It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage: Deep State Tanked The Market To Undermine Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You can pretty much forget about the president ever being held accountable by his supporters. To do such a thing would be an affront to ideological sensitivies.

We all know full well when the markets did well last year the Talking heads and supporters (including Trump himself) made no hesitation to claim success. But now it's a complete 360. It's been over a year now since the Trump administration assumed office with a GOP congressional majority so at what point do you assume responsibility? It's been pointed out that Obama supporters have taken credit for the markets last year but difference here is that we're discussing the current administration and their actions. In my view if the markets are doing good this year, Trump is within his right to take credit but if it's not, and if jobs are still being shipped out, I have to ask why?

It's been a long list of contradictions by Trump himself and his ardent supporters about the economy.

In his 2016 campaign Trump and supporters called the unemployment figures 'fake' under the Obama administration and claimed the real unemployment figure was closer to 40%. Yet in 2017, Trump's first year in office, he praised himself and his administration for those exact same figures pointing to a 4.1% unemployment rate.

Trump railed against the inaction of the Obama administration on immigration, citing the fact american jobs were being stolen. Never mind the fact his very own Mar-a-Lago successfully gained 70 Visas for foreign workers. And Trump was railing at legal immigrants taking jobs and Americans not being put first under the previous administration.

What's even more amusing, neither of Trumps companies have announced they'll be bringing back jobs to America. Gee what a surprise huh? This after the $1.5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy and Corporate rate cut. Trump's very own companies continue to have their products manufactured in the likes of Bangladesh and China.

At what point do you hold the president accountable I ask? How long are people going to continue to distract and sweep this BS under the rug I ask? Where's that point?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

SG, what caused the market drop? It's a valid question.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

From a number of sources, worries about future inflation, the deficit (caused by these recent tax cuts) and general market confidence. It's funny isn't it? The corporate tax rate was cut to record lows not to long ago yet investors are running for the hills.

What do you think is the cause Pavil?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
You can pretty much forget about the president ever being held accountable by his supporters. To do such a thing would be an affront to ideological sensitivies.
weep this BS under the rug I ask? Where's that point?

Wasn't unexpected to be sure...to be sure...and, it only takes one dickhead to make the meme, now we're gonna have to listen to the multi diatribes, and probably an inspired tweet from yer man.

People have been talking about the overreach in the stock markets for a long time now...does nobody listen to nuttin!
In a word, it was overvalued big time!
edit on 9-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Fed rate hike and fear of more to come PLUS automated trading. The pull back is healthy and in a couple months new records.

I really doubt deep state involvement because they know they could only make short term problems this way.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
DP AGAIN. Sorry
edit on 9-2-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

SG, what caused the market drop? It's a valid question.

Markets are currently forming a top. Bull markets don't last forever there are bull markets and then bear markets. The bull markets are going higher and higher then leading to more severe bear markets because of all the credit the banks are shoving into the economy.

The fed kept interest rates near zero percent for almost 8 years during Obama's presidency. Whenever they raise rates corporations can't roll their debt so they have to sell off assets to make bond payments or default. It's not rocket science.

The threshold this cycle is about 3% on 10-year treasury bonds, that is the 'bedrock' financial asset for our economic system.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Fed rate hike and fear of more to come PLUS automated trading. The pull back is healthy and in a couple months new records.

I really doubt deep state involvement because they know they could only make short term problems this way.

1/2 right, yes the fed hiking rates is going to set off another market crash. No the markets won't pull back, they'll go up and down for a couple months then we'll get another bear market.

This expansion is the second longest in US history, bull markets don't last forever that is delusional thinking.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Cool Chart

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Well that’s what makes the market work. Nobody knows for sure but everyone has an opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

From a number of sources, worries about future inflation, the deficit (caused by these recent tax cuts) and general market confidence. It's funny isn't it? The corporate tax rate was cut to record lows not to long ago yet investors are running for the hills.

What do you think is the cause Pavil?

People and Banks have gotten used to near nothing interest rates. We need to get back to business as usual and that means real Interest rates.

That being said, rates have been rising, it's nothing new, it started at the end of the Obama Administration. It's a concern but not one that triggers a relatively decent size drop. There wasn't any new news that should have caused the drop. General market confidence is still strong, employment and wage gains and GDP are growing. Part of increased wages is a chance of increased inflation.

The Economy is still chugging along, picking up speed rather than slowing down. That always worries the talking heads if it overheats. There's talk of flirting with 4.0% GDP. A good solid infrastructure bill should put us over that 4% mark.

We do need to watch our budget.... Both parties want to spend more than we should.

The only thing I would say could have caused this drop is fear of the economy doing too good and causing inflation and interest rates to rise. Its a balancing act and we've been conditioned to think anything over 3.0 GDP is not sustainable long-term. I think we can easily do better than that and keep all the balls in the air at the same time if Congress works together on solid economic policies. These 6 week spending bills have to stop.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Well that’s what makes the market work. Nobody knows for sure but everyone has an opinion.

Okay you liked the first chart here's another

This isn't normal it's all artificial engineered by the fed and commercial banks.

They keep putting off a real correction when they come back in and lower interest rates, eventually, probably this next crash, will be one they can't fix. Because they kept rates too low for too long.

Larger size so you can read the text at the bottom: i.imgur.com...

edit on 9-2-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Look at that second chart I posted, every time you get a parabolic expansion it ends in a crash. There are 3 legs to any parabolic distribution, the first leg is fairly horizontal and builds slowly over time then you have an intermediate portion and finally a vertical asymptotic line.

The DOW exhibited the final vertical portion in the past year, it will break down and most likely not recover for over a decade.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Make you a deal, SG... please don't judge us based on the lunatic ramblings of Michael Savage or Alex Jones and we won't judge you based on the equally assbrained insanity that spews out of Keith Olberman or Bill Maher or even Chris "Barack, Baby, Send Your Thrill up muh Leg" Matthews. Deal?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

People have been talking about the overreach in the stock markets for a long time now...does nobody listen to nuttin!
In a word, it was overvalued big time!

The Stock market was the only game in town during the Quantitative Easings that happened. It's no shock that the stock market climbed to where it did. It was almost a given with the near zero interest rates we've had. If it weren't for Q.E. the stock market would be far lower than it is. Q.E. caused this stock bubble. The Trump gains in the market aren't due to Q.E. but other economic policies.

edit on 9-2-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You can't fight a growing economy by reducing share value. Economy will always win, along with the President who's responsible.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

EEK! Dow Demons did it.

What a coincidental number to end up on that first day. No?

So cute.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
No surprise, the right wing talking heads constantly push the most ignorant of ideas on their intended audience.

Benghazi, pizzagate, uranium one, seth rich, birtherism, the latest "MEMO", need I go on.

I guess their intended audience doesn't realize that the talking heads must consider them complete idiots to believe the crap they spew, that or truly a case of the moronic leading the mindless.

K~

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Another cool chart however opinions very.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What about Fox news? Or Rush Limbaugh? Or Trump himself? What about Breitbart?

You don't want me to judge you by lunatics on your side yet it appears when we get rid of the lunatics you have nobody left to source your arguments from.

Throw Olbermann and Maher under the bus. It doesn't concern me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join