It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streaming revenue and the people who pay to play

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've recently found that my new addiction is watching game streaming...lost a lot of sleep to it too

Some i love and subscribe and watch religiously, others do my head in and i can't watch more than a few seconds of it (SSniperwolf for example)

I watch different gamers for different reasons. Some i watch because they make make me laugh, others i enjoy because they might be playing through a game for the first time and are learning fresh with no prior knowledge......pretty much like me as a recent returner to gaming.

I find the whole donating thing interesting. Many criticize the female gamers that get a lot of subscribers and donations, but the way i see it, men do it too but they don't get the grief. Do people donate more to good looking females? Maybe. I don't think i would....but if i ever donated it would be because i enjoy it that much....just like going out for the evening to an event i'd pay for.

Whether you love it or hate it, it's a good way of making some money doing what you enjoy......when you get enough subscribers.

Here's a couple of my regular watches.

Jacksepticeye....he just makes me laugh and i like the Irish accent...plus he comes across as a realy nice guy in this interview on The Late Show in Ireland. Nice to see mainstream tv having guests that aren't the norm.....

Not as well known, but i enjoy her streams, a lady from Canada, Megan-yeah....her excitement and newness to new games i find very much like my own. She always has a new beer to try out too (keen interest in it by the looks of it), has a cool cat too.....an animal in your live stream is never a bad thing....plus she doesn't tolerate or even entertain pervs in the chat so she can concentrate on the game. Refreshing.

So many to watch though on YouTube and other streaming sites....would be interesting to see peoples faves.

CX.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Lately the only two things that currently I watch on Twitch is the Rifftrax/MST3k and classic Buzz gameshows.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
DrDisrespect is my fav. Gets into character like no other. Real entertainer.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have to admit over the last few months I've warmed up to the idea and Dr disrespect had a lot to do with it.

KKRAFTY! Those guys over there fighting.....I want them dead!!!

Or his little fortnite tower had me rolling "hay look...I'm up here"
a reply to: Jungian

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join