It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian airliner crashes shortly after take off

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Twenty three degrees and snowing.

IF they saw that and weren't mistaken. If they did see fire, I'm willing to bet it was after they were on the way down.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No reported ceiling, no reported visibility?

23 degrees C? I guess the Russians are using degrees F?

I've flown Cessnas in the snow marginal VFR.

Sooner or later the Russians will figure out what happened.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The rules are:
Aviate
Navigate
Communicate

In regards to AF447, that was all on the pilots. The pitot tube did freeze which disconnected the auto pilot and put the Airbus into alternate law. The most junior pilot was flying at that point and was already freaking because of the weather and he put the aircraft into a steep climb and later held the aircraft in a post stall attitude. The pitot tube started working again in plenty of time to fly the aircraft but the junior pilot stalled it into the water. There is a transcript several places to hear what happened.

In this case it appears the static port was not frozen. I don't know if these have GPS, I assume with a flight director they do, but with GPS they would have a general idea they have an instrument problem if the ground speed is 230kts and the wind speed is 20kts then they have at least 210kts airspeed.

JMHO.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

No, they use C, I converted it previously. And I no longer have the rest of the weather data handy.

Metars Data took all of five seconds to find though.
edit on 2/16/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: Woody510yep,

Absolutely. Woody510...and you F4guy up there ...I have a hundred questions for ya.//...and we need a periscope camera to see the blind spots.....I'm all about avionics and safety....like entering a landing pattern on a non-controlled airfield....so tricky to see and be seen for the general aviation bunch

Entering the pattern would be simple and safe if everyone would just follow the standard entry set out in the AIM. 45 degree entry to the appropriate downwind. The problem is just those people who think they are too important to follow the rules, and just fly a 15 mile straight in, or do some other non-standard pattern.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
An experienced crew, using the same data in the flight simulator, was able to assess the situation, disconnect the autopilot, and safely land the simulator.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

in line with the operating manual

Things that make you go Hhhhmmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

With the way crew coordination has reverted to the 70s lately, not really.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There was confusion in the cockpit just before the crash. The First Officer apparently put the aircraft into a dive while trying to figure out what was going on.

Commander of the aircraft (CA): Up! Thaaaat's right.
Co-pilot (CP): OK, OK.
CA: And you ...
CP: This is rubbish!
CA: I understand, you wanted it ... And you did on the contrary, down.
CP: Okay, okay, you'll talk later. I mean everything else. So, we control everything!
CA: Everything is fine.
CP: OK, the speed is normal.
AUTOINFORMATOR: Equalise speed! Equalise speed!
CP: Op-op-op ... 390!
CA: Why down?! Why are you going down? Why down ?! Where are you going?!
AUTOINFORMATOR: Equalise speed! Equalise speed!
VP: Enough! *** The speed is 200, ***!
CA: Altitude! Altitude! Altitude!
AUTOINFORMATOR: Terrain ahead! Terrain ahead! PULL UP! Terrain ahead!
CA: Up!
AUTOINFORMATOR: Terrain ahead! Terrain ahead! PULL UP! Terrain ahead!
CA: That's all, we are ***!

www.pravdareport.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That last line is a horrible that you basically know your life is over.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It was always said that you always knew when a combat pilot screwed up, as opposed to being hit by ground fire, because they'd always transmit some variation of "aww #".

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It appears that the crew failed to carry out the before take-off checklist. Under the carrier operations manual, the pitot heat item on the checklist is deferred to the before take-off checklist. The crew taxied onto the runway, and almost immediately received clearance. As they started to roll, the integrated information system indicated no heating on the three pitot-static systems. There was no take-off prohibition however.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sounds like they didnt even try to do things right..Just fly it..

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They're far from the first one lately to have done that.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
story

Another one down in Russia this time during landing the videos suggest everyone on board was very lucky this time.

edit on 1-9-2018 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Runway excursions tend to have most people survive. That's not damaged that badly from the excursion. It looks like the fire was from fuel that puddled behind the aircraft.
edit on 9/1/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That latest one.....fuel from the valve on the wingtip I wonder.....n

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The crew was rushing the departure because the flight was late. At takeoff, there were six warnings displayed, including three for pitot heat.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The captain put the aircraft into a dive, and the first officer attempted to pull the nose up. After the aircraft appears to have broken through the clouds, both pilots suddenly pulled back on the control column, exerting 4.8Gs on the aircraft.

www.flightglobal.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join