It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Meghan and Prince Harry win back the US?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It is my understanding that anyone marrying into the Crown, has to relinquish any foreign citizenship due to British laws on Sovereignty. So, if Meghan relinquishes her citizenship to marry Harry, then any child of theirs would not pass the litmus rest of being born to a US citizen. Furthermore, the crown would never let anyone in the direct line of succession be born anywhere but British soil . Even if Harry is 6th in line, exceptions would not be made

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rimjaja
It is my understanding that anyone marrying into the Crown, has to relinquish any foreign citizenship due to British laws on Sovereignty. So, if Meghan relinquishes her citizenship to marry Harry, then any child of theirs would not pass the litmus rest of being born to a US citizen. Furthermore, the crown would never let anyone in the direct line of succession be born anywhere but British soil . Even if Harry is 6th in line, exceptions would not be made

Ah, but it has been reported that Meghan wants to keep her U.S. citizenship. Personally, I don't see how she can -- even though neither country prohibits dual citizenship. Do you have a link/source to back up your understanding?

Also, Ted Cruz was born in Canada and that did not seem to be an issue that many people wanted to take up after Obama's eligibility was questioned.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The Fabian strategy of planning far, far ahead and making small changes over a long period of time is the most tried, tested, and true method of forcing political change without resorting to a violent revolution/overthrow.

No one even contemplates "What if this has been in the works for a decade or longer?" That's why it's so effective.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The Fabian strategy of planning far, far ahead and making small changes over a long period of time is the most tried, tested, and true method of forcing political change without resorting to a violent revolution/overthrow.

No one even contemplates "What if this has been in the works for a decade or longer?" That's why it's so effective.

It seems the obvious plan.
I'm just some rough bloke from SW England but if I was king I'd see a long term plan in the making to get my grandchild President in 40 odd years.
For sure.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If Meghan goes into early labour while in the States you read it here first

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Yeah we've had English food. We understand how you think boiling water is cha!lenging.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The OP didn't depend on Harry being king.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Oh I see. So Diana was in the way of what?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

We love the royals here.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Ha...well if it is, you and I will be nearly the only ones to say, "Called it!"

But I think that after Obama's election, it would be a wise strategic move for a British monarch to put into play. AND perhaps it was, indeed, put into play -- before or with Obama's election, even.

No matter what...I think the discussion of Obama's varied citizenships (potentially divided loyalties) was worthy of serious discussion -- for any future implications, alone -- back in 2008 and today.

edit on 2/12/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Interesting because I reckon a royal running for president would play the Dem card, but watch them it's a trick!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy>>>> You hear some VERY creepy stories about the Royals. I used to think that Harry was the most normal of the lot. If he was normal, he'd abandon them and never look back. As t is, the idea of worshipping royals or even being impressed them just doesn't sell over here. Even out own " royals" , our politicians and celebrities and sport figures have come under scrutiny and get regularly slammed in social media. I don't follow what the brits say about the Royals, although as I said, some in certain circles condemn them as being very twisted.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Party is irrelevant...those planning 50 years ahead will infiltrate & use all the parties to achieve their goals.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's the mud pit so I'll be honestly blunt.
If the hardest gang in town have some long term strategy to gain influence over the most powerful nation in the world I'd support it every time.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Party is irrelevant...those planning 50 years ahead will infiltrate & use all the parties to achieve their goals.

Okay but my call is Democrat first royal president

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I would assume people in every foreign nation would feel the same.

We've left ourselves open to it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Okay but my call is Democrat first royal president

Mine, too...it only makes sense.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Prince Philip was forced to give up his Greek and____ citizenships in order to be allowed to marrynELizabeth. I just watched a documentary on it... but can’t recall the name of It.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rimjaja
Prince Philip was forced to give up his Greek and____ citizenships in order to be allowed to marrynELizabeth. I just watched a documentary on it... but can’t recall the name of It.

A quick search shows he gave up his titles and definitely Greek citizenship...but, beyond that, it's not immediately clear.
edit on 2/12/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I don't know much about the Duke to be honest, only that he shames himself often with some of the things he says to people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join