It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden Acknowledges Europe Wanted no Part in Russian Sanctions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

At around 45:47 Biden states in the above video:

"We spent so much time, as you know – because I went to you for advice, we spent so much time on the phone making sure that everyone from, at the time, Hollande to Renzi to, wouldn’t walk away. They wanted no part of the sanctions on Russia. It had impact on them. It was basically "you gotta do it." And thank God, Merkel was strong enough at the time to…reluctantly (she didn’t like it either) to stand with us,..."

So there you have it, European countries wanted no part on the Russian sanctions that the Obama administration wanted to impose on Russia.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I have trouble trusting the words of CFR members...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well duh, look at how much natural gas Europe imports through the Eastern Block from Russia.

K~

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Europe depends a lot in Russian exports for example in energy resources, so it is common sense that they would not want sanctions on Russia because it would increase the price on the exports from Russia that European countries need. What this video shows is that under the Obama administration they were trying to strong arm Europe to do what the Obama administration wanted them to do.
edit on 9-2-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is one time (and the only time) I shall agree with Joe Biden . They get too much energy resources from Russia. Didnt Russia cut em off one time ? Dang near broke their backs ?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
US wants a bigger market share of Eu, all the away across the Atlantic. The Russians are already there, EU business depends on cheapest goods and services they can get. Despite NATO armor, exercises and missile shields to keep up animosity between Russian and Europe, they will work together. They have to to survive economically.

Whats america promise, more guns tanks and rockets?

The Warsaw Pact disbanded, the Soviets went home, the Russian threat to Western Europe is gone...

US should go home too.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They get too much energy resources from Russia. Didnt Russia cut em off one time ? Dang near broke their backs ?

Russia isn't sanctioning the world, the West, i.e., Eu and US (NATO) are.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Gothmog

They get too much energy resources from Russia. Didnt Russia cut em off one time ? Dang near broke their backs ?

Russia isn't sanctioning the world, the West, i.e., Eu and US (NATO) are.

You didnt read again , did you ?
If I remember right , some time ago Russia cut off natural gas to Western Europe. Again , dang near broke their backs . If Western Europe is not going along with the West's imposed sanctions , is it possible they fear a cut-off again ?
Understand now ?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
" And thank God, Merkel was strong enough at the time to…reluctantly (she didn’t like it either) to stand with us,..."

Who else if not that "U"S bot Merkel. I will never forget how she couldn´t fly fast enough to visit the former stable genius George W, to apologize for Germany not taking part in the iraq war. If she would have been Bundeskanzler at that time, she would have send german troops in that war that was based on cheap and disgusting lies. Just to kiss the transatlantic a$$ she would have done it.

Is it still Rumsfeld and his posse that pulls strings behind the curtains, like they pulled Geroge W´s strings?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So Biden is working with the russians to get the sanctions lifted?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
No, Biden, and others in the Obama administration were working to put the sanctions against Russia, but European countries did not want to take part on the sanctions.
edit on 9-2-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Because it hurt them economically.
Not because they didn't deserve it.
Do you think this somehow means they didn't hack the election?
Because that sure isn't what they were saying.
edit on 2102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
And can I point out...They still did it even though they didn't want to. Even though it hurt them so...ya know there's that...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: swanne

Europe depends a lot in Russian exports for example in energy resources, so it is common sense that they would not want sanctions on Russia because it would increase the price on the exports from Russia that European countries need. What this video shows is that under the Obama administration they were trying to strong arm Europe to do what the Obama administration wanted them to do.

And they did it. I thought the talking point was how weak Obama was?

If Trump strong-arms someone his supporters masturbate to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

well as i can remeber france and merkel are openly against TRUMPS foreign policies

edit on 10-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join