It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli F-16 down amid clashes in the Golan Heights

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: The one?

The targeted aircraft was doing BDA so he stayed fairly high attempting to get a good look. The Syrian batteries salvo fired at him and he couldn't avoid them all.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: The one?
Zaphod is correct with his take. The 1st strike package run intro trouble when they attacked the Iranian drone base deep inside Syria and at least one aircraft stayed up to observe the strike.

Rough timeline:
abload.de...

Locations:
abload.de...

edit on 13-2-2018 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Great, thanks guys.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: tiredoflooking

In a lot of ways this incident may have served to calm things down a bit because it's going to make the Israelis FAR less likely to go off half cocked, and will likely slow down even their operational tempo of launching missiles off planes technically in Israeli airspace which then strike well inside Syria.

The Syrians, Iranians, Hezbollah, and the Lebanese government have all basically made it clear that if they have to they will fire missiles into Israeli airspace to get at aircraft launching at them from this airspace.

That's probably a good thing.

I hope you are right, that things calm down, and don't escalate as Bibi tries to draw distraction away from his impending corruption charges!

I find your interpretation so far to be very insightful and myself find these topics way more interesting than Valentine's Day lol. I am the female half of a couple and would much rather spend the evening discussing subjects like these than anything else! I also ask my other half to save the flower buying etc. For some other day of the year when it's just spontaneous...way more romantic

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Misjudgment, not negligence, behind downing of F16 – report

An error of judgment by the crew, rather than negligent behavior, is reportedly expected to be the focus of the findings of an investigation into the downing of an Israeli F-16 fighter jet by a Syrian anti-aircraft missile on February 10.

The pilot and navigator acted according to the wrong priorities when they continued to guide a missile they fired rather than fly lower as soon as the missile had locked on, an Israeli Air Force investigation team will tell the force’s chief, Maj. Gen. Amikam Norkin, Wednesday afternoon, Channel 10 news reported Monday.

www.timesofisrael.com...

Looks like the official version presented to the public is to blame the pilots for flying too high for too long. I could think of a couple of more things gone wrong but ah well ...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join