It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporters ARE NOW THE ESTABLISHMENT!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Just to be clear, you don't think Fox News is news do you?

No. Not any more so than CNN or MSNBC.

If you want the truth (aka no-spin) you just have to do the leg work yourself. It is a lot of work, and vetting sources/information isn't easy. But we have access to a vast wealth of valuable information these days, including information leaked/stolen from CIA/NSA etc regarding propaganda/disinformation techniques. The trick is recognizing those same techniques, and the countermeasure is to simply ignore any such content that meets this criteria (seeing it as neither true nor false-AKA no opinion)

So you're right that Fox/Breitbart etc all have political agendas. But you ignore the fact that CNN/MSNBC/etc also have their own agendae. MSM as a whole is dishonest, sad and pathetic. And it isn't just "liberal" MSM....

I get the bulk majority of my news from independent citizen journalists/open sources/leaks. But I do use sources like Fox/CNN/etc to verify/double check content. Generally speaking, however, when discrepancies between MSM narrative and my own research arise I tend to favor my own research (since it is an amalgamation of multiple sources to begin with). Check my citations here on ATS, I cite CNN as much (if not more) than Fox when those are the only places running a particular story.

One reason for not using sources like CNN and Fox is to prevent easy discrediting of my entire post/article simply because some bonehead at the politicized "news" source decided to interject some partisan fairytale. I generally don't like looking bad/being discredited over some divisive spin-story someone decided to run at Fox or CNN. I personally don't need spin (and detest it) to make a point in a debate, and I use CNN because individuals on the other side of the debate (the so called "left") are more likely to take it seriously than Fox. I've always felt that if my argument can't stand on its own two feet, then it deserves to be torn down and maybe I learn something new...

I don't trust them (any of them), but have no problem using their content for vetting purposes

^and even that is taken with a grain of salt
edit on 2/10/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So a person is pro-establishment if they want to get rid of corruption in the FBI and DOJ and people are anti-establishment if they want partisan, biased, bigger and more controlling government.

This is why I never trust a damned leftist with definitions.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nice thread, very informative and thought provoking. You must have spent a whole 5 seconds thinking it up. The replies leave much to be desired as well, just the usual right wing buzzwords and talking points their overlords have put in their heads.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The state of far left liberals in 2018 LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: The GUT
Says a voice that wants to protect a corrupt FBI power structure and thinks CNN is news and has our best interests at heart.

Just to be clear, you don't think Fox News is news do you?

Well, I'll never forget how they shilled for Bush:s unjust wars and they do plenty of bias pieces too.

They've been fairly on target on this deep state coup however because research and evidence says so.

Having said all that, I do sufficient research on ANYTHING a talking head tells me about important issues and I'm not a daily MSM or cable news watcher.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So a person is pro-establishment if they want to get rid of corruption in the FBI and DOJ and people are anti-establishment if they want partisan, biased, bigger and more controlling government.

Yep, that's what they keep telling me. It must be so.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

(blame that one on Trump, he's orange)

Trump's citrusy goodness can't take credit for that one I'm afraid...

I think we have non-Orange Obama/Bush to thank for that gem

edit on 2/10/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I’m not the one arguing for the government..

You have forgotten who runs the government..

Because of very lame propaganda at that..

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Secondly are you saying that people downstream in an organization are a direct reflection of leadership?

There is no "downstream" in Power Politics.

Not just 'any Organization' either. Its the High Command, unelecetd, selected, crony, corrupt lairs and thieves.
But do tell me the Hollywood plot line.

"Noble cIA agent uncovers rogue element within the CIA, whole movie that follows, a shootout / chase to save America". Thats a load of crap divisive drama designed to get you to think that Washington is divided and at war with itself, just like you are trying to do right now.

Sell that theatre ticket to someone else.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

CNN, college professors, unions , scientists, intellectuals, American Jews, exc, exc, exc..

Are not all biased..

They honestly disagree..

There is a difference. It is only biased if they are lying for their team..

Conservatism is based on fear mongering and lies .

They are comming to get your guns

Shiria law is comming to America

War on Christmas

White males are just soooo day scriminated against..

Exc, exc, exc...

The intellectual class just doesn’t buy it.. because it is logistically impossible.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Those in power are a few steps ahead of the masses at all times. They've actually got people thinking there's a power struggle at the top, and OF COURSE it's all a partisan game. Democrats vs Republicans, the most divisive tool they've got in their arsenal. Look at all the people using the terms "left" and "right" on these boards as if they mean anything or are different from each other.

People are so gullible it's sad. Trump is not an underdog fighting the establishment, he's an establishment puppet playing his part, along with every other big name politician in the spotlight. They're playing out a drama and following the script that's been given to them.

"Democrat this, Republican that." So predictable.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The intellectual class?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Look at all the people using the terms "left" and "right" on these boards as if they mean anything or are different from each other.

I'm not as concerned about people being misguided as I am about the ones promoting the division amongst the American people.

Agree with what else you said.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Secondly are you saying that people downstream in an organization are a direct reflection of leadership?

There is no "downstream" in Power Politics.

Not just 'any Organization' either. Its the High Command, unelecetd, selected, crony, corrupt lairs and thieves.
But do tell me the Hollywood plot line.

"Noble cIA agent uncovers rogue element within the CIA, whole movie that follows, a shootout / chase to save America". Thats a load of crap divisive drama designed to get you to think that Washington is divided and at war with itself, just like you are trying to do right now.

Sell that theatre ticket to someone else.

You must be really upset because that reply made absolutely no sense.

Thought that I would point out that I, the conservative, am saying it’s only the top handful of senior FBI that are crooked. You, the liberal, made the argument the it’s the entire FBI. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You, the liberal, made the argument the it’s the entire FBI. Just saying.

What about his/her replies so far make you think they're a liberal? Is that your automatic go to when someone seems to disagree with you, that they're a liberal? You seem to have a pretty narrow view of things, pigeonholing anyone and everyone into either the conservative or liberal camps. There are people outside of the boxes you choose to believe in you know.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Same here, I was just using the side effects (partisanship) as a way to point out what those at the top are doing to us which is dividing us down party lines.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Those in power are a few steps ahead of the masses at all times. They've actually got people thinking there's a power struggle at the top, and OF COURSE it's all a partisan game. Democrats vs Republicans, the most divisive tool they've got in their arsenal. Look at all the people using the terms "left" and "right" on these boards as if they mean anything or are different from each other.

People are so gullible it's sad. Trump is not an underdog fighting the establishment, he's an establishment puppet playing his part, along with every other big name politician in the spotlight. They're playing out a drama and following the script that's been given to them.

"Democrat this, Republican that." So predictable.

You never get tired of repeating this over and over, do you?

How about you elaborate on your theory with something substantive or at least thought-provoking enough for us to entertain? You got some inside knowledge? C'mon, share it with the rest of us unenlightened 1's.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Don't you ever get tired of repeating "Trump rules, Hillary drools"? Because that's literally what all of your posts boil down to. Looks like we're not all that different after all.

The same things are discussed across the boards constantly every day ad nauseum, yet you only have a problem with it if it doesn't jive with your biases. Typical.

Also, all it takes is common sense to realize that you're all being led around by the nose with these scandals. The government and media are the ones sponsoring all of this crap and repeating it over the airwaves 24/7, yet you guys have no problem with that even though you claim to not trust them.

All you have to do is take your blinders off to see that you're being fed propaganda day in and day out.
edit on 2/10/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

CNN, college professors, unions , scientists, intellectuals, American Jews, exc, exc, exc..

Are not all biased..

They honestly disagree..

I'm sorry but "CNN" and "honestly" should never be used in the same sentence. Do you really think CNN or any other major media corp is being honest with you? If so, is it possibly because you're just buying what they're selling?
edit on 10-2-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join