It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that an advanced civilisation existed. Case closed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackcrowe
a reply to: HorizonFall

I'm not a scientist. But, science apparently only relies on evidence.

Then there is the "god of the gaps" which they fill in with the paradigm of the time.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Not for me. Just lots of very skilled humans.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

lol. sure.

That vid has been debunked.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I believe the US has destroyed evidence of artifacts concerning history if it keeps ideas out of the official, allowed discussion.

Sort of a "Silence of the Lambs" sort of thing?
Then there was the example from the early 1930's..
The public had little information about King Tutt's tomb prior to 1922 unless you consider artistic examples like those of Botticelli.
Anybody working for the Illuminati would sign a non disclosure form, and who else would need the information?
Something similar probably happened at the library at Alexandria in 415.

edit on 12-2-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: Harte

a reply to: fromtheskydown

The onus is on the one who posted the thread to provide evidence.

They can't. And never will.

There is no evidence in any of those vids. Just wild claims.

The evidence is the saw marks themselves. The idea is to get this behind us because it itself it physical evidence that they used some kind of saw, it is really undeniable. The focus should be totally on the nature of those machines, what were they made from, what powered them and who used them.

Squabbling about the fact that they are, or are not, some kind of automated cutting technology is akin to a baby crying because it dropped it's rattle.

However, we know the AEs actually DID use saws to cut stone, when it was called for. They left drawings of them doing it. In fact, such cuts have been demonstrated in modern times with sand abrasives and copper blades.
Does it explain EVERY cut? Probably not. But it explains almost every cut, and pretty much all the cuts the fringe salivate over.

Harte

The inside 90 degree angle cuts, the huge surfaces and also the core lines that show the speed and force of a bit we cannot even achieve today --- those are the biggies. Copper and Quartz did not do this. I had always suspected that they used glue covered chorded line with impregnated hards (quartz, diamond?) and big wheels. Trouble is some of these cuts could never be done like that.

Comes from listening to Christopher Dunn.

The whole rapid plunge thing is completely bogus. It only proves that Dunn can wrap a thread around a stone core.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I can take the heat, but when you have a structure that's just about anything created. Their are forensic marks, in this case we are talking about the tool marks used to shape it. In our present understanding, not only the cut marks can be worked out but the pressure used. Even if a structure gets the tool marks polished out, you can still see the last high grade grit marks that were used. In the polygonal walls their are no tool marks, by our present understanding their are only two ways to do this ,by means this means by molding or laser cutting.
Their are pillars in India which do have the tool marks on them, which means they were turned on a lathe, where are the lathes, probably stone lathes, which means they are still around ,before anyone says you cant have a stone lathes, the Germans used concrete lathes to produce shells, which could be put together in twenty four hours. l, the gearing as well, all removable, check out the differential gears in the Cairo museum.
If you have followed this, thread, and observed, and have even looked at the Antikythera mechanism, you can see history isn't a warm fuzzy progression, it requires a set of circumstances, which only need a hundred years to go from a horse and cart to an aero plane. What the naysayers are suggesting that in the hundreds of thousands of years of human history those set of circumstances haven't occurred before because we are SPECIAL.

The thing is, these stone lathes are known.
No one is hiding that info.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: Justoneman

I believe the US has destroyed evidence of artifacts concerning history if it keeps ideas out of the official, allowed discussion.

Sort of a "Silence of the Lambs" sort of thing?
Then there was the example from the early 1930's..
Anybody working for the Illuminati would sign a non disclosure form, and who else would need the information?

Sure! reputations and money and prestige are on the line.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Harte

Most of the evidence pre dates the AE's they were already the survivors picking up the pieces.

What evidence predates the AEs?

Please enlighten me.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The onus is on the one who posted the thread to provide evidence.

They can't. And never will.

There is no evidence in any of those vids. Just wild claims.

The evidence is the saw marks themselves. The idea is to get this behind us because it itself it physical evidence that they used some kind of saw, it is really undeniable. The focus should be totally on the nature of those machines, what were they made from, what powered them and who used them.

Squabbling about the fact that they are, or are not, some kind of automated cutting technology is akin to a baby crying because it dropped it's rattle.

However, we know the AEs actually DID use saws to cut stone, when it was called for. They left drawings of them doing it. In fact, such cuts have been demonstrated in modern times with sand abrasives and copper blades.
Does it explain EVERY cut? Probably not. But it explains almost every cut, and pretty much all the cuts the fringe salivate over.

Harte

The inside 90 degree angle cuts, the huge surfaces and also the core lines that show the speed and force of a bit we cannot even achieve today --- those are the biggies. Copper and Quartz did not do this. I had always suspected that they used glue covered chorded line with impregnated hards (quartz, diamond?) and big wheels. Trouble is some of these cuts could never be done like that.

They couldn't be cut like that, in situ, they had to have been hand cut with diamond strings and then placed.

lol!! No problem there.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: jimmyx
I've always wondered why these "how the pyramids were built" people never contemplated using oxen, elephants, horses....they all show in their "recreations" scores or hundreds of human slaves pulling these stones on ramps

Quackademia has been around for a long time.

Aren't we, 4000 yrs later still insisting that's how it was done?

Scientists don't allow themselves to make things up, that's why the idea of using animals isn't dominant.
The AE's left artwork showing how they hauled heavy stone materials, and no animals are shown in the art doing this job.

Obviously, that doesn't meaan they didn't use animals. But science deals with the evidence, and the evidence shows otherwise.

Harte

Yeah, 40 stories worth with a plumb bob, a stick and a square.

What seems so impossible about that?

Harte

Oh, I don't know, maybe they didn't need surveyors or any planning, architects or logistics or the ancient equivalent.

Maybe they tweeted to the population using real birds, what needed to be done first and when.

Hand level a couple hundred acres of rock. Maybe dragging 100 ton rocks back and forth to smooth it out.

Be my guest and go for it. Slap one together on the fly.

I'll give you 25 yrs or so.

It's a limestone bed. It would be pounded flat (enough,) not ground.

They leveled the thing about every 10th layer up or so.

The majority of the volume is a mortared-together mound of various sizes and shapes of stone, not a precision laid line of masonry.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Not for me. Just lots of very skilled humans.

Yeah, like todays population.

Get 1000 people to drop facebook or twitter for 2 hrs let alone stop farming and pound some rocks.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
a reply to: badw0lf

Funny... you left your comment barely ten minutes after the OP was made yet the video is 40 minutes long. Clearly you didn't take the time to thoroughly vet the information before offering your empty opinion...

Well, DUH.
He said as much in his post.

How many stupid things does one have to hear before it's okay to think the video is stupid?

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I've always wondered why these "how the pyramids were built" people never contemplated using oxen, elephants, horses....they all show in their "recreations" scores or hundreds of human slaves pulling these stones on ramps

Scientists don't allow themselves to make things up, that's why the idea of using animals isn't dominant.
The AE's left artwork showing how they hauled heavy stone materials, and no animals are shown in the art doing this job.

Obviously, that doesn't meaan they didn't use animals. But science deals with the evidence, and the evidence shows otherwise.

Harte

Harte

Oh, I don't know, maybe they didn't need surveyors or any planning, architects or logistics or the ancient equivalent.

Maybe they tweeted to the population using real birds, what needed to be done first and when.

Hand level a couple hundred acres of rock. Maybe dragging 100 ton rocks back and forth to smooth it out.

The majority of the volume is a mortared-together mound of various sizes and shapes of stone, not a precision laid line of masonry.

Harte

Every 10th layer?

Was it instinctive?

How'd they know which layer?

So a bunch of "drunks for Kufu" pounded 100 acres flat?

That's more beer than I could drink.

ETA; thought they didn't use mortar? Wouldn't that crumble under the weight? In like 5 seconds?

edit on 2 12 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Harte

I think the Al Gore 'scientist' types have tidied a good bit of funds on his favorite profit making thing. I would say if you do or not believe that is not important. It is if someone offered me the like 100 mil to do something I would consider it long and hard and hope I still keep my science being about the truth. We all know some people will take the money and run too.

Sure.
Problem is, there's no money in Egyptology.
If any legitimate scientist were to find something verifiably groundbreaking he's set up for life at likely 10 times what he was making.
So the economic pressure actually works in the other direction.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

edit on 2/12/2018 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Harte

I think the Al Gore 'scientist' types have tidied a good bit of funds on his favorite profit making thing. I would say if you do or not believe that is not important. It is if someone offered me the like 100 mil to do something I would consider it long and hard and hope I still keep my science being about the truth. We all know some people will take the money and run too.

Sure.
Problem is, there's no money in Egyptology.
If any legitimate scientist were to find something verifiably groundbreaking he's set up for life at likely 10 times what he was making.
So the economic pressure actually works in the other direction.

Harte

Ha! So we are led to believe.

It's the Lion King, Scar will never come to power.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

We still can't duplicate this technology today. That is the most interesting part of this to me. So it sounds like something the Pharaohs found and some of the structures they at least decorated. Some of them appear to be some kind of otherworldly/other dimension type of depiction. With giant light bulbs in one depiction in the Great Pyramid buildings near Cairo Egypt and at Abe-dos the depictions of flying crafts and even a submarine are found in King Tut's tomb.

You should look into the claims you have misstated.
In fact, you can find your answers right here at ATS.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I was watching a Graham Hancock presentation a while back. He brought up the intriguing idea that cutting and manipulating stone is a universal skill that any intelligent species would master, and works on any planet because it is one raw material that will always be there. I am not saying that this was done by extraterrestrials, however somewhere back in our earliest civilization, it is obvious that these skills and technology were learned and subsequently lost.

We will probably never learn more until we find indisputable evidence that they existed. Perhaps there is an undiscovered cave or cavern under the earth that may indeed contain a device used to cut stone like this. What a revelation that would be.

I think in Indiana Jones, the scene where they box up the "Arc of the Covenant" and it goes to the warehouse in the US National Archives is an example of what might have happened to the evidence they can destroy and keep from the academic world. I believe the US has destroyed evidence of artifacts concerning history if it keeps ideas out of the official, allowed discussion.

Life imitating art.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Harte

Harte

Harte

Every 10th layer?

Was it instinctive?

How'd they know which layer?

So a bunch of "drunks for Kufu" pounded 100 acres flat?

That's more beer than I could drink.

ETA; thought they didn't use mortar? Wouldn't that crumble under the weight? In like 5 seconds?

You do know what "plateau" means, right?

And the mortar is still there.

Harte
edit on 2/12/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

We still can't duplicate this technology today. That is the most interesting part of this to me. So it sounds like something the Pharaohs found and some of the structures they at least decorated. Some of them appear to be some kind of otherworldly/other dimension type of depiction. With giant light bulbs in one depiction in the Great Pyramid buildings near Cairo Egypt and at Abe-dos the depictions of flying crafts and even a submarine are found in King Tut's tomb.

You should look into the claims you have misstated.
In fact, you can find your answers right here at ATS.

Harte

Circular argument.

That's the way it is. So it is that.

Whether the original cartouches got shaken and just the right stuff fell off to show a Trident sub, sikorsky heavy lift , and T-1 is pretty coincidental. Ya think?

Maybe the whole thing is a time travel hoax by teenagers from the 24th cen?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join