It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is a snapshot of what's wrong with the economy.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
a reply to: seasonal

What we need is deflation not pay increases. 3 years ago :

Mcdonalds had dollar menu --> today $2 and up = +100%
Pringles 88cents --> today $1.50 = 48%

Now do this for insurance, rent, water, electricity, Cola, gas, etc............. Everything went up by a lot in only the last 3 years. So there is 2 ways of looking at this, increase pay, or let prices reflect reality (which government can't ever let happen).

Lol and people who cry that raising min wage will raise everything else.
Min wage stays the same, raising a quarter ever 5 years if that, and yet COL prices across the board rise connnnnnnmstantly.
Not min wagers fault at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

My rent is 92.50 a week and water, gas, heat, net and cable is included. I make 10 an hour yet I invest, put 15% of my check into my 401k, have 3 savings, a Roth Ira and still have money left over. My town doesn't have much crime at all small town. You can get a 4bdrm house for 50k that looks like the 350k houses in more expensive suburbs. I used to live in Chicago burbs. I couldn't survive so I moved my son and me to a small town in Indiana. Gotta flow where the money works for you, not against you. Mortgages here at most are 350 a month.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I had to take a smaller picture and couldn't include all of the information to protect the identity of this poster from a jobs group I've been to lazy to take myself out of and my own of course.

Ok, now $13.00 an hour to me is nothing

The QA inspector typically ensures that the end user experience is a positive one which is hugely important to the brand of the company.

This job in Australia today would pay in todays labour market, $30 an hour.

Now I know why, at least one reason, why they are flooding the country with mid eastern countries, to reduce our wages to americian level.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
There are so many webs of debt in this country that we simply can not stop or slow the flow of them.

Rent control should come back. That is a big one. One thing I am sick of is the rising price of renting. I am not only talking about apartments. Houses are even worse with rent prices rising at the same rate as apartments. The gap between living in an apartment versus a house that is either owned by a company, or controlled by a private landlord is now in the 30's.

Apartment complexs are leading the charge in rent prices with house owners who are now on the up and up on these indexes are following closely with their rent prices. Some people are actually making a small profit per year on renting their houses, with some trying to turn their owned properties into their own piggy banks. It is becoming ridiculous.

Then you have insurance companies getting pulled by wall street.

And now you have other companies trying to pull back regulations. All the while we can not even afford to pay attention to the new kids on the block #ing things up.

There is too much chaos happening in the us.

It's broken.

I'm still waiting to see who even wants to attack america at this point. It is so chaotic that I think other countries, even if they wanted to attack us would probably be discouraged in putting forth any effort trying because every thing here is just #ed.

There are a whole lot of other things going on in this country that just makes me wish I could either rewind, or fast forward past this age. Just so I can stop living in this current state. America sucks right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

It's not just the U. S, this is happening in OZ, the U. K most of the western world is succumbing to greed, the way it's going a purge is not far on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Hmmm, yeah going to be hard to finish my degree without a phone and internet, I'm sure that's going to work

oh you did without a cellphone and internet in the 90's that's cute

I made do without a cell phone until 2012 when my company told me I had to have one. I have still never paid a full phone bill for mine because my company is paying most of it. If I ever have to pay 100%, I would probably drop it.

it sounds to me like you are the one who needs to get over themselves, typical response from someone when you give them a breakdown of what the basics cost in todays world and the gym membership for 22 and the cell phone and internet bills total up 102 total, big deal and the internet and cellphone are mandatory in todays world it's not over 2 decades ago anymore

No, it sounds like you have first world problems.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Get over yourselves.

Next time you use that snooty attitude on a low paid fast food worker and they spit in your burger or wipe their ass with one of the buns you can remind yourself while chowing down that its all their fault....

I am extremely courteous to fast-food workers. I used to be one, I know the crap they put up with.

If you were serving my food and went on about your problems, I would tell you exactly what I said after I paid for my food. Then I doubt I would ever come back that the store.

Cause/Effect, not Effect/Cause.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It says "Inspection Lead", not Manager or Director. That's probably a Team Leader position, which is at least 3 tiers below a General Manager.

It says inspection lead because, like many corps, they did away with alot of middle management and now the little people do the big work for low pay.

You wouldn't know that by looking at where I work (a corporation), which by the way used to be in the Quality testing and inspection group.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You can easily live off $13 n hour in Las Vegas.

Cost of living is cheap and no sales tax on non prepared food at the grocery store

Really just depends on the "Quality" of living one prefers.

If you can shop properly and budget properly then you can easily live off $13 n hour here.

edit on 11-2-2018 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What is wrong with the economy is the case of the owner making 20000 times the wages of the average employee and the other higher-ups making hundreds of thousands or millions more than the 30-60 thousand dollar employees who actually do the work and labor. Pay people what they are worth or get ready for another revolution is what the economy is coming to. Me thinks there be a economic revolution on the rise and it starts here. in this moment in this now realize there is about to be another Boston tea party. On taxes and pay if the company had 5 workers and everyone made 13 dollars an hour and the owner made 3 million that year things are messed up and need to be even out the top 1 percent own 96 percent of the wealth. I have spoken out at work and made my statement I got a good raise I do 3 times the work of a regular employee I'm hyperactive. I should make more for that should be different tears of work levels. Now I make more than manager they couldn't afford to lose me or hire 4 other people. Stake your claims on your jobs and prove your worth it will trickle down.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

My rent is 92.50 a week and water, gas, heat, net and cable is included. I make 10 an hour yet I invest, put 15% of my check into my 401k, have 3 savings, a Roth Ira and still have money left over.

for 370 a month you get everything included? how is that even possible??

forgive me for not believing you unless you live with your parents

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

No, it sounds like you have first world problems.

"First World Problems" is something straight out of the globalist dictionary that is being used all the time these days.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I had to take a smaller picture and couldn't include all of the information to protect the identity of this poster from a jobs group I've been to lazy to take myself out of and my own of course.

I've said it before - USA is pretty much all or nothing. Clean pools or flip burgers for next to nothing, waltz into Google where even the "apprentices" seem to make $100,000 per year, or make a medium yearly salary per DAY as Stephen Colbert does.

It does have to sort itself out - a system where Colbert would have to "share half with the homeless" isn't any more fair.

Meanwhile, the cost of education and living makes it seem as if there's an agenda to actually make sure "most people" end up uneducated and homeless - beacuse "they'll do everything we ask of them - for next to nothing!". Easy to fill the army when the alternatives are few.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

Getting a job at a tech company is rather trivial. If you're able to answer leetcode questions accurately, you're pretty much in.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I thought a 1.5 trillions in tax cuts was the answer. Weren’t we promised $4000 in raises?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So then the problem is cost of living, not the $13/hour lead position. Simple fix. Dismantle draconian federal/state regulations, snip the red tape, and reform taxes to a flat rate consumer tax, and you pocket more money while the cost of rent, groceries, and utilities drops.

There are little to no federal regs in third world countries. Want-a move?

I agree with a flat tax, if cost of living goes down so would the $13 an hour.

A flat tax? The guy making $13 an hour currently pays very little tax. Put in a 10% flat tax and now he makes the equivalent of $11.65 an hour. A falt tax is the solution for people who do not know how to think. Just them same as insurance across state lines, which has been tried before and failed greatly.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

11.65 an hour full time what's the problem?

No room to complain. Save five dollars every week ans by the time they are 90 the money they saved will be enouvh to live on.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join