It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Meghan and Prince Harry win back the US?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Looks like the ole Hapburgs....errr....Windsors, are trying to freshen up the bloodline a little. Wait til that first kid comes out and it looks like Meghans pappy. We will see then how the UK relly deals with diversity.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Could go either way, a mate of mine had a child with his partner of Jamaican descent and he is white as snow. She used to have people thinking he wasn't her baby.
Race has not been an issue with the relationship so presumably the Queen is happy having a great grandchild with brown skin.

A great grandchild who will be your future president

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I will be well dead by then! You guys will be part of the caliphate by then too so i am thinking the royals are looking for a place to relocate to. Arizona perhaps? Much better weather. a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I'll probably be dead as well come to think of it!
And caliphate lmao, outside of London and other #hole cities there are hardly any Muslims around. My region is 98% plus white non Muslim.
I'll definitely be dead by the time any caliphate could take over.

Back to the royal president though, the Queen wouldn't want to live there just assume control through the family firm.
Resistance is futile

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There's also an issue with Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the US Constitution (HERE).

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

So if Congress signed off on any nobility issues to satisfy the above clause & the British govt allowed the child to be born in the US in the first place (to be eligible for the Presidency), I guess it would be possible. I also haven't run across any laws that ban a US President from having dual citizenship.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Interesting

I know if I was king and my grandchild could potentially be elected US president I'd definitely encourage a situation to enable it.
King of the commonwealth and grandchild leader of the most powerful nation on earth, yep that would be one bad ass powerful family.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You have this all bassackwards anyway. A yank will be wearing that fancy headdress and golden stick while making a living waving at peasants first, as depicted here.

www.youtube.com...

#kingralph
#notmyking
#fiftyfirststateafterbrexit
edit on 13-2-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Haha! I'm not sure what Meghan’s status would be if everyone before Harry died and he became king.
Maybe a duchess or something same as the Queen's husband isn't king just a duke.

Any members know the finer details of titles she'd hold?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Mrs.

second line

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Mrs.

second line

Ah, but is Mrs a title or a style?

I predict they will create a new American royal dynasty, and your citizens will lap it up on TV.
Like I said, resistance is futile lol

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Just imagine what the America reality TV show will like, it could be bigger than the Apprentice and the Kardshians combined. maybe even get its own 24 hour a day channel!!!

edit on 13-2-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Haha yes! They would lap it up!
I think 5 people have to die for Meghan’s first born to become head of state of the UK so it's way easier for her to help chase the POTUS job for her child instead.

If she makes a last trimester trip to the US and the baby is born in the US, you read it here first.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy>>>> You hear some VERY creepy stories about the Royals. I used to think that Harry was the most normal of the lot. If he was normal, he'd abandon them and never look back. As t is, the idea of worshipping royals or even being impressed them just doesn't sell over here. Even out own " royals" , our politicians and celebrities and sport figures have come under scrutiny and get regularly slammed in social media. I don't follow what the brits say about the Royals, although as I said, some in certain circles condemn them as being very twisted.

Do tell! Dangling a carrot like that and leave me hanging! Better yet, start a new thread about creepy things you’ve heard about the royals- that would be an awesome thread 🤔

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lurker1

Yeah we've had English food. We understand how you think boiling water is cha!lenging.

This extremely ignorant statement proves you know nothing about good tea.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Honestly, they'd have more power here if they owned powerful PACs "(political action committees" like AIPAC), lobbying firms, and politically leaning nonprofit organizations like the NRA. A lot of people ignored it with Obama, but Trump's presidency should show people just how little power the US president actually has on his/her own. Our separation of powers ensures that a president has to be able to work with both the courts and the legislature in order to get most major things done.

The groups I mentioned in the first sentence have way more long term power, especially since we can only serve as president for up to 8yrs in total. In fact, I don't even think you can be in the presidential line of succession after serving 8 years as president (someone else can correct me if I'm wrong). AIPAC & the NRA, on the other hand, have been influencing politicians on both sides of the aisle for decades with no end in sight.
edit on 13-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: typo

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Does the US still pay taxes to the UK..? If you find the answer to be yes. Ask yourself why..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I found the answer to be no. What now?
a reply to: purplemer

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I found the answer to be no. What now?

Left it as question so you can look and see for yourself. If you look only a little you see only a little.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I looked, and I will never get that 5 minutes back that I wasted looking up foolishness.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You forget the US could claim the UK. LoL

If an apocalyptic scenario played out and the UK government was gone, until they had options I think the people would accept a temporary Yankee government over a European one.

The same would be true for us with a temporary UK government if ours was gone for a while.

That tells me we could be one people in the future if we wanted or needed to be.

edit on 2 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join