It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeLonge and To The Stars Incorporated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKatApologies if this was mentioned already, but TTSA seriously undermined it's credibility. The picture they used as proof of alien contact, what is known as the tic tac UFO, was actually a picture of a metallic party balloon. Whoever put that keystone picture up failed to do a simple bit of research to ensure that what they were presenting was the real deal and not a picture that was debunked as a hoax years ago.

They of course apologized, but seriously... all those sharp minds and such a rookie mistake? This kind of crap is why the UFO community will struggle for ages to gain any credibility.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The singer from Blink-182, (one of the more moronic and trite music acts of the last several decades) will not be the chosen one to reveal information about alien intelligence.

His name alone does incalculable amounts of damage to the UFO scene.

Does he (or should I say "they") really expect us to take him seriously?

This is misinformation and misdirection at its finest.

edit on 11-2-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
He claims it is , with zero proof of any of it..

As far as him being associated with these people (in Gov't) - (I haven't seen it myself) but I am assuming he is seen all over the place at events with these people. Isn't that proof that they are on his team, and that they, for whatever bizarre reason selected him as their "leader"?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939
a reply to: Shamrock6
a reply to: SoEpic

This is a response to those who suggest that To The Stars may be doing this as some sort of scheme to make money.

Really?!

Do you believe that these prominent and high level people from government, intelligence, research, and aerospace are conspiring with DeLonge to make a buck?

I might believe that this can be some sort of disinformation campaign and that DeLonge himself might be motivated by the money, but that's about it. There seems to be no question about all of these people, indeed, being involved, and that there is cooperation at some level with at least parts of the gov't.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: WarPig1939
a reply to: Shamrock6
a reply to: SoEpic

This is a response to those who suggest that To The Stars may be doing this as some sort of scheme to make money.

Really?!

Do you believe that these prominent and high level people from government, intelligence, research, and aerospace are conspiring with DeLonge to make a buck?

These people aren't working for government agencies anymore, they are all ex-employees, it makes one wonder if they were sacked and no longer have access to a company pension, and are purely out to gain a buck for there retirement or something.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You assume because he hasn’t released ANYTHING that backs up his claim..

I watched him on joe Rogan. Joe is a super easy interview. But he did ask direct questions and Deloge answered them all with VERY evasive answers..

If your being honest then first you establish your legit. Then ask for donations.

Deluge is asking people to donate then being evasive about any proof..

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

They no longer work for the government and there is a long list of people who have come out with crazy claims after losing their jobs..

Also a conspiracy theory viewpoint doesn’t stop you from being a professional.. those are separate fields. The dont intersect..

A master electrician might be horrible at biology..

If tptb wanted to tell the world something. They don’t go to a washed up rockstar..

They go to someone credible... like Neil Degrassee Tyson.. or Krause or some other celebrity scientist.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Most of these guys aren't working for "To the Stars" either according to the official offer documents.

What are they up to?
edit on 12/2/2018 by mirageman because: resized pic

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Why choose a "washed up rockstar" over a "celebrity scientist"? Because in the present media landscape , the reach of the rockstar still far exceeds the reach of the scientist. Peter Levenda (one of DeLonge's collaborators) writes in his "Sinister Forces" trilogy about the power of fame, and how celebrities are given demigod- type status in our society. TPTB are not trying to reach "budding scientists" with this operation, they are trying to reach the "average" person, the person who reads and clicks on whatever is offered to them on social media. People who bought Blink 182 albums, not people who hold subscriptions to scientific journals.

Here is an interesting example of the privileges of media fame: In the 2014 Olympic games, American snowboarder Shaun White did not earn a medal. None. Zip. And yet, (according to his wikipedia page) he was the MOST talked about athlete on Facebook. How did this happen? Because he is branded. Video games, movies. Multiple platforms. Millions of dollars in endorsements from multiple corporations. So now, in the 2018 Pyongchang Olympics, he's baaaack! There are multiple stories in the media today, about Shaun White's celebrity rockstar girlfriend, human interest stories about a thousand-dollar hamburger named after him in Korea, story after story, because he is a charming celebrity, not because he is "the best snowboarder". This is the type of "branding" that DeLonge was pitching to John Podesta in the infamous Wikileaks emails. DeLonge knows that "attention is power".

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not sure why that would would make a difference. Most of the existing billionaires of today are actively seeking to make even more money. Money and success is relative and never underestimate the drug like high of starting new commercial ventures.

Also perhaps making a buck in this venture is only to feed another one of their ventures.

Just saying, don't automatically dismiss the power to make more money. Plus you would be surprised how many 7 figure earners are in debt.

edit on 55228America/ChicagoMon, 12 Feb 2018 14:55:57 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey, why not accelerate something to close to or beyond the speed of light and see what happens...

Said no sane person ever.

Think about what would happen if you accelerated an object to that velocity, think about the potential energy it would be carrying, and then think about what would happen if it hit something.

I don't know if that would be a good idea at all...

I lie, I do know, it would be very bad.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Lol

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well whether they work for them or not (as in receive a paycheck under a W-2, they have all made a video together on their site with their mission statement.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Very true and so far ,along with a website, that video is the sum product of their achievements together.

The mission statement is :

To The Stars Academy strives to be a powerful vehicle for change by creating a consortium among science, aerospace and entertainment that will work collectively to allow gifted researchers the freedom to explore exotic science and technologies with the infrastructure and resources to rapidly transition them to products that can change the world

Extreme verbosity at it's most bombastic that says "..we are selling you something".

The cash raised is nowhere near enough to explore 'exotic technologies' with infrastructure and resources to rapidly transition them to products that can change the world. In fact read the offer document and see what it says if a minimum of $5m is not raised. The most it can raise is $50m which won't make you a competitor in this field. Surely the big boys of the Aerospace world are way ahead of this bunch with their vast resources?

.....Our public purpose, as stated in our Articles of Incorporation, is to produce a positive effect for society by engaging in scientific and engineering research and development, producing literary, music, film and media content, and engaging in entertainment-related activities intended to promote knowledge, stimulate discussion, raise awareness, and generate funds to support research, strategic partnerships, ventures, technology, education, charitable and other activities.

It's not hard to read between the lines. It seems to be one long splurge to produce a very intel/military friendly 'entertainment' franchise.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

It's not hard to read between the lines. It seems to be one long splurge to produce a very intel/military friendly 'entertainment' franchise.

That's what I was thinking, a UFOtainment franchise with this group of people running it, is like some kind of bad sci-fi conspiracy B-movie. Look at all the hype that was created around the MJ12 documents, Skinwalker Ranch and Serpo. Were these merely a trail run for something even bigger to sucker punch us with? Why are some of these people biologists when they claim they want to develop a technology from there research of UFOs? There's just so many unanswered and strange questions as to what To The Stars is really doing.

edit on 13-2-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

I don't think using a 2 time Olympic gold medalist and the person that holds the record for most gold medals at the xgames is a good example. He's far from just a charming celebrity.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackDog
I wasn’t trying to call into question White’s abilities as an athlete, he is obviously amazing, he’ll probably win a medal in the half pipe event tonight! I was making a point about the power of branding. White is the most branded athlete at the Olympics. “Being branded” was the main thrust of DeLonge’s emails to Podesta. Corporate branding gives an individual a type of armor and weaponry that is helpful for putting forth any type of message.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It is one of two things:

Disinfo campaign with an agenda.

Or what they actually say - a sort of slow acclimation to UFO phenomena.

I think there are too many strange anomalous things to these ‘leaks’ and campaigns to say that it is a straight-forward altruistic slow disclosure.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nowanmai

Soo.. To add to the others, who are saying this is Bull....
From Your linked about page - what's the first image when You scroll down and what does it say?
"From the imagination of Tom DeLonge"
'Nuff said.

Thank you! Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned 'till now.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The people on his team are washed up professionals .. not leader of their Fields, experts, exc..

They are not people “risking it all to get this info public..”

They are people who need a paycheck, or devout conspiracy theorists..

If the heads of GE’s , Sony’s and Boeing’s engineering department quit to go work with delouge . We got something..

But he has a couple retired engineers and government contractors..

Not people with something to lose.. people who are only gonna gain..

Watch.. this was already months
Ago and nothing..

Next year it will be the same and the next year the same..

Delouge is using stoner logic and claimes they won’t even tell him stuff..

PLUS and most importantly maybe.. he was claiming other people’s research like it was his team..

He didn’t flat out lie and say they were doing those experiments..

The just started talking about other people’s research in a rant when asked what his group was doing..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join