It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that an advanced civilisation existed. Case closed.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: apdjbs1
I don't watch videos posted here, usually.
I only watched the one because I saw it was short, and I know a little history regarding the Vedas (which the vid never even mentioned.)

Harte

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I don't understand why some people here seem to find it so hard to believe that an advanced civilization or two may have existed in the past. It only took a few hundred years from bow and arrow and mud huts to sending space craft to land on the moon and then personal computers, cell phones. In a measly few hundred years civilization from another part of the planet could have easily been in the right place at the right time to almost suddenly (as we did) reach industrial levels for manufacturing and rocket past the rest of the planet in technology. If this happened tens of thousands of years ago in a relatively tiny geographic portion of the planet, and then they relocated to a remote area for whatever reason, what was left would have disintegrated over the next few thousand years unless it was made of stone.. so, not much evidence left behind at this point. They could easily have been here and left already and we'd never know. Maybe they went underground, the safest place for anyone to be. Maybe off planet. Maybe Antarctica, who knows. Definitely seems like someone was here though and that someone helped other civilizations learn certain things.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter

I don't understand why some people here seem to find it so hard to believe that an advanced civilization or two may have existed in the past. ..

right. believe.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter

I don't understand why some people here seem to find it so hard to believe that an advanced civilization or two may have existed in the past.

"May have?"
I don't think people dismiss that miniscule possibility utterly.
The problem is that when any evidence is presented, that evidence is either completely bogus (i.e. untrue and made-up) or better explained by facts that are already in evidence.

Besides, who is the one making absolutist claims here? Not the skeptics.
Read the thread title.

Harte

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

If they can make a polygonal wall, compared to us who cannot, they are advanced.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

If they can make a polygonal wall, compared to us who cannot, they are advanced.
Not to mention 200 ton stones moved miles. We cant even do that today. Looks like some people have an agenda of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So now we can't make polygonal walls either?
You really need to get out more often.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Not to mention 200 ton stones moved miles. We cant even do that today. Looks like some people have an agenda of ignorance.

I suggest you check before posting such idiocy.

Earlier this year, a 340-ton, 21.5-foot-high granite boulder from Jurupa Valley was strapped on a 176-wheel transporter truck that traveled at 10mph, and transported over 85-miles in 11 nights, to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA).

Source

Harte

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Earlier this year, a 340-ton, 21.5-foot-high granite boulder from Jurupa Valley was strapped on a 176-wheel transporter truck that traveled at 10mph, and transported over 85-miles in 11 nights, to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA).

Source

Harte
Did they have that truck back then?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Dude,look at your post,and the technology involved, and the weight,and the time.....please have an open mind,not swiss cheese like open,but a little more open at least

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Dude,look at your post,and the technology involved, and the weight,and the time.....please have an open mind,not swiss cheese like open,but a little more open at least

Dude, read what I responded to:

Not to mention 200 ton stones moved miles. We cant even do that today.

Harte

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It has become apparent that "Some" folks are never going to be able to look at the ancient past with open eyes and mind. Besides, the truth does not serve those who are willfully ignorant. Their masters will get upset...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It has become apparent that "Some" folks are never going to be able to look at the ancient past with open eyes and mind. Besides, the truth does not serve those who are willfully ignorant. Their masters will get upset...

Let's see...
Anonentity averred that "we can't" move a 200 ton stone over miles even today.
I showed that we can.
In what way does this involve the ancient past?
In NO way, that's what way.

Obviously, they could move 200 ton stones. Where are these 200 ton stones they moved across miles anyway?
It would be much nicer to have the specifics.
In the GP, the heaviest stones are less than half that weight.

Harte

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Egypt, Peru, Bolivia, Turkey, Jordan, The Easter Islands there are Lots of examples of superior workmanship and unexplained shaping and moving of stone some weighing many tonnes.
Maybe in our future this will be possible and a team will travel back in time ? and shape some of these items.
Why would we do that ?

www.youtube.com... ( Would add this Video but cannot ? )

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Egypt, Peru, Bolivia, Turkey, Jordan, The Easter Islands there are Lots of examples of superior workmanship and unexplained shaping and moving of stone some weighing many tonnes.
Maybe in our future this will be possible and a team will travel back in time ? and shape some of these items.
Why would we do that ?

www.youtube.com... ( Would add this Video but cannot ? )

Sure, there's lots of old stonework.
How many contain 200 ton stones?
And why "the future?"
I already showed that we move stones much larger in modern times, when we want to.

Harte

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Agreed. If the OP is posting just post his opinion, or to state that his view is the only correct one, you should probably post more on a blog than a forum like ATS. My favorite threads on ATS have been ones where someone has posted a question, his thoughts, and evidence and asked for either confirmation or repudiation with evidence that confirms or debunks the original thoughts. Byrd and Marduk were always my favorites to read, not because of their ideas mirrored my own, but because they were very good at backing up their points with multiple sources of evidence.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Pretty interesting video

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Source

Harte

Who or what paid for that monstrous ego trippers monument to hubris to be transported and what 'art' is it in the name of ? yeah, a rock, right, high art natch.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy

Source

Harte

Who or what paid for that monstrous ego trippers monument to hubris to be transported and what 'art' is it in the name of ? yeah, a rock, right, high art natch.

LOL. "Art" is obviously in the eye of the beholder.
But I posted it to show the inanity of the claim that we can't today move stones like the ancients moved in the past.

Just an ignorant thing to claim.

Harte

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If the following turns out to be legitimate, some folks around here are going to be forced to eat Crow. And I'll buy

A 20,000-year-old transformer found in Kosovo

Ismet Smaili, a researcher, found a mysterious object in the mountains of Kosovo. The artifact appears to be a transformer or a unique stone with an integrated electromagnetic coil.

We will have to follow the story on this "Item". At this point no details have been released as to exactly where and how it was discovered and recovered.

One thing I did notice is the shape of the copper wire, it isn't round. Its flat.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join