It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Blocks Release of Democrat Memo on Russa Probe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh I know what you and Trump are telling yourselves to justify a lack of transparency, and that is what makes me weep more. Well, you not so much, I really don't care what you think since you aren't American.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Kleenex stocks continue to be on the rise.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Seems like it.
It's been constant weeping for 18 months... i wonder how they keep up with production.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh I know what you and Trump are telling yourselves to justify a lack of transparency, and that is what makes me weep more. Well, you not so much, I really don't care what you think since you aren't American.

In between your tears, have you ever stopped to consider that Schiff and co did indeed lace the 10-page memo with information they knew could not be released? Or have you just assumed they are on the level because they are just sooo trustworthy...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't care what he put in the memo. If Nunes' partisan hit job of a memo was good enough for release then the Democratic response sure as # is. If you are leery about discussing classified # that shouldn't be released, too bad. That ship sailed with Nunes' memo being released. Now it just appears to be a double standard Trump is setting on this memo.
edit on 12-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I don't care what he put in the memo. If Nunes' partisan hit job of a memo was good enough for release then the Democratic response sure as # is. If you want to discuss classified # that shouldn't be released, too bad. That ship sailed with Nunes' memo being released. Now it just appears to be a double standard Trump is setting on this memo.

Ah, I see... you're living in a tit for tat world. Sorry, not how it works. The Democrats lied when they said Nunes' memo was a threat to national security. We saw it and it wasn't. We do not know what is in the Schiff memo.
Your viewpoint is nonsense as you've not seen the content at all and are just weeping about one memo being released and another not as if it's some form of injustice. The release of the Nunes memo does not, and should not, give carte blanche to the Democrats to release whatever classified information they want. Period.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Whatever. I'm not under any illusions that you'll ever side against Trump. Transparency be DAMNED. Trump said so so that's all the reasoning you need. Releasing partisan hit job memos that unfairly put the FBI on the defensive by making spurious and no evidence claims is a-ok, but releasing a rebuttal memo to help even the waters of discussion is somehow not fair. Psh. Typical.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Kimberly Clark Corp stock has been down since January 25, 2018 and it's overall trend has been downward since March, 2017.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 12-2-2018 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Market summary > Kimberly Clark Corp
NYSE: KMB - Feb 12, 11:28 AM EST
113.39USDPrice increase1.95 (1.75%)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm still recovering from the whiplash of the 1st memo going from a direct threat to national security to a "nothing burger" the minute it was released. Go ahead and release the dem memo, there couldn't be anything in it the Russians didn't already get from Hillary's basement server.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Whatever. I'm not under any illusions that you'll ever side against Trump. Transparency be DAMNED. Trump said so so that's all the reasoning you need. Releasing partisan hit job memos that unfairly put the FBI on the defensive by making spurious and no evidence claims is a-ok, but releasing a rebuttal memo to help even the waters of discussion is somehow not fair. Psh. Typical.

I've already been on the opposing side to some of the thigs Trump has done.
It's not about taking sides. You are, though by saying; Republicans released a memo so Democrats should be able to as well. Do you realise how partisan that thought process is?
Each memo/release of information has to be judged on it's own merits. We've been told that he Democrat memo reveals sources and methods. It is going back to the House Intel committee to be adjusted. That is fair. Nothing dangerous to US national security was in the Republican memo.

I think you know you are being reactionary based on party lines.

edit on 12/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I've already been on the opposing side to some of the thigs Trump has done.
It's not about taking sides. You are, though by saying; Republicans released a memo so Democrats should be able to as well. Do you realise how partisan that thought process is?

Considering the release of the original memo was 100% partisan in its actions its hard to get more partisan with the release of this memo.

Each memo/release of information has to be judged on it's own merits. We've been told that he Democrat memo reveals sources and methods. It is going back to the House Intel committee to be adjusted. That is fair. Nothing dangerous to US national security was in the Republican memo.

We were told the same thing about Nunes' memo but that didn't stop Trump from releasing it and even lying about how it "vindicated him".

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, we were told that about the Nunes memo, and nothing was in it that matched the claims. It was fine.

In truth, Schiff is being accommodated when he should not be. There is no Nunes memo - its the House Intel Committee memo of which Schiff is a part.
There is only one committee. Because he doesn't like playing by the rules, he wants his own memo.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes, we were told that about the Nunes memo, and nothing was in it that matched the claims. It was fine.

So why do you believe the claims about Schiff's memo?

In truth, Schiff is being accommodated when he should not be. There is no Nunes memo - its the House Intel Committee memo of which Schiff is a part. Because he doesn't like playing by the rules, he wants his own memo.

Oh PLEASE! Don't even pretend to believe that memo was written between a united front of all parties on the House Intel Committee. If anything Nunes should be censured for having released that memo. He already recused himself from the investigation earlier for clearly being partisan biased for Trump.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

partial truths.....typical
www.washingtonpost.com... 4824bbb5d748_story.html?utm_term=.a69503a5b056

and said his recusal — which applies only to the committee’s Russia investigation — would be in effect while the committee looks into the matter.

jesus you people forget there is a thing called google these days.....

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Your link is 404'd and I didn't lie. He is recused.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So why do you believe the claims about Schiff's memo?

In truth, Schiff is being accommodated when he should not be. There is no Nunes memo - its the House Intel Committee memo of which Schiff is a part. Because he doesn't like playing by the rules, he wants his own memo.

Oh PLEASE! Don't even pretend to believe that memo was written between a united front of all parties on the House Intel Committee. If anything Nunes should be censured for having released that memo. He already recused himself from the investigation earlier for clearly being partisan biased for Trump.

Schiff was the main voice lying day in day out about the national security issues in the Committee's memo. He had no memo until something he fought to hide was about to be released. That said, if it adjusted to remove sources and methods, then let it be released. I have no problem with that, however, I will cut through the noise and focus on the ONE thing the Committee's memo showed - that 5 members of the Executive branch failed to disclose the political origins of the dossier they used to help secure a warrant to spy on a citizen. If it does not disprove that, then the key charge in the Committee's memo stands.

As for the Committee's memo, it passed a vote to be released. Period. There is only one committee and just because Democrats decided to try and block it and failed makes it no less the Committee's memo. That is how it works. And no, Nunes never recused himself from the investigation - he specifically decided to focus on the very thing the memo summarised.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

He is recused.

Wrong.
Nunes stepped away because of pressure from left-wing groups who complained to the ethics committee. In his public statement, he said this was a temporary measure. He was cleared by the ethics committee.
Even when stepping down he made it clear he would peruse the unmasking and spying issues he had uncovered.

I am sure you were not lying. You were just misinformed.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Nunes is not recused. Anyone saying he is is misinformed and was probably misled intentionally. He basically took an informal action to lay off one specific investigation as a courtesy to Democrats and to get them to stop whining. Shockingly, it hasn't stopped them from doing so.
edit on 12 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join