It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that an advanced civilisation existed. Case closed.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

Here's a bit of interest, machine tools would be no problem for the ancients, this guy made a functioning lathe from concrete, they would no doubt have used stone

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: blackcrowe
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Not for me. Just lots of very skilled humans.

Yeah, like todays population.

Get 1000 people to drop facebook or twitter for 2 hrs let alone stop farming and pound some rocks.

They didn't have f/book then. Or any other distractions. That's a weak attempt.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: jimmyx
I've always wondered why these "how the pyramids were built" people never contemplated using oxen, elephants, horses....they all show in their "recreations" scores or hundreds of human slaves pulling these stones on ramps

Quackademia has been around for a long time.

Aren't we, 4000 yrs later still insisting that's how it was done?

Scientists don't allow themselves to make things up, that's why the idea of using animals isn't dominant.
The AE's left artwork showing how they hauled heavy stone materials, and no animals are shown in the art doing this job.

Obviously, that doesn't meaan they didn't use animals. But science deals with the evidence, and the evidence shows otherwise.

Harte

Yeah, 40 stories worth with a plumb bob, a stick and a square.

What seems so impossible about that?

Harte

Oh, I don't know, maybe they didn't need surveyors or any planning, architects or logistics or the ancient equivalent.

Maybe they tweeted to the population using real birds, what needed to be done first and when.

Hand level a couple hundred acres of rock. Maybe dragging 100 ton rocks back and forth to smooth it out.

Be my guest and go for it. Slap one together on the fly.

I'll give you 25 yrs or so.

It's a limestone bed. It would be pounded flat (enough,) not ground.

They leveled the thing about every 10th layer up or so.

The majority of the volume is a mortared-together mound of various sizes and shapes of stone, not a precision laid line of masonry.

Harte

Every 10th layer?

Was it instinctive?

How'd they know which layer?

So a bunch of "drunks for Kufu" pounded 100 acres flat?

That's more beer than I could drink.

ETA; thought they didn't use mortar? Wouldn't that crumble under the weight? In like 5 seconds?

You do know what "plateau" means, right?

And the mortar is still there.

Harte

Flat place. Relatively.

Why is the mortar still there?

What's it made of to last 5000 yrs?

I know that plateau was MADE.

The AE didn't use much mortar, according to mainstream science.

The Romans did tho. How did you guys find the mortar? Lift up the GP?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: blackcrowe

Here's a bit of interest, machine tools would be no problem for the ancients, this guy made a functioning lathe from concrete, they would no doubt have used stone

I still see some metal.

Steel production?

This is just for bronze and copper.

edit on 2 12 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

If they knew how to make moving parts out of steel then they could have just made the whole lathe out of metal, I think? Doesn't really matter if concrete works or not, it's not like this dude built the whole lathe out of rocks and dinosaur bones like some sort of Fred Flintstone.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

If they knew how to make moving parts out of steel then they could have just made the whole lathe out of metal, I think? Doesn't really matter if concrete works or not, it's not like this dude built the whole lathe out of rocks and dinosaur bones like some sort of Fred Flintstone.

Have to have a lathe to make the metal rods, right?

Or smooth and polish steel by hand coz no one had nothing better to do.

lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The answer to one question only is conclusive.

Can the great pyramid be duplicated today? If not then it rewrites history. Period

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yes what came first the chicken or the egg.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

True but most of the lathe is bulk, the necessary bits are in the bulk, which can be taken out for transporting, all the metal bits could easily be bronze, once you have the headstock , and tool post working you can make the rest if your clever enough.
This guy annoys me a bit but now and again he seems to be on the right track with regards to machines that have been misidentified as sculptures or whatever.

edit on 12-2-2018 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
We still can't duplicate this technology today. That is the most interesting part of this to me. So it sounds like something the Pharaohs found and some of the structures they at least decorated. Some of them appear to be some kind of otherworldly/other dimension type of depiction. With giant light bulbs in one depiction in the Great Pyramid buildings near Cairo Egypt and at Abe-dos the depictions of flying crafts and even a submarine are found in King Tut's tomb.

You should look into the claims you have misstated.
In fact, you can find your answers right here at ATS.

Harte

Circular argument.

That's the way it is. So it is that.

Whether the original cartouches got shaken and just the right stuff fell off to show a Trident sub, sikorsky heavy lift , and T-1 is pretty coincidental. Ya think?

Maybe the whole thing is a time travel hoax by teenagers from the 24th cen?

So you opted not to try.
Figures.
Perhaps Justoneman, you know, the person I was talking to, will decide otherwise.

At least maybe he can find that these things are not in Tut's tomb.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

The answer to one question only is conclusive.

Can the great pyramid be duplicated today? If not then it rewrites history. Period

I don't think it could be exactly replicated. Not even close. Even without unions.

I think people forget it's 40 friggin story's high.

With just human power and beer money.

Good luck wit dat.

Maybe Budweiser could pull it off?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Cutepants

True but most of the lathe is bulk, the necessary bits are in the bulk, which can be taken out for transporting, all the metal bits could easily be bronze, once you have the headstock , and tool post working you can make the rest if your clever enough.
This guy annoys me a bit but now and again he seems to be on the right track with regards to machines that have been misidentified as sculptures or whatever.

Bronze is not very hard/strong.

It's a step up from copper.

It couldn't take the torque and stress of a lathe.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

We still can't duplicate this technology today. That is the most interesting part of this to me. So it sounds like something the Pharaohs found and some of the structures they at least decorated. Some of them appear to be some kind of otherworldly/other dimension type of depiction. With giant light bulbs in one depiction in the Great Pyramid buildings near Cairo Egypt and at Abe-dos the depictions of flying crafts and even a submarine are found in King Tut's tomb.

Harte

Circular argument.

Whether the original cartouches got shaken and just the right stuff fell off to show a Trident sub, sikorsky heavy lift , and T-1 is pretty coincidental. Ya think?

So you opted not to try.
Figures.
Perhaps Justoneman, you know, the person I was talking to, will decide otherwise.

Harte

So are the pics true or not?

No matter the poster got the location wrong. Common mistake.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Makes good bearings. Brass on brass doesn't wear. Electric motors have brass bushes for bearings. I think some interesting stuff could be made of it, steam engine etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Believe whatever you want, but understand that wooden spears from over 300,000 years ago have been found, so that sort of puts your comments in their place.

Not at all. I dont see why you dont see past the illogical thoughts of your own rational. Dinosaur fossils have also been found, but we dont go ahead and then say because we found fossils, then we should then find them all over the place all the time. We both know it's very rare to find things that havnt gone back into the ground after thousands of years, because when we do find them, we dont then expect those things to still imply the rest of the groupings they belonged to are still intact.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Give our ancestors more credit!

CASE NOT CLOSED BY A LONG SHOT.

There is a simple explanation for this. Probably a solvent or chemical reaction we haven't yet discovered.
Just look at the movement of pyramid blocks. Someone figured that out already with the use of canals. Again, simple.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Harte

Circular argument.

So you opted not to try.
Figures.

Harte

So are the pics true or not?

No matter the poster got the location wrong. Common mistake.

The "pics" are true depictions of what's called the "Nebty Name" for Rameses II and Seti I, his father. Seti's name was under his son's and was plastered over.
The Nebty name (aka the Two ladies name) is part of the five-fold royal titulary, the rest of which runs along the same lintel.
Like I said, this information is available in several places right here at ATS.

Can't post the pics myself, as I use an adblocker these days that ATS doesn't like, so they limit me while it's on. But I've posted them before and it's conclusive.

The "lightbulbs" are explained on the wall of the same storage room where you find them in Dendera. The figures date to the Ptolemaic period when Greek kings ruled Egypt. There is actually a depiction of Cleopatra at the same temple.
So, not actually "ancient," in the timeline of Egypt.

Harte
edit on 2/13/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18

Believe whatever you want, but understand that wooden spears from over 300,000 years ago have been found, so that sort of puts your comments in their place.

Not at all. I dont see why you dont see past the illogical thoughts of your own rational. Dinosaur fossils have also been found, but we dont go ahead and then say because we found fossils, then we should then find them all over the place all the time. We both know it's very rare to find things that havnt gone back into the ground after thousands of years, because when we do find them, we dont then expect those things to still imply the rest of the groupings they belonged to are still intact.

Spears are the remains of technology (which was the subject, remember,) and they weren't fossilized.
That you don't see the difference is telling.
Perhaps you should avoid characterizing others' logic until you get some of your own.

Harte

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Not for me. Just lots of very skilled humans.

Yeah, like todays population.

Get 1000 people to drop facebook or twitter for 2 hrs let alone stop farming and pound some rocks.

They didn't have f/book then. Or any other distractions. That's a weak attempt.

So they had nothing to do?

Walking around with their head hanging down, tell me where is she?

Talk about weak..lol

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Makes good bearings. Brass on brass doesn't wear. Electric motors have brass bushes for bearings. I think some interesting stuff could be made of it, steam engine etc.

Steampunk!

My new glasses frames are brass.

Still, metallurgy is not an amature sport.

Need to know wtf you are doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join