It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Meghan and Prince Harry win back the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
If a Kenyan can become president anyone can.

Donald is damm near German no wonder the far right KEK bridge love him

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: rhynouk

Agreed it would be interesting for sure.
This thread is obviously speculative in nature, but if a child of Meghan and Harry could legally stand for POTUS if born in the US then I hope they have a child there if only for the chuckle.

I agree. Our Royal family are very protective of the crown. Using the same names throughout history, and not liking anyone who doesn't tow the line (Diana Princess of Wales)

I do feel the next generation of our Royals are a little more approachable than the current one so you never know what will happen as time goes on.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: CharlesT
If a Kenyan can become president anyone can.

Donald is damm near German no wonder the far right KEK bridge love him

Buy that definition a massive percentage of U.S. Citizens would not be eligible.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Do you think a royal president would be Democrat or Republican? I reckon Democrat, just gut instinct, pseudo liberal political front to woo the voters

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Do you think a royal president would be Democrat or Republican? I reckon Democrat, just gut instinct, pseudo liberal political front to woo the voters

Us Brits know how to woo the voters. We could charm the pants off anyone.
I agree with Democrat though.
Like you said. Just for the chuckle I would love to see a Royal run for President.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
In theory, but very unlikely as the British Monarchy is very strict about royal births.

Fergie said she had to get permission to take her children anywhere because they legally belonged to the Crown, not her.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Born in America? Taking an American job? They would "go native", and think as Americans.

I would say born in the firm you think like the firm...or die in a car accident.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Where did you read that about Fergie? I don't necessarily doubt it when talking monarchy but I'm surprised if true that she dared revealing that...for obvious car crash reasons of course.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ted Cruz Ran and he wasn’t born in America and ran. I really don’t think it would matter where the kid was born. I personally do, I don’t think any with duel or more citizenship should be able to run. No one ever explained how Obama wasn’t a citizen of the UK

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

That's a very interesting scenario... and after checking out the Nobility Clause in the Constitution, and the issue of dual citizenship under current interpretations and case law, it is possible that their child could become president. I had thought the child would have to forfeit their title of nobility and their dual citizenship, but there is nothing requiring such. The Nobility Clause stipulates that the President cannot accept any title of nobility while president... but it doesn't address a president who already has a title of nobility. And nothing demands forfeiting dual citizenship.

I think this may speak to the founding fathers' understanding of what constitutes a "natural born citizen," and in their definition, a "natural born citizen" could not have dual citizenship, much less a foreign title of nobility. So of course they would not have addressed these possibilities.

I can't help but wonder how Britain would feel about the U.S.A. claiming one of their potential heirs to the throne! I'm a little surprised that Britain wouldn't insist that Meghan give up her U.S. citizenship and become a British citizen before marrying a prince.

As for Britain taking back the nation, I don't see how that could be possible -- not legally anyway. That would be treason and/or sedition as defined by the Constitution/law, no matter who tried it!

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It points out the fine distinction between "US Citizen" and "Natural Born Citizen" and what a mess the politicians have made of our immigration laws.

The short answer should be "No, any child of Harry and Meghan would not be a natural born citizen, therefore ineligible to become POTUS," but people supporting Obama really screwed that one up. Through his father, Obama was born with dual citizenship and could not have been 'natural born.'
edit on 11-2-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Ah thanks for the informative answer

I was just musing to myself after reading the natural born citizen thread, the take back US bit was a tongue in cheek chuckle, but if my child was POTUS I'd have massive influence. The royal firm would have massive influence over the hypothetical royal POTUS.
It is why I find the thought fascinating, it really would cross a line in family dynasties and Geo politics.
edit on 11-2-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Where did you read that about Fergie? I don't necessarily doubt it when talking monarchy but I'm surprised if true that she dared revealing that...for obvious car crash reasons of course.

Watching her on a talk show interview.

Straight out of her mouth.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
We got enough problems of our own in the UK without taking over responsibility for all the blm and sjw, Nazi and klukker nut jobs.

And to be brutally honest I think becoming state 51 would be more likely than the US becoming a protectorate of the crown again.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Ooh your citizenship definitions and POTUS eligibility rules are debatable so it seems. Others disagree and say the royal child could if born on US soil.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Lol yes, but in the hypothetical scenario of royal POTUS then he/she is doing what the family has groomed them to do. If I was king and my grandson became POTUS he'd be doing what was best for the family and home nation.
That's why I think such potential situation is interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Straight out of her horsey mouth

Are you from the US then, never see her on UK television but I know minor royals ply their trade in US celebrity circles.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I thought David Icke already said the Royal family and the "lizard Queen" still owned America, and US democracy was just a joke to keep Americans busy arguing amongst themselves to not notice what was really going on. After the marriage Harry and Meghan become the governors of the former U.S.A. now called the Western Colonies?????

(Did I really just say that and give the game away!!!!!)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Straight out of her horsey mouth

Are you from the US then, never see her on UK television but I know minor royals ply their trade in US celebrity circles.

Horsey mouth? Why would you say that?

Yes, USA.

She said she likes America and she's treated better here.

This was many years ago.

edit on 11-2-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Haha yes!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join