It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have people been frightened off?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Would you dare say if you had?

Im referring to any possible sightings,pictures or video footage of possible aliens or ufo's someone may have, and been warned to destroy and 'forget' what they have seen.

In my life i have never seen anything i cant rationally explain, but have often thought of possible consequences if i did! eg, if i see an alien then come here posting the times and whereabouts etc, would someone be paying me a visit by tracing my ip? i.e. the real men in black, if such an organisation exists. (multiple stories of similar things have happened to people supposedly).

My view is that if i ever did see un-deniable proof of a ufo or alien, i would probably never even mention it to anyone, A) for fear of people dis-believing and thinking im a loon, and B) because tv and movies have made me paranoid

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
To quote what someone else has already said. The serious UFO crowd also attracts a lot of sycophants, substance abusers, and pathological liars who maintain the most outrageous stories. They either crave attention or want to sell some book and hence "debunking" the whole UFO phenomena in the eyes of broad public. IMHO, one has nothing to fear from disclosing any evidence.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
if i ever had expirenced anything that had to do with ufo's i wouldn't tell anyone cause if i do and they dont belive me and then somthing happens to me cause i even mentioned it what would have been the point of mentioning it in the first place. but i do think there are aliens

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeboiabe
if i ever had expirenced anything that had to do with ufo's i wouldn't tell anyone cause if i do and they dont belive me and then somthing happens to me cause i even mentioned it what would have been the point of mentioning it in the first place. but i do think there are aliens

Spot on!!!

i too believe we are not alone in the universe, but i have NEVER came across a story/pic/vid/etc etc, that i consider proof, therefore if i saw anything with my own eyes and was in absolutely NO doubt it was an alien, then i would be a tad apprehensive about ANY form of dis-closure to anyone!

Yep i said NEVER up there, anyone got anything they consider 100% proof?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There are many people who claim to have been harassed or threatened into giving up their interest in UFOs for one reason or another. However credibility of people always comes into question when such claims are made.

If you believe the stories, James Forrestal, a Secretary of Defense for the United States, was murdered for nearly going public with what he knew.

Now there are reports by seemingly credible individuals available for anybody to read, you just have to go out and look. If you want one example just look up the story of Professor Robert Jacobs in which the only contact he had with anything paranormal was a film he shot for the military which accidentally caught a UFO on the footage. He went public years later and became the subject of extreme harassment.

Jacob's own text:
ufologie.net...

Report detailing Jacob's harassment:
extraterrestrial-life.net...

There are other people who claim threats and harassment who are part of The Disclosure Project. Go look up the group and the issue of threats by the government that some have alleged. One member even claims to have been an agent of the NRO who was made to threaten civilians during his employment with the agency.

In the end its up to you whether you think these people are lying or not. The government of the United States is not going to come out and admit they know about UFOs or that they would threaten to kill people over this subject. If you think that the U.S. government is 100% credible and that they could never possibly lie or get away with a lie you just need to look at the recent Iraq WMD issue. Was it a huge stupid, deadly, and expensive mistake? If you believe that you will believe anything they tell you.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Personally, if I had evidence, I would post it right here on ATS, and see what happens. If someone came knocking on my door asking about it, then threatening me, it would only prove there is a coverup, and I would try to get as much info as I could on them, then post it as well. But that's easy to say unless your put in that position. If someone threatens you, that is illegal, and you have the right to do whatever you want.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins
Personally, if I had evidence, I would post it right here on ATS, and see what happens. If someone came knocking on my door asking about it, then threatening me, it would only prove there is a coverup, and I would try to get as much info as I could on them, then post it as well. But that's easy to say unless your put in that position. If someone threatens you, that is illegal, and you have the right to do whatever you want.

I'll be over in the morning to shut you up

hehe - - i suppose if someone threatens me about ufos/aliens/etc... than they hold a high position in the government; i doubt there are normal people that follow aliens around and if they are spotted they attack the viewers, ya know? So if you told some authority about being harrassed, you would be told to shut the hell up about it from all authority - if that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
its not that you would be threatened, no one would believe you. i have had experiences i know to be true and had close friends tell me i was full of #. none were with aliens, they definately wouldnt belive that.

ever see the movie gothica? this chick was getting haunted by a ghost and her psycologist did not believe her. when the psyc got haunted she went from well respected to looney bin with the quickness.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Cheers Frith, jacob texts are very interesting and more the sort of thing i was thinking would happen if someone had footage of a 'real' ufo.

I remember a while back on here someone actually claimed to have captured an alien and put it in his bathtub, he killed it with a shuriken or something, what happened to that thread anyone know? sorta disapearred one day

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
No doubt there are tons of people who are keeping secret their personal experiences, mainly by threats, but also fear of ridiculous and possible consequences for their jobs. There are probably lots of sightings by military or civilian pilots which have never emerged. Maybe one day it will, maybe not. Not lately as yesterday i heard on a radio show a man who saw with 10 other people a commercial plane which has just take off and who was surrounded by several white balls. It was 20 years ago, but still nothing today...
Sightings we know about are just the visible part of the iceberg.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor

Sightings we know about are just the visible part of the iceberg.

too true
imo 99.9% of sightings are fake, the other 0.1% have been 'spoken to' and take it no further.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
has anyone seen the history channel they used to show allot of documentreys on ufo's and aliens and they had allot of video clips too support what they where saying. I used to watch it allot of the time but they dont show them that much anymore but when it does come on they usally show 3 documentrys on ufo's.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
To be honest, if I saw something I'd speak up about it, just to see if anybody told me to shut up. If I was told to keep it quiet I'd know there was something to what I saw- then I'd talk about it even more in hopes of actually capturing an "MIB".
I wonder what the maximum sentence is for taking a "non existant" government agent hostage? I guess they probably just kill you and donate your body as a medical cadaver so you wont be discovered, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise

Originally posted by rwatkins

I'll be over in the morning to shut you up

hehe - - i suppose if someone threatens me about ufos/aliens/etc... than they hold a high position in the government; i doubt there are normal people that follow aliens around and if they are spotted they attack the viewers, ya know? So if you told some authority about being harrassed, you would be told to shut the hell up about it from all authority - if that makes sense.

Sorry for going off topic, but I can't resist.

My illiterate friend, funny your not,
Who's side are you on? In case you forgot.

No, your comment makes no sense, I think you will find.
But it gives strong support, to No Child Left Behind.

Support MADT (Mothers Against Drunk Typists)

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
has anyone have info on the ufo that was caught on national parks web cam in washington
(awsemmmmm picture,why the hush hush) im terrible with comp am i in the right forum

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
has anyone have info on the ufo that was caught on national parks web cam in washington
(awsemmmmm picture,why the hush hush) im terrible with comp am i in the right forum

yes u can post this stuff in this form
sorry but i dont have info on the ufo that on national parks sorry but ill look for some

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I wont be afraid if anything happens i Saw a ufo when I was 4 years old a big one and 2 more when I was actually looking for them when I was 14
I dont go preach about it but I tell people when they ask (shrug)

new topics

top topics

join