It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The budget bill signed by President Trump killed yet another Obamacare provision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Looks like one of the "provisions" in the new Budget Bill signed into law today has a piece that eliminates another part of "Obama.Care".

Yeah, they cut out the Independent Payment Advisory Board !!

That was the thing they called a "Death Panel" (aka "Coffin Maker" ⚰)

I forget the details of the IPAB or if it was even funded.

But apparently now it's "repealed".

The budget bill signed by President Trump killed yet another Obamacare provision

Despite what we keep reading in the “news” media about the failure of the GOP to repeal Obamacare, congressional Republicans and President Trump are steadily dismembering the justly reviled healthcare law, limb by pernicious limb. The latest appendage to be lopped off was among its most dangerous — the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). IPAB was designed by the law’s authors as a rationing board composed of unelected bureaucrats vested with the power to “recommend” reductions in Medicare payments to doctors and hospitals. This would have inevitably reduced access to care for the elderly. That dangerous Obamacare provision was repealed this morning.

What’s so dangerous about a board that recommends cost-cutting measures for an expensive program like Medicare? Well, for starters, it would have literally taken an act of Congress to reject its recommendations. In theory, IPAB would have only proposed changes to Medicare payment rates. In practice, however, the board’s recommendations would have taken effect automatically unless Congress passed alternative legislation that “saved” the same amount of money designated appropriate by IPAB and the President signed it into law. Moreover, both houses of Congress as well as the White House would have had to take these actions with uncharacteristic alacrity.
😱

HR 1892

edit on Feb-09-2018 by xuenchen because: 👁👀

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think this IPAB board ever met. Obama gave them too much power over people's life and death. It was never funding by Congress, if memory serves.

Sarah Palin surely feels vindicated. She's the one who labeled the IPAB as a "death panel", when running as John McCain's VP candidate. Liberal Media chewed her up for accusing Obama of this atrocity.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Too bad that so-called budget also killed the notion of "fiscal responsibility" while they were at it.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23131382]xuenchen[/postis

Being on social security and medicare has been a concern. There were some proposals intended to be submitted this year. None the less we have been under the obamacare laws till now

2015 and 2016, no Social Security raise. 2016...minimal raise ( .05% ) for me it was $5 and all went to medicare. 2017 about 2% raise (this is per month) and all went to medicare. Medicare went from 111 in 2017 (from starting point of 100 in 2010) to 134 per month in 2018.

I am royally PO'd about this. All avg SS raises are simply to pay our medicare.

As of 2010, I was told Medicare was subsidized 600-700 per month per person

Somehow I am not thinking this is going to help.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Too bad that so-called budget also killed the notion of "fiscal responsibility" while they were at it.

A sacrifice had to be made to get rid of Obama's DEATH PANEL....

A small price to pay to reinstate a little bit of decency back into our country.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I didn’t read where this panel was to make medical decisions per individual patient, to kill one or not.
This was a cost saving panel, recommending actions against waste and abuse. Isn’t the Republican plan to cut spending on safety net programs coming next?
What difference who pulls the trigger.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Very Very Serious 😑

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Great, you guys are catching up to Canada in health care. Maybe? Sort of?

edit on 10-2-2018 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Very Very Serious 😑

Indeed. Here is the real death panel:

“House Speaker Paul Ryan and other top Republican leaders, fresh off a tax bill that is estimated to add at least $1 trillion to the national debt, are already sounding the alarm about an out-of-control deficit problem. Their targets for closing the gap include Social Security, Medicare, and food stamps.”

You can label just about anything a death panel, simple Sarah and toddler trump get it.

Add source. www.vox.com...
edit on 10-2-2018 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Yes,and you see how great Canada is doing,I heard their medical is like in the UK,if your old,your screwed,I worked for Canadians,and many friends and family from there

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yes,and you see how great Canada is doing,I heard their medical is like in the UK,if your old,your screwed,I worked for Canadians,and many friends and family from there

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Like H#$l it was. My doc fessed up to me before he retired, in Sept. that my medicines which I pay 100% for out of my back pocket, were forced on him by the Fed. Gov't. He put some extra crow tracks into my records so I could pay a little more and get a time release version of one med. This has partially solved some problems keeping me within 50 yards or so of my facilities, at home. At least it's kept me from flushing out too much Potassium, and making me woozy all the time.

He had to fold his practice into a local hospital's system, but it was the Feds, not the care providers, forcing everyone into Rx'ing these bottom of the barrel meds. If too many decent Rx's were written, the Health Providers would lose a big part of their Fed Matching Funds. This is Medicare, part O.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Doctors pass the blame and lie like everyone else.
That sounds fabricated.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Yeah but seeing we in the UK live longer than you folks in the USA our commie socialized medicine must be doing something right.
Plus our dental hygiene is better.
I wouldn't be slagging off Canadas healthcare system either seeing they also live longer.
edit on 12-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yeah but seeing we in the UK live longer than you folks in the USA our commie socialized medicine must be doing something right.
Plus our dental hygiene is better

I love it. Keep busting those stereotypes, brother. What are you gonna do with your extra years?

link   

edit on 12-2-2018 by Zelun because: Double Post!

link   

edit on 12-2-2018 by Zelun because: Triple Post!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
And, if that's not enough good news, they also canned the GOP's decades-long commitment to end deficit spending. So much for the party of fiscal responsibility.

The Trump GOP :: the new tax-and-spend party.

top topics

join