It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America on the decline of world respect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Shhh, we're trying to contain and isolate China.

Haven't you heard of the 'Asian Pivot' ?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

America ? its just a country, some land mass.. I am not angry at that.

What I am angry at.. is the political driven anti Trump media..

Elaborate, America is a land mass... with a population who have had the wool pulled over their eyes and been under the control of some of the most greedy, warmongering, dishonest tyrants this planet has ever witnessed, for decades. And you simply say "what I am angry at.. is the political driven anti Trump media..", wake up man.

Without a doubt, to everyone else on the planet with sense, it's one lie after another lie, and has been so with almost every war and global conflict since WW2, land of the free? Please, it's land of the blood stained dollar

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Does this mean you guys will stop dressing like us?

Cause you are still dressing like us.

And they love rap music too.

Yes, conscious rap that critizes the "U"S and it´s society!
Like conscious rap in other nations around the world does critize their own societies too.

Maybe many people around the world like Rap music because most "U"S americans don´t, because it´s not completely white and because it´s coming from the underdogs, the more badly treated people of a society that critize the society.

Btw, music is an international language...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yes , and understandably so.

Understandably nothing. People keep coming illegally to USA crossing a desert on foot or sailing a sea full of sharks in rafts.

Why?...., because they want to be in the greatest country of the world. They don't go China.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I know in one of our biggest Asian allies the Philippines Obama destroyed our relationship. It's getting better under Trump but Obama already forced them to China.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Does this mean you guys will stop dressing like us?

Cause you are still dressing like us.

And they love rap music too.

Yes, conscious rap that critizes the "U"S and it´s society!
Like conscious rap in other nations around the world does critize their own societies too.

Maybe many people around the world like Rap music because most "U"S americans don´t, because it´s not completely white and because it´s coming from the underdogs, the more badly treated people of a society that critize the society.

Btw, music is an international language...

No, they want to look like us and they like McDonald's too. We export our junk and they buy it.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What you say is undeniable. If you were asked how much of that would you say is driven by state largesse?

a reply to: Trueman

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
See, that´s it, Rap is junk for you average "U"S citizens, that´s why we like it here too!

To that McDonalds thing, you have stupid people everywhere. But we are not stupid enough yet, we eat normal things and maybe a burger menu(from Burger King, they are better here) once in several months. If i want a real, an original hamburger(think about the name!) i go to the next butcher and buy a Frikadellenbrötchen, made from fresh meat.

If we would eat as much of that junk like you do, we really would look like you and would need to wear XXXXXXXXXLarge clothes, but the realtiy tells us something different!

edit on 10 2 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 2 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Shhh, we're trying to contain and isolate China.

Haven't you heard of the 'Asian Pivot' ?

With good reason.
www.voxbikol.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Rap is junk because most rap has a disgusting message.

link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Since I don't live in America I may see a different view on how the people here and in Asia see America as a country that will come to their aide.
Sad to say but in Asia, China seems to have more respect then America because America 'The Coalition of the Willing' still uses bullets to enforce freedom on the country they invade.

Despite popular public opinion, The US doesn't go it alone when it comes to the Dept of Warpig - it's big business spread across multiple allies, and comparing China to the US regarding bullets and humans is like comparing apples to apples.
edit on 10/2/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

link   

Respect is in the eye of the beholder. It is subjective and based on various criteria, depending on their own perspective. No matter what we do or don't do, someone is not going to be happy and not going to "respect" us.

So the real question is: Should we care who does or doesn't "respect" us? Or should we be more concerned with doing and being respectable in our own eyes?

In my opinion, we have been in decline for a long time. Our once moral exceptionalism was based on our respect for the sanctity of life. Not "this" life or "that" life. Just life itself. And by extension, valuing each and every person for their own inherent worth. When we threw away our respect for all life, we threw away our moral exceptionalism. When we stopped protecting and defending life, and became the aggressors taking lives -- including innocent lives -- we became what we claimed to hate most.

Some folks will "respect" us for that. Others won't. I'm with those who won't and don't.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

See, that´s it, Rap is junk for you average "U"S citizens, that´s why we like it here too!

Yep, I don't like it neither but not because the protest context. I'm 100% rock and roll.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Hahaha..., you have to try Wendy's. Best Chilli ever, add a baked potato aside.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Understandably nothing. People keep coming illegally to USA crossing a desert on foot or sailing a sea full of sharks in rafts. Why?...., because they want to be in the greatest country of the world. They don't go China.

Of course they do but they are fleeing poverty and oppression , those of us lucky enough to live in stable western democracies see the fall of a once great nation and laugh at the three card trick that is MAGA.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Just scroll through our president's Twitter page for a bit. I don't expect anyone to respect us.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Just scroll through our president's Twitter page for a bit. I don't expect anyone to respect us.

zing..

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Funny this subject comes up now. I have a friend who is constantly shuttling back and forth to China. He just commented on the average citizen of China he's in contact with on a daily basis. He posted that it's the U.S. left that they're laughing at. Not the current administration.

Granted, their media is filtered as ours. Seems that those quite bright oriental gentlemen see things similarly to Trump and his supporters.

For those of you outside the U.S., Trump's numbers are up to 49% which are higher than Obama's numbers after the first year in office.

Based on my understanding, I'd say the results 'respect and popularity-wise' are as mixed outside the U.S. as inside.

Just my opinion, though.

edit on 10-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

All while the media demonizes Trump all day long which will have an impact on his numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join