It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have An Insurance Claim You Might Find Interesting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Id be curious to know if there ever WAS a white Magnum...and how old YOUR Magnum* was? Something fishy with the 2 VIns.

*In some states as in mine (Mich)...after 10 years most only carry P.D.L. because even a scratch or so will total you out if its over 10 years. Even with full coverage. Its very "iffy" on that coverage wise. And a lot of auto stores dont even stock 10 year or older items on-shelf because of that.

**Michigan is a No-Fault state as well...

There is a white Magnum, it’s owned by Old Dude, the guy I bought the red one from.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

That is insane!

I work in insurance and deal with this kind of stuff all the time. First of all if there was a VIN discrepancy issue it would have been addressed long before BY Progressive and the DMV. Do you have your ID cards from Progressive? If so they HAVE the VIN number listed on them. Another thing if old due was on the title then he would have to have been listed on your insurance as an "additional interest" since he has viable interest in the car. Why would he have insurance on it? That doesn't make sense. The car couldn't be insured twice. If the VIN was on two different policies ONE insurance company would have been red flagged by it and someone would have gotten a memo. How do I know? I am the one who deal with these memos at work when this happens. It doesn't happen often but it has happened.

As for Progressive, they can be a butt but they will pay out. If not threaten a lawyer lol that does work. I had the snapshot device from Progressive in my car for not even 40 days and it fried my battery and alternator, both were new within two years. I had read about the snapshot device and a massive lawsuit against Progressive for the device draining cars electrical systems. I got off lucky compared to some people. WEll I called Progressive when it happened and filed a claim, it's fleet claim separate from my own insurance so it won't affect my rates. Anyway after a month of arguing back and forth and my mechanic telling them how these devices work and how they ruin electrical systems Progressive agreed to refund me for the battery, $180. So that left the alternator $300. I went back and forth with the adjuster, she tried to say my car was old and all this other BS. Yes it's a 20 year old car but I meticulously keep it maintained by yearly mechanic visits. Well one day I check my mail and I open a letter from this adjuster saying they won't be paying me for the alternator so of course I"m pissed. At this point I had not used the "I am an agent and sell your policies daily and now I will make sure to pick another agency even if you are the best rate " line yet. Well after I opened that letter I had another envelope from Progressive. I opened it thinking it was a bill well it was a check for the exact amount of my alternator! I was confused since i just opened one saying they won't pay yet I had a check saying they would and did. I showed my boss both who in turn showed our Progressive rep. I mean if I was a normal customer I am sure I would have gotten an angry phone call about this.

So yea just keep on Progressive and ask for a copy of your original cards, they can't change that information! Get that card and it will show the VIN of the vehicle on the policy when you signed up. Ask for a copy of the application you signed, it too will show the VIN.

I couldn’t find my cards. Old Dude had insurance on it by mistake.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Yes the SRT8 425hp. Yes, Tor red. Yes, only 53 made. Yes, only 26k miles. Yes...

Production numbers for 2006-2008 for the SRT8s are roughly 4500 cars made.

Anyway,

If you are getting paid, why take the risk of taking further action that can turn itself around and leave you penniless?

Look to see how many TorRed Magnums were made.

You are right about the risk, however I assume that the fact that they are now going to cover it means that they are legally obligated to or that they feel they would lose the battle in court and then be legally obligated to pay or else they would not cover it at all.

I finally got an offer from them today for a settlement price and it was a kick in the nuts. I’m Thinking about threatening them with a lawyer to see if I can get them to come up on the settlement.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join