It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America on the decline of world respect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Since I don't live in America I may see a different view on how the people here and in Asia see America as a country that will come to their aide.
Sad to say but in Asia, China seems to have more respect then America because America still uses bullets to enforce freedom on the country they invade.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

old bill Clinton was a twit, but a charmer and could negotiate.

im afraid the deterioration started with Bush, compounded under 0bama ( his latter term ), and now here we are.

i think Trump's heart is in the right place, unfortunately he chose to surround himself with the very 'yes men' he wanted to keep out of the government.

you can't run a country like a hedge fund... the frailty of politics is the weakness of the business minded. when it comes to running a successful country,
respect is earned, not via profit margins, and never given.

Trump was expecting the welcome of a CEO who took a company from the red, and bring it back to the green... theres more to politics, money however intricately woven, is not all it takes to lead a country.

Reagan can attest.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

If you want to understand America, follow the money and bullets. We elect representatives who are bought by war lobbyists and rich people, like Koch brothers. They get to walk the legislatures halls, get together at wonderful retreats like Davos, Trump golf courses, and everybody is sleeping with somebody’s wife. What’s not to respect.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Does this mean you guys will stop dressing like us?

Cause you are still dressing like us.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Asian countries respect China because China is Asian too. Pretty obvious. Similar culture, proximity.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

And they love rap music too.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Nope, the world is learning to respect us again. Their just pissed that they don’t have a bowing clown to push around anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
America was well-respected, many years ago. As where anyone could go, have freedom, and build a home, and raise a family, all in peace.

Not even close to it, anymore

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There's a reason why many Canadian travelers will sew a Canadian flag on their backpack when abroad.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

sorry to all of my American mates on this site, but where the bloody hell have you been for the for the last 17 years , 5 months and 2 days ?

Hence M.A.G.A....
he's trying, but no one will give him a damn chance

You can thank the giganet for friggin up the future of normality.....

#we're-all-fooked

Thanks Suckerburger,

Jobs, your gone, but not un-noticed.....

grrrrr

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

America ? its just a country, some land mass.. I am not angry at that.

What I am angry at.. is the political driven anti Trump media..

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Is America on the decline of world respect

Yes , and understandably so.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The most powerful countries in the world all have their own problems that should be utterly embarassing as a whole. The U.S. is full of narcissism and pedophilia. Russia is the worlds most powerful trailer-park ran by gangsters and consumed by vodka. China is a factory of dog eating slaves covered in pollution. Japan is the worlds nuclear waste depository but they're all consumed with little girls in school outfits and having sex with robots. The Middle East walk around in pajamas all day and treat women like garbage. Austrailia seems pretty cool though.

My point is...we can generalize other countries and choose to respect them or disrespect them, but that's not fair to the real people who make it work. Most people in America are good people. Most Russians are good people. Most of the world is good surrounded by the bad. And usually the bad make the headlines and become the representation of the people whether we like it or not. When was the last time you heard on the news "6 billion people around the world didn't murder, rape or steal today"?

Politically, sure...it's a mess. Blame who you wanna blame. And 'technically' politicians are representative of the people, but realistically they are usually just charismatic leaches who are backed by the most money and work on self-interest rather than community-interest. But that's what power and money do to people and I'd love to learn of a country who's politicians aren't corrupt and obsessed with power.

When I look at the TV, I see how the world might laugh at the US and disrespect us. But when I turn off the tv and go outside I only see friendly people living their lives and birds chirping in the background. That's where I get my assumptions and generalizations from.

edit on 10-2-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
We didn't think America could be a bigger laughing stock than it was under Dubya. But here we are with Trump.

And. Yeah. Sorry, laughing stock. Sorry to say, America is a great nation filled with great people. But your politics are a farce.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There is massive separation between the way a population is viewed compared to its government. In the UK most reasonable people can tell the difference between Americans and their politicians who are viewed with the same contempt as our own representatives. With the exception of the dumb ass pussy hatters and soyboys, ordinary American people are thought well of where I live.
edit on 10-2-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

It could be worse.

We could be irrelevant like Scotland.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
As stated above.

Every country is screwed up. Seams like a trend. Maybe it has to do with people.
edit on 10-2-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

If everything that was going on right now was a movie, America would be the secret bad guys posing as the good guys with an agenda to control the world. It looks like they've got their fingers in everybody else's pie because they have, they are the cause of world turmoil.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Really? Didn´t see many peple here with clothes in XXXXXXXLarge that show the "U"S flag. Or wear Stetsons and cowboy boots. Is "america"("U"SA i guess) known for it´s "aussumn" fashion designers? I am not a fashionist or hipster, but even i know names like Lagerfeld, Boss and Versace, but i never heard of a Smith or Baker or any name of a known fashion designer that sounds like an "U"S american name. I know that capitols of that fashion stuff are Milan and Paris and not LA or Boston. Just coincidences or is the world just to stupid to accept that the "U"SA is the cream of the crop, for everything?

Isn´t it reality that you dress like the rest of the world, copied everything that was there before and changed it maybe a bit, like you did with food and act as if you invented molten cheese, noodles, bacon, hamburgers and stuff? You needed a Levi Strauss to make jeans out of average trousers. Is it that what you mean, because people all around the world wear trousers made from jeans cloth? So people before the jeans never wore trousers and you invited them, weared trousers first? Or did "you"(Levi) just make a trouser too, from different cloth and with some rivets?

You have a "culture" of around 400 years, but the rest of the world dresses like you? Were the people all naked before the "U"SA appeared and printed US flags on everything?

You wear shirts, trousers, hats, shoes, jackets, ties, scarfs etc, it seems that your people like to dress like the rest of the world!

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Painterz

It could be worse.

We could be irrelevant like Scotland.

You are about to get hit very hard for that. The Porridgew#gs are drunk on their own super-inflated sense of worth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join