It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking. Syrian forces shot down Israel airforce F16

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
due to strikes on Syrian last night that had no effect whatsoever.

And you know this how? Lol.
By the way, as for 2006, can you put an example of a single city in Israel that looked like Beiruth after the war? Only an idiot would call that a win for the Hezbollah. What have they achieved exactly other than the fear of hell to launch anything into Israel again?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The only reason this hasn't happened much more frequently in the past is because Israel and the US have been playing a very dirty game with Russia and Syria.

The USA and Russia give out each others transponder ID's in order to make sure they don't shoot one anothers air assets down. Russia (and Syria) don't wanna shoot down US jets because that'd be a very stupid move obviously.

What nobody knew until a few days ago is:
The USA gave Israel their transponder codes (the ones they knew Russia/Syria won't shoot down) and Israeli F-15's and 16's used said transponder codes on their bombing runs.
Russian and Syrian SAM sites believed those were USAF strikers and bombers and didn't shoot them down (they also came in from the same direction as genuine USAF jets to fool the SAMs further).

But now that the cat is out of the bag, and Russia has stated they no longer see an ethical problem with providing S-300s and other advanced anti-air systems to Syria, Israel can expect their jets getting splashed over Syria more often. International-Law wise, Russia and Syria are fully within their rights to bring down ANY bandits that are in violation of Syrian sovereign airspace. Syria as a sovereign nation obviously has this right by default like any other nation, and Russia, being in Syria after an official request by the internationally-recognized Syrian government also has the backing of international law to shoot down any and all illegal invaders if requested to do so by the Syrian government.
The USA/NATO are not an exception and are currently operating in Syria illegally (what else is new?) but shooting those platforms down will obviously be extremely risky for Russia/Syria.

If Israel doesn't want to lose jets, then they should stop their illegal bombings. Simple as that.

IT--
edit on 10-5-2018 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: edog11

No, they didn't. They use a deconfliction line to tell each other when they're operating near each other. IFF systems aren't universal and US interrogators wouldn't necessarily be compatible with Russian systems and vice versa.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Kindly not mistake me for someone naive regarding this topic. And with due respect that's a load of BS. Disinfo or misinfo; you pick which.

You are claiming Russian SIGINT/SAM/EW platforms can't successfully IFF American transponders *IF THEY KNOW THE EXACT PROTOCOLS & ENCRYPTION* and vice verse because they are "not necessarily compatible"? Whaa??

IFF spoofing is not just possible, it's been done to death by black ops helicopters many, many times, and it's also not very hard to interrogate a transponder, be it American tech or Russian tech; granted you know the language/code/freq and protocols.

The core of the matter you to my surprise seem to be distracting from is that agreements were made between US/NATO and Russia concerning identify friendly or foe protocols to prevent escalation, using the transponder IDs when possible and other means when not possible or wanted, and those agreements have been violated to fool Syria and Russia into allowing Israeli strikes to take place under a false flag~ the US flag.

IT--

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Kindly not mistake me for someone naive regarding this topic. And with due respect that's a load of BS. Disinfo or misinfo; you pick which.

You are claiming Russian SIGINT/SAM/EW platforms can't successfully IFF American transponders *IF THEY KNOW THE EXACT PROTOCOLS & ENCRYPTION* and vice verse because they are "not necessarily compatible"? Whaa??

IFF spoofing is not just possible, it's been done to death by black ops helicopters many, many times, and it's also not very hard to interrogate a transponder, be it American tech or Russian tech; granted you know the language/code/freq and protocols.

The core of the matter you to my surprise seem to be distracting from is that agreements were made between US/NATO and Russia concerning identify friendly or foe protocols to prevent escalation, using the transponder IDs when possible and other means when not possible or wanted, and those agreements have been violated to fool Syria and Russia into allowing Israeli strikes to take place under a false flag~ the US flag.

IT--

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I keep forgetting how many military experts we have that how everything about how every piece of equipment works. You keep right on believing that then.

edit on 5/10/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: edog11

Beautifully stated, and I could not agree more.

I wish I could star this 1000 times !

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
Beautifully stated, and I could not agree more.

You mean you can't hope more that it's real. It's not, it's an unbelievably stupid claim.

They didn't shoot them down because they identified them as US jets. Ok. What about the 300th bombing run? Haven't learned the trick yet?

So stupid it makes my head hurts seeing how invested in that reality he is.

Oh and btw Russia recently stated Syria "doesn't need" any S-300 because they "got what they need already". Seems to me the Russians don't wanna risk their late S systems being seen as failures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join