It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporters ARE NOW THE ESTABLISHMENT!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Well trumpis now the establishment..

I should have said his supporters are supporting the establishment..

No.
Some people want the guilty to be held accountable for their crimes.
I am one.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

Whose following blindly?

If I had a nickel for every time Never Trump told me what I was doing.

I'd be as rich as Al Gore flying around on my private jet selling snake oil to the masses.

Cheers and standing ovation. They seem to think that we are blind to Trump's perceived inadequacies. It is hard to hear exactly what they hate about him, because it ranges any where from him having a second scoop and eats at McDonald's to they think he is Hitler incarnate, and saying all of that at exactly the same time. Some have even shouted to the sky, and my personal favorite, tried witchcraft. Sooooooooooooooooooo once again I commend you for your excellent reasoning skills.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There are legitimately honest and fair criticisms of Trump. Like him pardoning a bank he owes millions to.

Got a link to back up that claim? I've heard it a lot but nobody has put up any info that would confirm it.

Are you speaking of this? www.usatoday.com...

NEW YORK — Five banks, including a big lender to President Donald Trump, have received temporary reprieves from the administration to run businesses that they otherwise would have had to shut down after criminal convictions.

The Labor Department granted Deutsche Bank a waiver from punishment allowing it to continue to manage pension funds and individual retirement accounts for another three years, according to an announcement in the Federal Registry soon after the decision last month. Four other banks convicted in criminal cases were also granted waivers.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that Deutsche Bank got no special deal, and noted that the Obama administration had originally proposed a more valuable waiver lasting five years, instead of the three ultimately granted.

“Any insinuation of special treatment is counter to these facts,” said department spokesman Jeffrey Grappone.

The Labor Department waivers stem from the criminal convictions over the manipulation of the London Interbank Loan Rate, or Libor, a measure used to set lending rates for a variety of financial transactions. In 2015, units of Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Barclays Capital, UBS Asset Management and Citigroup agreed to a deferred prosecution by which they could avoid certain punishments.

So where is the "pardon"?
The Obama administration had proposed five years for the waiver and Trump's people cut to three. How is that better for the bank? Would you rather force the bank to close those pension and retirement plans without notice? Why do you wish to punish people who had nothing to do with the crimes committed by the bank's administration?

Perhaps you have a link about a different "pardon"?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Of course you'd revert to the pensions and retirement plans, I'm guessing that's what they were betting on. Make the banks compensate those who would be hurt by punishing them, make it part of the punishment. Easy peasy, but that makes too much sense so instead let's pardon them because of a technicality that they themselves probably bank on (pun intended), an appeal to emotion.
edit on 2/11/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

How does that make the guy who runs every branch of government and law enforcement “anti establishment “???

That is an oxymoron..

You can’t run every branch of government and not be the establishment..

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

A year later and him already appointing every head of every agency?!?!

Sure...

Your right about a circular nature.. once the Dems take it all back. They will return to Beijing g the establishment..
edit on 11-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Meanwhile the bonuses keep rolling on, but ya lets go after pension funds

Here is some heartwarming info..poor guys only got 540+ million last year in bonuses
www.reuters.com...
edit on 11-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They tanked the economy then came out the other end richer. That should tell you everything you need to know about them, and they still get away with basically murder every few years regardless of who's in office.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I just don’t understand you libs and cons slinging # at each other while claiming the mound you’re standing on doesn’t stink.
This is what tribal politics has turned modern civilization into. Blinding otherwise intelligent folks. Causing them to resort to every sort of mental and moral gymnastics needed just to keep rooting for their guy.
And for what? To be seen as right and the other wrong.
What a sad way to live life.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Yup, it makes me want to puke, and you are so right..it makes 0 % difference who is in office, in fact some people in office install these scumbags into their cabinet.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

my point is ya not getting a nice INNER AMERICA when you playing the worldpolice america. creating the rest of world in a
. people dont understand a world war is nothing great again

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xEphon

Tribal politics is a great term to use for it, I might start using it myself. It's like those in power have rounded up monkeys into a big cage and ordered them to start slinging their own # at each other for entertainment.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yeah... I'm still waiting on the source for your claim that "Nothing in the dossier has been proven false".

It just blows my mind that you can't do that, and instead have to make threads like this to reaffirm your position.

It suggests certain shortcomings.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xEphon
I just don’t understand you libs and cons slinging # at each other while claiming the mound you’re standing on doesn’t stink.
This is what tribal politics has turned modern civilization into. Blinding otherwise intelligent folks. Causing them to resort to every sort of mental and moral gymnastics needed just to keep rooting for their guy.
And for what? To be seen as right and the other wrong.
What a sad way to live life.

Tribal? It would be cool for the people running for office, to fight to the death naked, tho.

"it's always been like this!!" "You can't go against 10,000 years of tradition!!!" "Blood and Sand"

Sorta like that now, without the blood or the sand.

Civilization is just a matter of social construct of the times or should I say an idea with toys.

Not a very tenacious memory.

Ides of March, people.

edit on 2 11 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Yeah... I'm still waiting on the source for your claim that "Nothing in the dossier has been proven false".

It just blows my mind that you can't do that, and instead have to make threads like this to reaffirm your position.

It suggests certain shortcomings.

It blows my mind even more that some people seem to be comfortable in the first place to say things like "nothing has been proven false". Crazy. I don't even think they know how ridiculous that sounds.
edit on 11/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump supporters ARE NOW THE ESTABLISHMENT

good! this was supposed to be a government of the people, by the people, and for the people all along...

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You have yet to show me where a "pardon" occurred or how Trump benefits from this...a continuation of the Obama administration's proposal with a shorter waiver period. All five banks got the same deal.

Want to provide that link that shows that Trump "pardoned" a bank? I see that word used a lot by posters who obviously have only read the talking points, not the actual articles. Even msm got that story right. You are being ignorant or simply untruthful to continue to call a waiver a "pardon" when the two have little to do with each other. To continue to parrot that lie is totally disingenuous.

ETA: It wasn't me who reverted to emotion, it was the Obama Labor Department who drew up the proposal for the waiver. They said it wouldn't be fair to the pension holders whose accounts would have to be shifted. Had you gone beyond the talking points of this story you would have that information.

edit on 11-2-2018 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Meanwhile the bonuses keep rolling on, but ya lets go after pension funds

Here is some heartwarming info..poor guys only got 540+ million last year in bonuses
www.reuters.com...

Is that American Taxpayer Monies?

Get pissed off at the bonuses raises given to our own deep state dirtbags.

With YOUR money!

Anyone worth over 5 mil in congress and anywhere else in govt, should work for $1 a yr, like Trump.

Screw term limits, make it monetary limits.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Which now makes them pro-government propagandists when people lie for him.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You are wrong. Have you considered that you might be wrong or are you of the mind that everything you think and then say or write is just 100% percent reality?

If that’s your take, then I guess there’s not a whole lot of point in trying to tell you anything that conflicts with your reality.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join