It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage: Deep State Tanked The Market To Undermine Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This is the second thread about a self proclaimed conservative pundit blaming the democrats for the market drop.

What do you expect them to say? Is this starting a constructive debate? I'll answer that for you, no.

This country is in a never ending tail chase between the two parties, both using logical fallacies to defend their tribe.

You're not helping.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I guess their intended audience doesn't realize that the talking heads must consider them complete idiots to believe the crap they spew, that or truly a case of the moronic leading the mindless.

Michael Savage has a networth of $18 million. Limbaugh earns close to that amount a year. Hannity? Not sure but it's in the millions.

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

...Russian Collusion, 911 was an inside job, Racism is behind all criticism of Obama, white privilege, psychological evaluations pulled from the asses of tv shrinks, falling for anything that confirms their audiences' biases...

There's an old saying advising people who reside in glass houses shouldn't take up stone throwing as a passtime.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: smurfy
originally posted by: Southern Guardian

People have been talking about the overreach in the stock markets for a long time now...does nobody listen to nuttin!
In a word, it was overvalued big time!

The Stock market was the only game in town during the Quantitative Easings that happened. It's no shock that the stock market climbed to where it did. It was almost a given with the near zero interest rates we've had. If it weren't for Q.E. the stock market would be far lower than it is. Q.E. caused this stock bubble. The Trump gains in the market aren't due to Q.E. but other economic policies.

Er, um, naah! I can't be bothered....

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Okay I relent lulz only because I've been at this for over 10 years and it hasn't crashed so maybe the fed are gods sitting on mt. olympus.

Who knows right?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have no respect for self proclaimed fence sitters who frequent thread to thread whining about the two party system how posters should shut up and not post opinions cause they're not helping.

What's more amusing this delusional idea that if you claim not to lean on either side, somehow you're more objective regardless of your history.

If one was smart enough they'd realise they're doing me wonders by actually replying to my thread and giving it attention.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

SG, what caused the market drop? It's a valid question.

Errant algorithms.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

What about Fox news? Or Rush Limbaugh? Or Trump himself? What about Breitbart?

Well, honestly those linked arguments are tremendously different than your OP's "it's the deep state" insane ramblings of Savage. There's a lot of logic in what Hannity and Trump are saying and, frankly, it gels with what most expert analysts are saying about the current turbulence. The "growth" of the 6 years prior to 2016 was largely stock growth only. Wages were stagnant, full time job creation was extremely weak, and the Federal Reserve was artificially keeping things afloat via repeated quantitative easing and keeping the interest rates ridiculously low. Last year we saw actual growth outside of the market... full time job creation boomed, wages went up, confidence soared, and we are seeing the market respond to this good news with fear that the Fed will start raising rates, that inflation will soon be seen and, let's be real honest here, the years of QE by the Fed will eventually catch up to us all and the inflationary whallop those actions will carry will not be pleasant for America. QE and years of near zero rates happened with Obama in office... who else are you going to tag that on?

Trump's comments are, again, not far from what analysts (people who get paid a lot of money to be right most of the time and lose a lot of money when they're wrong) are saying. This market correction is a victim of a selection of solidly healthy economic indicators found well outside of the DOW Jones.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The fed raisin Interest rates. Im gonna raise my 403b by 220/month. I hope it drops some more. Love the tax cut!
a reply to: pavil

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I guess their intended audience doesn't realize that the talking heads must consider them complete idiots to believe the crap they spew, that or truly a case of the moronic leading the mindless.

Michael Savage has a networth of $18 million. Limbaugh earns close to that amount a year. Hannity? Not sure but it's in the millions.

Go figure.

Hey subverting a nation is expensive, spare no expense.

K~

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Wait wait wait a minute. If the "deep state" can tank the market at will and they hate Trump. Then why did they allow the market to get to were it was in the first place?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I have no respect for self proclaimed fence sitters who frequent thread to thread whining about the two party system how posters should shut up and not post opinions cause they're not helping.

I don't need respect. But using a pundit who's job is literally to play the emotional strings of both sides using dodgy talking points is hardly a reference.

You started this thread to pick a fight, who cares what Michael Savage said? The concervatives don't even care. He's washed up, a has been.

The two parties bicker while they're both corrupt by the same donors accomplishing the same agendas.

Obama mine as well had Bush for his last name.

Yet both sides defend the corruption just so their tribe can win.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I somehow doubt that Savage's career in radio is responsible for that $18 Mil. His son is the founder of Rockstar Energy drink and is worth something like $4 Billion...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Just for the record, Michael Savage is a fool. I'll never forget or forgive him saying that we in the US should kill 100 million Muslims.

Screw that guy. He even talks against "anchor babies" even though his parents were Russian Jewish immigrants, making him and his siblings literal "anchor babies". In other words, the dude has no integrity and will just say whatever he thinks will sell to his audience.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

They keep putting off a real correction when they come back in and lower interest rates, eventually, probably this next crash, will be one they can't fix. Because they kept rates too low for too long

I feel that bears repeating. Spot on with your obsevation.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Oh look, the right-wing version of ignoring what the market is actually saying.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
savage must read ATS. I posted that theory days ago

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

From a number of sources, worries about future inflation, the deficit (caused by these recent tax cuts) and general market confidence. It's funny isn't it? The corporate tax rate was cut to record lows not to long ago yet investors are running for the hills.

What do you think is the cause Pavil?

The tax cuts only marginally add to the deficit, if they'll add to it at all. To get the $1.5T number, CBO only assumed 1.9% average GDP growth over the next 10 years. I don't know why they used that number. You'd be hard-pressed to find any 10-year period where US GDP growth averaged that low.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I somehow doubt that Savage's career in radio is responsible for that $18 Mil. His son is the founder of Rockstar Energy drink and is worth something like $4 Billion...

Good Lord all those energy drink people are worth tons.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

Wait wait wait a minute. If the "deep state" can tank the market at will and they hate Trump. Then why did they allow the market to get to were it was in the first place?

Didn't you hear? Obama was responsible for all the gains. For a year, and 2 extra weeks for some reason. The date the downturns started is when it became Trump's economy, coincidentally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join