.

He wants to build a wall in the middle of the Rio Grande and make Mexico pay for it. Does that sound rational?

More rational than your post. I flat out disbelieve your taxes have been raised and your Rio Grande comment sits right 'out there' as well.
edit on 11-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The analysis is predicated on the belief that pretty much only right wing sites are junk - so what other results would one expect from a social media analysis of such articles from the site list??

Why do you believe that the analysis does not include objective and left of center sites?

And think that the right wing ones are "objective?"

I think that the severe political divide has created a media landscape that is very biased on both sides of the divide. Taking one side of that argument and labelling them as 'junk', whilst ignoring the other, and then building an analysis on that ideological predisposition is nothing more than junk analysis.

Like I said, until one comes to the realisation that propaganda is being pushed by both sides of the political debate, one can not start a debate on fake news from an honest position. If your starting position is to make a list of sites you disagree with as being 'junk' then your opinion is worthless to any reasoned discussion.

Here is a simple question for you.

Which left wing sites/media outlets are biased and push fake news about the President?

edit on 11/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Which of these sites do you consider "reliable?"

100percentfedup.com 100percentfedup.com... hat-plantation-video/
allenbwest.com www.allenbwest.com...
americanthinker.com www.americanthinker.com...
on_hillary.html
anonews.co www.anonews.co...
barenakedislam.com www.barenakedislam.com...
beforeitsnews.com ______beforeitsnews/politics/2016/11/breaking-wikileaks-to-drop-hillarys-33kdeleted-emails-tomorrow-video-2855077.html
bipartisanreport.com bipartisanreport.com...
bizpacreview.com www.bizpacreview.com...
bredred.com bredred.com...
breitbart.com www.breitbart.com...
campusreform.org www.campusreform.org...
centerforsecuritypolicy.org www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...
clintonemail.com clintonemail.com...
cnsnews.com cnsnews.com...
commonsenseconservative.org
commonsense-conservative.org...
concealncarry.stfi.re concealncarry.stfi.re...
conservativedailypost.com conservativedailypost.com...
conservativeoutfitters.com www.conservativeoutfitters.com...
700-from-george-soros
conservativeread.com conservativeread.com...
conservativereview.com www.conservativereview.com...
conservativetribune.com conservativetribune.com...
constitution.com constitution.com...
crooksandliars.com crooksandliars.com...
dailycaller.com dailycaller.com... &utm_medium=social
dailynewsbin.com www.dailynewsbin.com...
dangerandplay.com www.dangerandplay.com...
dcclothesline.com www.dcclothesline.com...
deepstatenation.com deepstatenation.com...
dennismichaellynch.com dennismichaellynch.com...
donaldtrumpnews.co donaldtrumpnews.co...
drudgereport.com www.drudgereport.com...
endingthefed.com endingthefed.com...
eutimes.net www.eutimes.net...
floppingaces.net www.floppingaces.net...
freebeacon.com freebeacon.com...
frontpagemag.com www.frontpagemag.com...
gotnews.com gotnews.com...
hannity.com www.hannity.com...
hotair.com hotair.com...
hotpagenews.com hotpagenews.com...
infowars.com www.infowars.com...
inquisitr.com www.inquisitr.com...
joeforamerica.com joeforamerica.com...
judicialwatch.org www.judicialwatch.org...
lawnews.tv lawnews.tv...
lifenews.com www.lifenews.com...
magafeed.com magafeed.com...
mediaite.com www.mediaite.com...
mobile.wnd.com mobile.wnd.com...
mostdamagingwikileaks.com www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com...
mrctv.org www.mrctv.org...
nationalreview.com www.nationalreview.com...
wouldve-beaten-obama-2012
naturalnews.com www.naturalnews.com...
ism.html
newsbusters.org www.newsbusters.org...
newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...
nydailynews.com www.nydailynews.com...
occupydemocrats.com occupydemocrats.com...
pamelageller.com pamelageller.com...
http:///36q0yksm
patdollard.com www.patdollard.com...
patriotpost.us patriotpost.us...
politopinion.com politopinion.com...
puppetstringnews.com www.puppetstringnews.com...
election
rasmussenreports.com www.rasmussenreports.com...
te_house_watch_nov3

edit on 11-2-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Wait. Where were CNN, MSNBC, NYT, and WaPo, not to mention a laundry list of additional MSM publications who have all consistently met 4 of the 5 criteria used to identify junk media? The 5th one doesn't count as that's junk science all by itself. Really, fonts?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

As usual you are not listening.
Let's say for the sake of argument that ALL of them should be on the list.

Now, I'll ask again, which left wing sites/media outlets do you think are biased against the President and conservatism in general, pushing lies to drive an agenda? Or do you believe none are?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Which left wing sites/media outlets are biased and push fake news about the President?

Can you name one for me? Provide an example of an outright fabrication that was not corrected and the reporter punished?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Can you name one for me? Provide an example of an outright fabrication that was not corrected and the reporter punished?

I've asked you a question, please answer it instead of asking me to answer for you.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Wait. Where were CNN, MSNBC, NYT, and WaPo, not to mention a laundry list of additional MSM publications who have all consistently met 4 of the 5 criteria used to identify junk media? The 5th one doesn't count as that's junk science all by itself. Really, fonts?

Just because Trump calls them "fake" does not mean they are. If you look at the actual paper, mainstream sources are included in the study. The extreme right does not follow them; that is the whole point.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No. None of them are. That's the whole point and why this is junk science.

It starts with carving out a group of unidentified sources and automatically assigns the 'truth' label to them. Everything else is junk.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I've asked you a question, please answer it instead of asking me to answer for you.

You asked me if I still beat my wife. If I say "none of them" you call me blind; if I say "all of them" I would be lying. I do not generally read blogs written by crazies, so I do not know what crazy left wing conspiracy theories are out there. The furthest left I go is the Daily Koz, which is extremely biased but does not actually make things up. Now kindly reply to my question.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

But the kool-aid drinking left does. That is the point.

I'm done here. Pointless arguing with someone who thinks anything they have read in the last two years from MSM even comes close to being unbiased or covers the truth.

Reread the 5 criteria used and then apply them to any source.

You are being manipulated. I don't care what team you say you are on. Now THAT is a fact you can take to the bank.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You asked me if I still beat my wife. If I say "none of them" you call me blind; if I say "all of them" I would be lying. I do not generally read blogs written by crazies, so I do not know what crazy left wing conspiracy theories are out there. The furthest left I go is the Daily Koz, which is extremely biased but does not actually make things up. Now kindly reply to my question.

So you can't come up with a single left-wing site you would call at least as politically biased as say, The National Review or judicialwatch.org , which were on the list?

Like I said, if you are unable to debate from a position of honesty, your opinion is worthless.

Having made my point, I'll leave you to it.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
LOL you just know you're winning when the snowflakes start to get desperate.

Honestly, it is becoming tiresome to see this type of thing, with no actual data to support it.
edit on 11-2-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm done here. Pointless arguing with someone who thinks anything they have read in the last two years from MSM even comes close to being unbiased or covers the truth.

You are being manipulated. I don't care what team you say you are on. Now THAT is a fact you can take to the bank.

That's maybe the saddest thing of all - these people who lap up the left wing Trump bashing in the media actually believe it's not biased, but all dissenting opinions are. They're lost.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So you can't come up with a single left-wing site you would call at least as politically biased as say, The National Review or judicialwatch.org , which were on the list?

You sure moved those goalposts fast! I said that left wing sources are biased, didn't I? But I don't know of any that actually make things up like Infowars. Did you not notice "Occupydemocrats" on that list? They are Sanders supporters. There are probably a few other left wing sites on there as well, but, as I said, I do not frequent fringe blogs enough to know which are reliable. The main thing is that most of the sources on that list are blogs, not news media. No Wall Street Journal despite their bias.

Like I said, if you are unable to debate from a position of honesty, your opinion is worthless.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That's maybe the saddest thing of all - these people who lap up the left wing Trump bashing in the media actually believe it's not biased, but all dissenting opinions are. They're lost.

Of course there is bias... but not invention. Junk news is when the medium makes things up... like Infowars.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
LOL you just know you're winning when the snowflakes start to get desperate.

I know I'm winning when the ad homs start to fly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join