It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY Way To Fix America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: enlightenedservant

ALL is referring to all of the corrupt people, specifically in the FISA abuse case. the ALL is in caps because it needs to happen all at once. Sorry if that caused confusion

you have no idea what your talking about, that's not how America rolls, republicans and democrats bicker all the time about how to improve things....but, we don't go after the very foundations that made this country great for the last 250 years....just because you're trying to institute a civil war in America, doesn't mean we'll fall for that s**t

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Dfairlite

You cannot just fire people because "you think". I am not American, so am merely making observations.

The executive branch head is the POTUS. Executives can fire without cause people reporting to them. These are not protected positions until you get well below a Comey level. These are considered appointed positions.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Not just presidents.

I can fire any of my employees for any reason that does not violate the law (like racism, sexism, etc). If the cause is not sufficient the state will issue payment for unemployment compensation, and then adjust my SUI (state unemployment insurance) cost accordingly. Thus, it is in my best interest to fully document several events while trying to coach the employee into compliance, so the UI court will see the termination having cause.

That aside, I am still legally entitled to terminate any employee for any reason. If they have civil discourse, that would need to be tried. I live in an "at will" or "right to work" state, so the laws here won't match union states.
edit on 2/11/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TreetopControl
a reply to: Justoneman

JustOneMan... I think you should be comforted by the recent efforts of Patriots like the Hon. Sen Grassley over the past few weeks. We've got the best and brightest people choreographing the unveiling of exactly what has happened in bite size pieces that the American people will understand. Trust me... LOL

I think so too.

Mark Levine, a true Constitutional believer and scholar has all the points of possible crimes well covered on his web site. It is looking like something has to be done to prevent DJT's and R's from doing this to the opposition Libertarian party who I hope will surge now.

ETA

The Dem's are toast..... I suspect the POTUS will be a Libertarian next time.
edit on 11-2-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Term limits

One four year term for both the senate and congress. You only accrue 4 years worth of a pension/401k. Tale out all corporate/lobbyist monies and influences. To me this would be a good start. We would filter the swamp as a opposed to draining it.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

3. legally "wrong" (aka illegal) but ethically "right", or
Who's correct?

and who decides the ethical part? Those who feel removing Trump by Any Means Necessary is OK?

Let the laws decide.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Yes, for elected representatives that would work. But the globalists have infiltrated the bureaucracy. They're unelected.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

We're already in a cold civil war, wake up. You're either on the side of the corrupt globalists or the side of the people.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

If you broke the law, you go to prison, especially as a politician or bureaucrat. That's how it should be.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

"MAGA" and "drain the swamp" are catchphrases created for the faithful to repeat ad infinitum without having any basis in reality , Trump is not draining the swamp he's just replacing opposing swamp creatures with his own swamp creatures while the faithful are too busy repeating the mantra to realise it , he is not Making America Great Again he is alienating it from the rest of the right thinking world.

It's an easy and planned fix to blame the media , any adverse publicity is easily dismissed as "fake news" now the phrase has been implanted into the minds of his follower thus circumventing any real scrutiny by the press.You know you're in trouble when Murdoch's Fox News is seen as a reliable news source and outlets with a history of investigative journalism are dismissed as fake news.

At this point and from an outside perspective I think America is broken but the damage is not irreparable , but if Trump's divide and conquer tactics continue the damage may be too great to repair , the real problem is that if evidence is found against the President it will be seen as just a plot to unseat him and dismissed as such.

America can only be fixed through a shock and awe strategy

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The only way to fix America is by making lobbying of any politician, including candidates for political office, illegal. The only way to do that is by draining the swamp of the creatures that take lobbyist money.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

The only way to fix America is by making lobbying of any politician, including candidates for political office, illegal. The only way to do that is by draining the swamp of the creatures that take lobbyist money.

President Trump promised to “drain the swamp” when he got to Washington. And yet, his appointments have included not just former lobbyists, but dozens of lobbyists whose governmental responsibilities fall into the same specific issue areas that they lobbied within the last two years -- an apparent violation of Trump’s own executive order on ethics. Public Citizen has identified 37 recent hires with lobbying conflicts stemming from activity within the last two years, and only four of them have received ethics waivers.
www.citizen.org...

Draining the swamp.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Trump supporters would support martial law, all the while, whining about "Marxist lefties who want bigger government, more laws, less freedoms."

Because Martial Law = small government, less laws, more freedoms in the eyes of a Trump supporter.

Back in la-la land we go.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The American voter can purge or drain the swamp. Problem is, they keep voting career politicians in office year after year or they're so party blind they''re afraid to give opposing party candidates or 3rd party candidates a chance. It's not like Trump has any authority to kick these representatives out of office!

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Nuc it from orbit!
well it would make the rest of the world safe!

Just like ROMA it Will fall...

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I wrote this in another thread but I feel it's appropriate here also. . . . . . .

How long have our "leaders" weaponized their departments against political opponents?

I'd say this has been going on since the 1700's.

We seen to have an "ideal" concept of how government is operated. But the truth is far from the "ideal".

We elect weak, egotistical, narcissistic, failed humans to be our leaders. We give them unlimited power and money. And expect them to act like angels.

What Hillary and Obama did was wrong, illegal, corrupt, weak, low, pathetic, slimy, disgusting.

But that's how it's done.

end/

I don't think we'll ever get rid of corruption in politics because politics is corruption.

I honestly am beginning to think that politics is synonymous with corruption.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The thing is I absolutely agree with how corrupt politicians are.

I just don't understand why anybody thinks a corrupt billionaire businessman who is part of the same system is going to do anything to fix that corruption.

I tend to agree with you. What you might do is find a couple of scapegoats to make it look like you are "draining the swamp".

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think we'll ever get rid of corruption in politics because politics is corruption.
I honestly am beginning to think that politics is synonymous with corruption

Wherever there is money there is corruption it's across the board not just politics , the only governing factor is the more money there is the bigger the corruption.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Power corrupts, absolute power . . . . . .

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i just can't get enough of this deep fantasy some of y'all have where trump is some kind of savior of america, trying to do good.

did he seem like such a good-hearted guy, concerned with justice, when he was running fake university scams to take money from poor people? or when he was refusing to pay his contractors? or when he was cheating on his first wife? or his second wife? or his third wife?

yea and jesus said to them, grab them by the pussy. when you're famous you can do whatever you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join