It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mothman - from MASON County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I revisited this story recently... right after I had noticed we crossed the 50 year anniversary of the Silver Bridge collapsing.

On December 15, 1967, the Silver Bridge collapsed while it was full of rush-hour traffic, resulting in the deaths of 46 people. Two of the victims were never found. Investigation of the wreckage pointed to the cause of the collapse being the failure of a single eyebar in a suspension chain, due to a small defect 0.1 inches (2.5 mm) deep. Analysis showed that the bridge was carrying much heavier loads than it had originally been designed for and had been poorly maintained.

The collapsed bridge was replaced by the Silver Memorial Bridge, which was completed in 1969.

The main reason for revisiting this story was similarities of the demons portrayed in Justice League... which ironically was recently released around the 50 year anniversary after the mothman events.

I will be researching this story a little more going forward... and will formulate a few of my own theories.

as for now, I"m curious to read other ATS theories on this subject.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

Reminds me of the character in Ant Man.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I don't have a theory on it but do think it is fascinating. Visited Point Pleasant a few years ago and went to the Mothman museum.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Has anyone ever sighted caterpillar boy? He would come before moth man.
a reply to: DD2029

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The mothman story has always creeped me out, I looked into it after watching the Richard Gear(?) movie I looked into it but stopped myself, I literally creeped myself out to the point I didnt want to read anymore.

The same question always entered my mind....Why did he leave/disapear and when will he return

new topics

top topics

join