It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Blocks Release of Democrat Memo on Russa Probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: shooterbrody

Your link is 404'd and I didn't lie. He is recused.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Several leftwing activist groups have filed accusations against me with the Office of Congressional Ethics. The charges are entirely false and politically motivated, and are being leveled just as the American people are beginning to learn the truth about the improper unmasking of the identities of U.S. citizens and other abuses of power. Despite the baselessness of the charges, I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the Committee's Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter. I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman, and I am requesting to speak to the Ethics Committee at the earliest possible opportunity in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims.

notice the word that is missing in that statement?
but hey you know more about the situation than the man himself so.....
oh and nunes was CLEARED by the house ethics committee so there is that too

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
According to Nunes, the Democrats have sat on their memo all weekend and not even started the process of taking out sources and methods. They have however been on TV crying. If true, it makes it even more obvious that the Democrats are just playing politics. We also heard that much of their memo contains character assassinations of Nunes and other Republicans as opposed to dealing with the actual charges.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Also the Ethics Committee is a joke.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Smart people think Trump does everything himself like a small town mayor that is the postman, sheriff, and doctor. Thats the crazy part. Its absurd.

Advisors tell him available OPTIONS according to dept heads. He weighs those.

If the Dems purposefully put classified info into their memo that makes it impossible to release then Trump is right. Good call by any measure.

If its not full of classified info why dont the Dims just SAY what they have to say?

Whats with the mystery?

Do they think we are retarded and believe the only possible format for a "clarification" is a memo that the government you are a minority in can just block from being released?

Please. Bite me. Just say whats inaccurate with the GOP memo FFS. This is JUST a rebuttal and clarification right?

OK

Release THE REBUTTAL via twitter for all I care.

Im not buying this typical DC charade.

EDIT TO ADD:
why dont the corrupt bastards just leak it to the press like every other bit of info from our government that they stole and released on a whim.

edit on 2 12 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Correct. Trump was advised by the Director of National Intelligence that the Democrat memo contained sensitive national security information. It wasn't like he just made the decision on his own with no input from anyone else. And you are correct in that the Democrats could just publicly respond to the Republican memo at a press conference. To release new material, it has to go through an approval process. But if all you want to do is comment on what's wrong in the Republican memo, everything in that memo was approved for declassification already so you can publicly comment on it as long as you don't reveal additional classified information.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As I posted last night, Schiff says that he's not going to remove or alter the wording in any way. Maybe a few redactions, and then resubmitting to the White House.

DARING the President to decline it again. What an a-hole.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join