It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RACHEL BRAND - 3rd Highest Rank at the DOJ Has Resigned.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: burntheships

A "dream job" for Rachel Brand would be one where she can stab her bosses in the back.

Oh, look what I found. She was the FISA closer.

Associate AG Rachel Brand Discusses Importance of FISA Section 702 Reauthorization

Brand also addressed the matter of requiring warrants for queries of the intelligence data, which she said would prevent investigators from accessing information already collected. According to Brand, privacy concerns stemming from Edward Snowden's leaks have hindered reauthorization, and she argued that misconceptions about Section 702 drive those concerns.

freebeacon.com...

During the Obama administration she conducted an in-depth look at the 702
program in 2016. At the time, Brand told senators that the program was
"widely misunderstood."
edit on 9-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: carewemust

The PCLOB report recommended that the US end bulk data collection and that the FISA court judges' decision making "would be greatly enhanced if they could hear opposing views when ruling on requests to establish new surveillance programs"[19] to increase public confidence in intelligence and surveillance programs. It recommended that the government should attempt to promote more transparency to inform public debate on technology, national security, and civil liberties. To do this, to declassify the rulings and opinions of the FISA court and that a Special Advocate board should be formed in the FISA court. These measures would allow citizens to bring up surveillance concerns in court, challenge government surveillance proposals, and help keep the proceedings of the court more transparent.

en.wikipedia.org...

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
More evidence that Trump is incapable of running the government.

I guess you were in a Coma when Candidate Trump promised to drain the swamp? If so, what you are seeing, is BY DESIGN. Not an accident.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The upcoming Inspector General report is going to be YUGE. Top officials are being given the opportunity to resign with dignity (and a pension) now, rather than be fired later.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
cant wait for the IG report

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It appears, according to wiki and her bio, that she was much more than just "a Trump appointee".

Seems she carried water for the Obama administration as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Jeff Sessions needs to resign. He has, evidently, been compromised. After so much has come to light, no one is being referred for prosecution. This is the reason I know our republic is in serious jeopardy. No indictments of the top traitors.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She served as Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Policy in the George W. Bush administration and was appointed by President Barack Obama to serve on the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bold is my doing.

I see 2 names in that . Bush and Obama. So that right there is the damning evidence.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
More evidence that Trump is incapable of running the government.

By putting known swampers into the spotlights 🔥

🤓

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Jeff Sessions needs to resign. He has, evidently, been compromised. After so much has come to light, no one is being referred for prosecution. This is the reason I know our republic is in serious jeopardy. No indictments of the top traitors.

The best (and only) way to expose a swamper is to put them in a position of "decision" 👁

Otherwise they sneak away undetected 🔐

The strategy is working magnificently 😊

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

No he doesn't. He's been busy.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Doing WHAT?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

No he doesn't. He's been busy.

I agree.

Something common in all of this, none of these FBI, DOJ people
are going anywhere except home, or public sector.

FBI guy to CNN, and now Brand to WALMART?

LOL
edit on 9-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I expect prosecutions! Letting them off the hook to peruse other interests is a non-starter.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

For one, there's been a lot going on in arrests involving cybercrime. Also, MS13 arrests and prosecutions. I suspect a few other things involving election fraud as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Did your precious Q tell you this was going to happen?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are you trying to tell me Jeff Sessions can not multitask? If that's the case he certainly does need to consider resigning his post and taking a job as a Walmart greeter. Recommending people toughen up and take aspirin rather than other pain relief doesn't take much intellect. He is the top law enforcement officer. He should defend our republic to the hilt. He isn't in my book.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

What would she be guilty of? She was in the job seven months.
She took a job with Wal-Mart and I'm sure that wasn't negotiated over night.
She's probably tired of all the attacks on the justice department that make working there impossible.
It's like being the department the boss needs but keeps telling them they're worthless.

The administration is falling apart. Two West wing staff resignations amidst spousal abuse charges. John Kelly on the verge of resigning and this woman quitting a sinking ship is a big deal.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sure it means if he fired Rosenstein the next guy in line a trump flunky will fire Mueller.
Then what do you think will happen?
Consider your answer carefully before giving it. This is very serious.
edit on 292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Guess this means trump won't have to draft Mueller by executive order after all.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join