It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stacking Knowledge and Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It is the Year of Shared Providence 2217, just nearly 200 years after they had descended from the stars and bestowed upon mankind the technology to "stack knowledge". Without encumbrance, the body absorbs any amount of knowledge and experience that it's Provider loads, and the operation is known as Stacking. Children are born and then immediately the procedure is done, installing years of knowledge and experience into a new child.

For generations now, and for what seems like an entirely different planet ago, we have benefited from this knowledge stacking. No longer must a child be reared for two decades, as it knows immediately lessons which took our Golden Predecessors years to learn. But, you already know this, don't you? Please forgive me, it's only my first birthday.

----------------------------------------------------------

This short story provides an example into a question I would like to pose you, ATS. If there existed a technology which allowed a human to immediately learn years of accumulated knowledge, would you partake in it? I feel the day may come when the installation of memories or some amount of implanted experience might be possible.

I believe that day is almost an inevitability.

So, how about it, ATS? Would you shoot your kid up with 40 years of a man's learned knowledge? Would you take the knowledge hit yourself? Do you have any experience or knowledge about implanting thoughts or experience?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Of course not.

You are not referencing just encyclopedic knowledge of facts and data but actual memories, biases, and someone else's experiences and beliefs of the "source data"

Sounds like a perfect Progressive Utopia indeed. Why not program babies from birth with what you want them to believe?
edit on 11-2-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

This short story provides an example into a question I would like to pose you, ATS. If there existed a technology which allowed a human to immediately learn years of accumulated knowledge, would you partake in it? I feel the day may come when the installation of memories or some amount of implanted experience might be possible.

It depends.
Will it would be based on Windows or Mac OP?
edit on 11-2-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Unless you’re also changing the human brain and its development a baby’s brain is not developed enough to receive the upload.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

Unless you’re also changing the human brain and its development a baby’s brain is not developed enough to receive the upload.

Yes, I think there is truth to this. But who says that neural pathways can't be artificially crystallized?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That was the case with Adam and Eve, they just downloaded to much information from the "forbidden fruit". And look where we are because of that.

To know is good but you need guidance.

new topics

top topics

join