It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have any rights in regards to space.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If I had the money. Would I have the right to send things in space like spacex just did? Would I be allowed to build my personal space station and go on holidays in space? Would I need authorization from my country to leave its airspace ?

Also dont you guys think some sort of planetary referendum should be made when people send things in outer space that could be intercepted by eventual alien civilization? I Have the Sagan gold disc thingy in mind but a flying tesla roaster is also a stupid idea imho.

P.s i imagined a crazy story for a short story, it involved a real dead body inside the starman suit.

Discuss

Edit: oh well...just found out someone already got my dead body Idea

In a popular post on the Shower Thoughts subreddit, user ‘halo3kings’ suggested that Musk got away with the perfect murder by sending a body to Mars. Musk said the spacesuit didn’t contain any sensors, which is kinda fishy—wouldn’t you want to get some data about how the suit performs in the empty vacuum of space

www.google.ca...
edit on 112018Saturdaypm228Sat, 10 Feb 2018 23:33:13 -0600America/Chicagov33 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You have the rights to put a space between your words you type or write. I don't think we would be allowed to do what Musk is doing.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Lol...ya figured that we probably would not have so much freedom.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

If you want to launch from the US, you have to file for a permit from the FAA and file a flight plan. Other than that and maybe a few other documents. There is not much to it. They may come and make sure your slingshot is working properly. They may even give you some advice. When are you going?
edit on 10-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

About the only thing you need (besides the money, materials and know-how) to launch something into space with a rocket, will be flight clearance. Mostly to avoid colliding with any other flying object, or flying over restricted areas.

Air space has an upper limit. Can't remember what it is in the US, but I'm sure someone will chime in one that. Once you go above it, you're no longer in a country's air space.

Once in space: you can pretty much do what ever you please. Who's going to stop you?

As for needing permission to leave: here in the US you don't need permission. As part of the 1948 UN Human Rights Charter that the US signed, the US can't keep you in this country. You could buy a boat, jump on it and sail away without a passport if you want.

The reason you need a passport to fly to another country is: that country is going to require you to have a passport to enter their country. So as a rule, airlines try to make sure you have one before you get on their planes.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

As soon as possible. R. Daneel Olivaw is waiting for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don’t know who that is but I call shotgun

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

From Isaac Asimov books. He's a robot, featured a many of Asimov's books.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I thought the idea was from Heavy Metal.

(The animated 80s movie based on the sci-fi comic magazine)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If you mean outerspace, then yes, you have all the rights you want if you can make it to outer space on your own.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Do I have any rights in regards to space.

You have the right to remain silent.

Get it? No one can hear you in space. There is no medium for sound to travel. Without an atmosphere...ahhh you get it.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Doesnt anyone remember how Musk got started ? I do.
Hint : a contest in the late 90s

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

P.s i imagined a crazy story for a short story, it involved a real dead body inside the starman suit.

The perfect murder !
Where's Columbo when you need him.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: rickymouse

Lol...ya figured that we probably would not have so much freedom.

Hey, if you have enough money to donate high amounts to campaign contributions, you can get permission to send rockets into space. A few other bribes might help too, greasing the palms of politically connected people is always good.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
If I had the money. Would I have the right to send things in space like spacex just did?

You can send anything up into space, provided you don't bring anything back down.

So, you need permission to go for a holiday in space, and return to earth.

That's because we don't know what you might bring back with you, from outer space, that could change things here on earth for all of us.

For example, you go up there, and take some earth's bacteria with you.

These bacteria then transform in the weightless environment into another form, that is detrimental to human health.

When you come back to earth, you bring these altered bacteria back down, and infect everyone you meet, spreading a new and unknown disease among the population, that wipes us out.

edit on 11-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

originally posted by: AMPTAH
For example, you go up there, and take some earth's bacteria with you.

These bacteria then transform in the weightless environment into another form, that is detrimental to human health.

edit on 11-2-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

There is a treaty that does not allow any one nation to make territorial claims in space, including moons and planets. Maritime law would apply which is to say, if you are American, you would be subject to US laws.
edit on 13-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Astronaut Farmer comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
you "can I put a satellite in this orbit?"
NASA "NO! you see to much space debris."

NASA even lays claim to land on the moon around the landings.
um dont you have to liver thire for a year or more?
not just land for 2 days?

the first human to land on the moon or mars can claim a lot of land.
if they stay.
but um! accidents hapen...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
you "can I put a satellite in this orbit?"
NASA "NO! you see to much space debris."

When has NASA ever, EVER said anything like that? Never, nor could they. The United States is only one of 11 countries capable of launching satellites into orbit, and NASA is only one of several organizations within the United States capable of launching satellites. They have no authority to regulate the use of Earth orbit. The only thing they have a say in is who uses their (limited) facilities and how.

NASA even lays claim to land on the moon around the landings.

Completely wrong. They claimed nothing. They publicly ASKED that no one make a low-altitude powered flight over, or land too near the first and last Apollo sites in order to preserve them for historical and scientific studies. The guidelines they published have no force of law, and the other four Apollo sites are fair game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join