It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW!! ATS Store Idea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Alright, I'm not really sure if this is a new idea or not, I'm sure someone might have come up with it already, and the admin found a reason not to do it, but I'm going to bring it up just in case I'm the first. Why not offer "spell-check". I know I'm not the only one that has problems reading some members posts. I'm not making fun of anyone whose first language isn't English, because it's totally understandable, but there are some people that I suspect that English is their first language, but they're either bad spellers or too lazy to correct themselves. I'm not trying to be a spelling nazi, I just think it'll be a little easier on the eyes and time efficient.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i think the reason we do not have this is because it takes up too much space on the server and it could slow it down...

i mean, how much space do you think it would take up to hold EVERY word in the english language

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would go "Topic Check" over "Spell Check"...

Topic Check: Embarrassed by reposting a popular topic and having a parade of unsympathetic ATSers come by and tell you it's all been done before? Use Topic Check - the new hyper-search facility, that works, where Google and Boolean wizards never made the grade.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, the Freeranging Auto Redundant Post/Link Eraser (FARPLE), which instantaneously wipes out elements of your post that are no longer required when a fellow member clicks "Post Reply" a few seconds before you do.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry, cmdrkeenkid, this post has undergone FARPLE! Thank you, try again.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I do enjoy MA's posts. Yes indeed I do.

new topics

top topics

join