It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America on the decline of world respect

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: UKTruth

No...

You need to learn to read correctly UKTruth.

I correctly stated that a trained monkey could do with that money, what Trump did with it (that is invest it poorly, treat people like crap, and fail with it so hard that he ends up owing money to entities with ties to Russia).

Then I said, that if you gave me the same start in life he had, I would be able to do with that money things that the bloated sack of spite who currently occupies the Oval Office, would not even understand, leave alone be capable of achieving.

Do keep up, theres a good chap.

Hard to keep up when your starting point is wrong. You're off into some strange reality that I have no interest in stepping into.

Trump is not in debt. He is worth billions. He carries debt, but it is serviceable debt. It's rather like saying if you have £1m in the bank and a £200k mortgage you're in debt and a failure. Nonsense of course, but you know that already.

Trump turned millions into billions - no mean feat. Oh, and he bagged the top job in the world. When you come even close to his level of achievement, I might listen to your ramblings. As it stands, you sound like a very small person with a very big mouth shouting from the sidelines and little substance to back it up with.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

a reply to: SickWave

Its also worth pointing out that prostitution is still illegal in the vast majority of the states

Yes, why, because of the Christian right wing. They enact laws which have no scriptural support because they are overzealous. And yet Jesus never referred to himself as Christian. In fact the word Christian never occurred in scripture until after Jesus was long dead. He said of himself and his religion two things. "Salvation is of the Jews" and "I am not come to change the law". Therefore Benny Hinn, Jim Jones, David Koresh, Warren Jeffs, and Joseph Smith Jr. are irrelevant. Why? Because are not subjecting themselves to Jesus authority to declare Judaism as the path to salvation which Jesus did when He with Divine authority declared "Salvation to be of the Jews".

And yet, John the Baptist described Jesus as "The Word". And many theologians say that it was Jesus in the Old Testament who inspired writers to pen scripture. Therefore if the Old Testaments says "Do not be over-righteous! Why would you destroy yourself", then it was in fact Jesus who inspired this scripture.

Therefore creating new rules like forbidding prostitution which supported by Jesus statements that He did change the law, and not be be overrighteous was done so by a new religion which has no scriptural support. Jesus never said to Benny Hinn or David Koresh "Go out and create a new religion, we will call it Christianity!"
edit on 12-2-2018 by SickWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Like I said... in at least partially civilised countries, they go by a more solid definition, and take into account modern thinking (the WHO is behind the times, and always will be, because its a central body, influenced by the sort of activist Christian conservativism that has been damaging the world since the rise of the Vatican).

I would appreciate it, if you left scripture out of this, because trying to use the word of my God to brow beat people and oppress them, is a heresy of the greatest possible nature, which will not only harm you on your arrival at the Pearly Gates, but also makes me angrier than a box of hornets, left on a running engine block.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trump is not in debt.
He is wealthier than the Queen of England. And she received millions each year by the Royal stipend from the British government.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Well, you are solidly wrong. He has been in billions of dollars of personal debt previous to the current era, and is now so untouchable banking wise, that some of the only institutions who will still have to do with him, are also the shadiest players in banking, many of them having to do with Russia, but you believe what you like. Of course, your willingness to believe the reality we are living in, does not change the fact of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well, you are solidly wrong. He has been in billions of dollars of personal debt previous to the current era, and is now so untouchable banking wise, that some of the only institutions who will still have to do with him, are also the shadiest players in banking, many of them having to do with Russia, but you believe what you like. Of course, your willingness to believe the reality we are living in, does not change the fact of it.

Having to do with Russia? LOL.
You have no idea of the detail of his finances.
No matter what successes and failures he has in the past, the fact he came through it all, got back up and did it all again makes his achievements all the more impressive.

You're lost, fella, in a haze of bitterness and bile directed at someone you don't even know in the slightest. You seem to have a major issue with Capitalism and anyone who wins under the rules of that system. If it makes you so bitter, you have plenty of options. Head off to China and glory in the communism you seek, for example, because your entire ideology has been rejected in the Western world, for good reason.

edit on 12/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

are also the shadiest players in banking, many of them having to do with Russia

I fail to see how Russia is shady. Because they are communist. Communist China forced zealots to sell cigarettes. They tend to put down a heavy hand in response to terrorists acts by religious zealots.

England's leaders bend over, grab their ankles, and say "Please sir, may I have another". Why? Because the terrorists acts rarely effect them. They have better security at events that they attend versus even moral and faith driven person of lesser social status.

Russians recently made moves against the Jehovah's Witnesses, which along with Mormons claimed to have witnessed the return of Christ in secret prior to the Second Advent when Christ appears with great glory to all eyes to decimate the forces of Armageddon. I would say that Russians recognize bull# when they see it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You're lost, fella, in a haze of bitterness

Perhaps its the drink. Is his avatar an indication of his favorite off the job activity? It destroys neurons and leads to the creation of false religions.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I know exactly where I am, I am not lost. As for not knowing Trump...

First of all, you gob off about people you do not like, despite knowing less than nothing about them worth knowing, so do not dare to call me out for uttering having actually gone out and done my research.

Oh, and before you ask me to spoon feed you information I had to put effort into locating... why don't you sod off, and do the work yourself. That ought to suit a heartless corporatist appeaser, like yourself.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I know exactly where I am, I am not lost. As for not knowing Trump...

First of all, you gob off about people you do not like, despite knowing less than nothing about them worth knowing, so do not dare to call me out for uttering having actually gone out and done my research.

Oh, and before you ask me to spoon feed you information I had to put effort into locating... why don't you sod off, and do the work yourself. That ought to suit a heartless corporatist appeaser, like yourself.

If you have information that would support your wild claims then the onus is on you to post it, not for the rest of us to soak up your vitriol and find out if you are right. All you are showing is a lack of logic and perspective and appear to be a very spiteful person.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Like I said... in at least partially civilised countries, they go by a more solid definition, and take into account modern thinking (the WHO is behind the times, and always will be, because its a central body, influenced by the sort of activist Christian conservativism that has been damaging the world since the rise of the Vatican).

I would appreciate it, if you left scripture out of this, because trying to use the word of my God to brow beat people and oppress them, is a heresy of the greatest possible nature, which will not only harm you on your arrival at the Pearly Gates, but also makes me angrier than a box of hornets, left on a running engine block.

The purpose in mentioning it was that the people using it to justify an overzealous opinion and legislation was that there was no scriptural support. In fact, prostitution very likely could have positive benefits compared to a clergy which prohibits is priests from engaging in marriage which has resulted in replicated and predictable child abuse.

Only one letter difference between "brother" and "brothel".

I hate scripture as it's impossible to prove who inspired it. A divine being or a Satan. How do we know that it wasn't insipred by an evil entity?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

OH NO YOU DON'T!

Now you listen here, and you listen well. You, and people like you, have already destroyed this website, and very possibly my country as well as the United States, with your information resistant, mindless, corporatist shilling. You do not get to TELL me to give you what I put the time and effort into getting, AFTER IGNORING IT FOR NEARLY A DECADE, LEARNING NOTHING FROM IT, AND REMAINING KNUCKLE DRAGGING, POOR HATING, VICTIM BLAMING PEONS!

I have dedicated my entire time on this website, to trying to give people the information that they needed to make wise decisions, but that was in vain, my effort meant nothing, and its people like you who proved it. I have dedicated my time on this website to being approachable, to discussion of the issues as reasonably and as even handedly as possible. But that, as it turns out, was a waste of time, and people like you believing what you do, despite the overwhelming evidence of its totally unjustifiable nature, prove that.

You do not, after all that your filthy kind have done to my country here in the UK, the United States, and my favourite website no less, get to demand anything of me. My time to bow before your pathetic needs, to pretend to you as if stooping down to your level is worth the ache in my spine, is WELL over.

Don't like my tone? Well, then, be offended. You damned well deserve it for having your head in the sand.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I am perfectly fine with your tone - it reflects on you.

You've been called for making wild and vitriolic claims about a man you know very little about and your reaction tells me you don't like a dose of the truth.

You can go around calling a billionaire with the top job in the world dumb and make claims about Russians all you like, but you have zero to back up your rant.

If I have played even a tiny part in 'ruining' the country you want the UK to be, then I am very proud of that fact and will continue to stand against your extremist left wing ideology.
edit on 12/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit

will continue to stand against your extremist left wing ideology.

Perhaps its the sipping.

People get hooked on the sippy cups in their toddler years. Soon, milk isn't good enough.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I have posted links. They just are not in this thread, and I will not be wasting my time trying to push information into minds which refuse to accept its implications. I have finally learned that lesson. I have had a decade of my life stolen from me by the acts of evil people before, and I am not going to let another one be wasted.

You feel free to continue to allow yourself to be deluded. The hand holding ends here.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I have posted links. They just are not in this thread, and I will not be wasting my time trying to push information into minds which refuse to accept its implications. I have finally learned that lesson. I have had a decade of my life stolen from me by the acts of evil people before, and I am not going to let another one be wasted.

You feel free to continue to allow yourself to be deluded. The hand holding ends here.

I have no idea about your decade of evil. Sounds like your cross to carry. I am aware of your previous links and I have read them in several other places too - or similar. There's nothing to justify the visceral reaction you have to Trump. The hatred day in day out from those that have a different perspective on politics and economics are beyond the point of being simply ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Which is something you would only be able to say, if you had never read any of the links I, or for that matter anyone else on this website, have ever posted which detail Trumps many, and all consuming character flaws, deliberate acts of malice, his predatory nature and so on, or worse, read them and liked them.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Which is something you would only be able to say, if you had never read any of the links I, or for that matter anyone else on this website, have ever posted which detail Trumps many, and all consuming character flaws, deliberate acts of malice, his predatory nature and so on, or worse, read them and liked them.

I must say I do enjoy many of things you see as flaws. I like the abrasiveness and his penchant to call out whiny little cry babies playing identity politics. I certainly like his politics. Some of his behaviours are more troublesome, like his activities to secure his golf course in Scotland. On balance I don't much like him, but am not so blinded by hatred for someone I don't know as to call him dumb - or shoot off insults like a maniac.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: musicismagic

If you want to understand America, follow the money and bullets. We elect representatives who are bought by war lobbyists and rich people, like Koch brothers. They get to walk the legislatures halls, get together at wonderful retreats like Davos, Trump golf courses, and everybody is sleeping with somebody’s wife. What’s not to respect.

Maybe this go around.
Last administration was bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical industry now we are in the midst of the worst opioid addiction epidemic the world has ever seen. Coincidence? I think not...

Sadly people like you are incapable of accepting the reality that for every Koch brother there is a George Soros and they are all friends in private. They work for a common goal and it's NOT for the benefit of you or I.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: musicismagic

Funny this subject comes up now. I have a friend who is constantly shuttling back and forth to China. He just commented on the average citizen of China he's in contact with on a daily basis. He posted that it's the U.S. left that they're laughing at. Not the current administration.

Granted, their media is filtered as ours. Seems that those quite bright oriental gentlemen see things similarly to Trump and his supporters.

For those of you outside the U.S., Trump's numbers are up to 49% which are higher than Obama's numbers after the first year in office.

Based on my understanding, I'd say the results 'respect and popularity-wise' are as mixed outside the U.S. as inside.

Just my opinion, though.

I'm surprised, because the Chinese media is like nothing in the west. Nothing.

And that's without taking WeChat into account.

Then again, nobody outside the US thinks the Democrats are a party of the left.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join