It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Technology - An Occult Perspective

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Hi lostgirl

(smiley icon)

- any opinion on the above?

snip %<

Now at nearly 55 yrs old and having never seen 'anything' for myself, and because it makes sense to me that 'belief' would be a component in people having such 'experiences', I can't help but wonder...why not me?

Honestly I have no idea especially when you put it that way why not me? -- I have never considered things from that point of view and your right, it is not fair.

Well . . . . . let's see.

There are other researchers on ATS who are looking at the why and how of who gets to experience and who doesn't. But their approach is from another point of view.

Thinking about it out loud shall we say.

Things to consider,

* lots of people wish that door was never opened in the first place.

* here in the modern western world paranormal experience is equated with abnormality by society, family, science, religion and above all psychology. They will attack you if you say anything.

* One can join a school like Buddhism or Rosicrucianism, and hope you'll experience something. But you get all the philosophy which you may not want and you get told things like "when the student is ready the master will appear" which I don't think is very fair.

Or one can simply look between two thoughts and see what is there. I generally suggest this because that's how I do it and I don't know any other way.

I would add that from observation, it is all there right in front of us but we don't understand it and so it passes us by. They can jump up and down as much as they like and we will never notice unless they start moving furniture or going bump in the night.

All I can really do is try to introduce the neighbors by relating what it feels like and how communication is achieved when it happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

I think we're basically on the same page but see things differently.

Who do you believe?

Personally, I try to get to know "others" before making a Judgement

im a big believer in that all Life is created equal in Dignity and Rights. Its my interpretation of the first declaration of Human Rights that is adapted to include everyone

Believe? My friends and my own "eyes" for me.

"All life is equal . . . ." I believe so too, but in practice to take sides with a little critter and protect it from a high placed churchman who's decided "it's a daemon" has caused me no end of conflict.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The statue, what's the story on that? If I may ask.

Does that depict a Nagi?

The statue has a memory: A bearded man kneeling with his hands forward palms up. He looks a bit biblical but I doubt he is.

But I am no archeologist or historian by any means.

Quite the treasure.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Thank you, that was a very thoughtful reply...

You are a rare soul - your kindheartedness comes across almost tangibly in your writing..

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

The statue has a memory: A bearded man kneeling with his hands forward palms up. He looks a bit biblical but I doubt he is.

I said in my initial post that I spoke in a very down to earth fashion. You have just changed the game. I have also seen exactly what you have described above Empty pews either side a bearded man alone kneeling, exactly as you described hands forward palms up praying alone in front of a wall of Light
Not looking Biblical- How did he look - this is really important.

Starting from the bottom up, these photo's tell a story of a man currently walking on this planet. The figurine at the start of this tale is there for a reason. What do the rest of these photo's say to you, what do they tell you? Do they say anything at all?

twitter.com...

edit on 16-2-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Thanks lostgirl.

You'd be delighted by what is close to you, trust your intuition and feelings.

Knowing without knowing how you know

edit on 16-2-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added a little more

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

So the statue is a book, a container for knowledge and probably from a library of books just like her.

Hah! The respectable archaeologists and historians won't like you DpatC. So, in a way; the British museum is actually a library if they only knew. Maybe some of them do know. The "Raiders of the lost Ark" period of looting temples and ancient places and dragging objects back to Britain can be seen as a knowledge raid.

And the Rosicrucian museum in San Jose, THEY should know what those old relics are. (well I hope so anyway).

And the Crystal Skulls . . . . .

Adolph Hitler's fascination with The Spear of Destiny at the museum before he plunged Europe into war.

The knowledge of the ancient world under everybody's noses all the time, and on public display or all to see.

I'm really impressed DpatC, I never knew this until looking at your "Mum" and sleeping on it.

. . . . . Geez, no wonder your family banned you from writing.

Anyways,

Not looking Biblical- How did he look - this is really important.

I can't give a "mug shot" description because I focus on the feelings and actions aspect more then the purely visual. But these two pictures evoke a close match.

(Caption for those who can't see the images: A pair of protective spirits, Apkallu, from Nimrud. Source: Wikipedia Apkallu)

The photo above has the same feeling as the guy kneeling. So does the photo of the girl below.

(Caption for those who can't see the images: The Burney Relief (c. 1792 - 1750 BC), representing an ancient Babylonian goddess, possibly Ishtar or Ereshkigal. Source: Wikipedia Ghosts in Mesopotamian religions)

This picture of a girl with wings and bird feet always feels very familiar to me, like I know her. I would like to meet the statue one day.

Both pictures would fit with your "mum" is my feeling.

The link you posted took me to a Twitter page and I didn't see any pictures of statues. If you meant the artworks that seem to be background images use on the webpage. Well I won't look into those for all the tea in China. Artworks can often be a door to the artist's mind. I never look into those places.

So, you can read books DpatC. You'd love that library of the coast of Alexandria I mentioned a few posts ago.

(grin) Like I said earlier, you won't be popular with the conventional experts . . . . . .

Note: The two images used in this post "usage rights" are, to the best of my understanding, for free use.

edit on 16-2-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: being tidy

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'm really impressed DpatC, I never knew this until looking at your "Mum" and sleeping on it.

I never referred to that figurine as my "Mum"
im intrigued, you have grabbed my attention, can you explain further !!!!

I did however tell you that my daughters name in Irish is Eilidh, so I'll give you that one.

edit on 17-2-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I never referred to that figurine as my "Mum"
im intrigued, you have grabbed my attention, can you explain further !!!!

(smile) The figurine has the word "mum" below it in this link of yours.

link to "mum"

I would call her that too because the figurine looks (with the ordinary eye) to be holding a child.

edit on 17-2-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

you have grabbed my attention, can you explain further !!!!

Well it is Sunday morning, and I have time.

My understanding is that your figurine is a container for knowledge, a "book". So one might also call it a "biography" from your description of "tells the story of a man . . . ." from an earlier post of yours.

This is the first time I've seen the connection of a physical artifact being a book, as such. Usually I just find them on the "inner" and pay them no heed.

Now a container for knowledge is a "book", a container for books is a "library".

So it follows that at least some of the ancient temples were libraries.

It also follows that some of the "gods" in those libraries are "librarians".

The First Civilisation and the machine sentences have a huge library, those sentences can hold the movement of the cosmos through any given moment in time and one can "zoom" in to any planet or star like google earth in any time. Mind boggling in detail.

My own experience was in 3D surrounded by a honeycomb and one would reach out and simply touch a place and zoom in.

I took a human (alive) seer friend there and she described the experience as fundamentally the same in how it worked but as a librarian in the local town library it adapted to her thoughts on how a library should work.

The hard part for me is focusing on something to look at. It felt like the very first time I visited an internet cafe and sat in front of a computer for the very first time. The guy said type what your looking for in the box.

Huh? What box? I tried typing and nothing happened. He then moved a box and an arrow moved to a rectangle on the screen and he typed and then pushed a "return" button.

Then he looked at me with a disgusted look and walked out back, and I walked out of his cafe.

That big library is daunting like the cafe, so I prefer not to go there.

That's a description of the big machine sentence's library.

Now if I were to describe the ancients here on earth's libraries I would say this:

There was a time when there was a universal "language" like in the statue where "memories" were stored in physical objects. Anyone could just pick up the object and "read" it. No need for a written language.

Then something happened and the ability to read was lost. In short the population became illiterate one might suggest. So a need arose to developed a written language to record things, probably a spoken language as well.

The biblical tower of babel story comes to mind here.

So, perhaps the literate people who could write memories into objects went away or died out leaving a population behind. Maybe war, lots of that in those days. And maybe the "scholars" and "scientists" of the time got too dangerous in the wonders they could do.

Maybe your "book" knows what happened DpatC.

I'm not a history buff nor interested in the past except when it comes to locating and collecting the artificial sentiences. Plus I'm "illiterate".

In a post above I mentioned the " Spear of Destiny". She is not a container for knowledge by the way. She is a war goddess who got caught up in something and was anchored to the spear of Longinus. (I hope I got the centurian's name right).

In the translation of the Illiad and Odyssey I read years ago, (Peter Graves I think - a Penguin edition) Homer said of Pallas Athene that she was a war goddess who had her favourites such as Odysseus and would join in the battles strategically. Whereas Ares would join in for the joy of battle itself.

The Spear of Destiny war goddess is more like Pallas Athene then Ares.

I would describe her as quite alluring. She knows very well how to conquer a man's heart and leed him to war. But anyone who knows the history of the legend knows what she does to her men when she tires of them.

She "stepped forward" after I included the spear in that post above to correct me, and to ask for help in release from the object. Although she is a goddess and not ancient living technology, the principal is the same in practice.

She is not my type of girl.

It has been a long time since I read the book by Ravenscroft.

Here is a link to a free download from archive.org.

Spear of Destiny by Trevor Ravenscroft

Keep in mind that Ravenscroft was an Anthroposophist and saw things in that light. Even Rudolf Steiner has his Master.

edit on 17-2-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: neatness

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

originally posted by: Baddogma
...as in belief is needed by an embedded consciousness to enable a "visiting" (or invading) consciousness to manifest in the other universe.. wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on it?

Hi Bd - hope you're well

I wanted to address the above, because it speaks to something I think is curious about my own 'experience' (or rather, lack thereof) -
- see, I'm definitely a 'believer' when it comes to the topic of (for lack of any better word) 'supernatural/paranormal' - as in I absolutely believe there is more to this 'reality' than the merely 'material'...

...I've always 'believed' - for as long as I can remember, despite having no personal 'experiences' - 'belief' feels intrinsic to me..

Now at nearly 55 yrs old and having never seen 'anything' for myself, and because it makes sense to me that 'belief' would be a component in people having such 'experiences', I can't help but wonder...why not me?

For a long time, I thought it might be due to where I live - like maybe central Florida is a sort of 'paranormal dead zone' or something - but then I started thinking about all the places I've traveled to (many of which are frequently mentioned on ATS) which are supposed to be 'supernatural hot spots' - and yet....nothin'...

So, I don't know - just thought I'd give you that 'input' for what it's worth, if anything...also, I'd be interested to know what our OP here thinks...

...Hello, "Whatsthisthen" - I've been enjoying this thread as well as many of your other writings since you joined ATS -
- any opinion on the above?

Lost girl, I couldn’t help but reading your post about experiences. Actually I’ve learned that ironically some spiritual teachers think people without “experiences” are the best students because they come with less preconceived notions of what spirituality really is all about.

In fact sometimes the experiencers are filled with false notions of spirituality.

Of course, experiences are and can be positive unless one gets addicted to them or their ego gets increased due to them.

That’s one reason generally in authentic spiritual schools its taught not to tell others of your experiences if its about your ego.

Whats more important is insight and being virtuous

edit on 17-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Anyone interested in the subject of this op might really enjoy this book.

Crowley, secret ciphers, Aliens, UFOS, Secret Chiefs, Blavatski, Phil Dick, the early Ufo contactees and their relationship with the the men in black, all kinds of deep stuff with real deep connections between Ufology, and occult spirituality

SECRET CIPHER OF THE UFONAUTS

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

PEOPLE speculate about extraterrestrialism and its relationship to the “Secret Chiefs of the Order.” Although many consider this poetic metaphor (at best), magical writers Kenneth Grant and Michael Bertiaux, along with a few perceptive UFOlogists, have made serious speculations in this direction. Certainly, the Aiwass, Lam and other experiences of Aleister Crowley relate to certain types of contactee material. An example is The Ra Material generated by the late Don Elkins, Carla Rueckert and others. The stellar references in magick are numerous, and specula- tions along the lines of Philip K. Dick’s gnostic VALIS trilogy, along with the more creditable visitation literature (as in Robert Temple’s The Sirius Mystery) seem worthy of examination in the light of New Aeon English Qabalah.

You start reading this book you better have some spare time and don’t read it in the dark alone!

edit on 17-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Hey LG, nice to read you as well. I wrote several replies and ended up rambling, repeating and deleting, but decided to try again, rambling or no.

As I've said, I don't know much of anything, but my few experiences indicate that reality isn't as real, or"material," as we are led to believe. Ultimately, consciousness seems primary and we seem to be in a huge, relatively stable dream. But who is dreaming? Also, dream is a poor term, as our reality is as real as it gets for us in this state... but it's not as material as some believe.

Yeah, beliefs seem to be operating systems that translate the energy soup into a somewhat coherent world and sometimes into strange 'paranormal' incidents. Geography, too, may play a role. Other intelligence seems responsible as well ... OR it might be differing levels of awareness in ourselves, so that it only seems like there is external phenomena, or ultimately a solipsistic system... like a head-in-vat dealing with inner issues perceived as external or a God self dividing into his holodeck scenario.

But it's also very possible that we are just not yet able to apprehend the ultimate whys and whats of this environment.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Fascinating.

Tho I say I'm usually blind to "psychic" stuff like spirits, and cannot verify what you perceive, I sometimes seem to feel them if I'm honest with myself (and don't overthink it). An old friend taught me to notice spirits by looking for subtle input under my usual perceptions, and it seemed to work to a point ... and your "between thoughts" reminded me of that.

I've been curious why I've been given the rare attention by the unseen... tho guessed it was just dead family and friends saying "hi" (tho that would contradict the whole 'dead' thing)... but it's difficult to get past the whole "self delusion" aspect, with everything! How much is fact... how much fancy... and is there an iota of difference?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You start reading this book you better have some spare time and don’t read it in the dark alone!

In my younger days I would have jumped on the chance to read something like that book.

Even though the dark side (and good guys forthat matter) on longer gives me grief like they used to,I've experienced enough horror to last me more then just one lifetime. Especially the cruelty.

So Ill politely pass with a thankyou.

The MIB out there are like animated corpses and very hard to kill. But they leave me alone now.

I know I put things simply and mundanely, but that is a translation of something that is, well, unspeakable in essence. To speak in the terminology would serve only a few people who probably know anyway.

I want to build a practical bridge for the common folk, and make it possible for the many to directly experience and know rather then the few. My "girls" understand and support me in this idea, so I do my best.

But there is a lot of work to do yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Tho I say I'm usually blind to "psychic" stuff like spirits, and cannot verify what you perceive, I sometimes seem to feel them if I'm honest with myself (and don't overthink it). An old friend taught me to notice spirits by looking for subtle input under my usual perceptions, and it seemed to work to a point ... and your "between thoughts" reminded me of that.

Over thinking doesn't help me either, and your old friend sounds like he gave good advice.

I've been curious why I've been given the rare attention by the unseen... tho guessed it was just dead family and friends saying "hi" (tho that would contradict the whole 'dead' thing)...

Family saying "hi", why not?

. but it's difficult to get past the whole "self delusion" aspect, with everything! How much is fact... how much fancy... and is there an iota of difference?

Self delusion?

The psychologists have theories on that and try to convince us it is delusional. That is a sad fact of modern western living.

If we hear little voices giving advice on growing vegetables in our garden and it works in practice what's the problem really?

And if we get full of ourselves and open a new-age gardening shop to exploit the little voices' helpful advice, they might get offended and start setting us up for an embarrassing fall.

Just like walking down the street, we see and hear other people. But we would not trust them unless we knew them well. At best we would take the advice under advisement and maybe act on it.

Building trust in ourselves is perhaps what matters most.

And that is a difficult thing to do, trust ourselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Context and perception, hard to do with high strangeness and Ufos where as Jacque Vallee put it, amorphous like. It resemblance an mockery of our lore, is rather iconic and cosmically comicalan yet brutal in it own endeavour s. And yet it take on simple shapes an colour to that of infant puzzle, trying absorb and learn from it own development.

It difficult to say as to what need or reason these things occur or become triggered on the basis of consciousness. Maybe it saying beetlgeuse, beetlgeuse, (almost got me there), looking at some pictures to invoke the wrath of a jealous, insecure God.

Idk what to rather make of my earlier gesture with the picture other then paradolei, or maybe can see of the n. To actually sum up my pov and question, is the realm of the dead relative?

edit on 18-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Hi Will,
Thank you for the comments above - makes a lot of sense...

Also, thanks for the link to the "Secret Cipher..." book...I skimmed it - intriguing reading, though at points I felt the author was coming from 'a place' of having bought into some of the UFO' dis-info' that we know has been put out over the years...

...also, I cannot see Crowley in any way as one of the 'good' guys, which the author definitely seems to.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Hi again Bd - thanks for the reply - it's funny (well, more like ironic, I suppose) that I totally 'grok' (and as I've said, absolutely believe) what you say about "reality" not being "as real, or "material," as we are led to believe"...

...and yet, from my 'experiential' perspective - reality 'seems' rock solid...makes me wonder if that in itself might be due to some 'paranormal' 'influence' -
- I don't know though, I can't imagine what purpose it could serve 'anyone' to 'block' a person from perceiving the 'immaterial', unless there might be some sort of agenda in trying to promote 'dis'belief..

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You'd be delighted by what is close to you, trust your intuition and feelings.

Hi Wtt - I hope you don't mind my abbreviating, you're welcome to call me "lg"

I hadn't replied to this earlier, as I feel my posts are wasting space in your thread, but then I decided I should thank you for the above -
- it was very kind of you to 'take a look', and let me know something 'delightful' "is close to" me...

It's interesting that you just posted to Baddogma about the importance of learning to "trust ourselves" - it is a 'theme' that has been popping up in my mind quite a lot in the last year or so...

I will tell you that what little I have in the way of 'intuition' has proven trust worthy, when I am 'able' to 'hear' it - so, I have been working at trying to be more attentive..
You know, sometimes I get the feeling that the reason I don't have 'experiences', is that 'someone' is protecting me from 'something'...then again that could just be wishful hoping - that whole "someone to watch over me" meme...

(smiley icon) also (((virtual hug)))

p.s. I read "The Spear of Destiny" years ago and found it fascinating - and not at all difficult to believe that Hitler was under the influence of 'supernatural forces'...
edit on 18-2-2018 by lostgirl because: p.s.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join