It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions’ answer to opioid crisis: Americans should opt for aspirin, ‘tough it out’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He has given plenty of reasons, anyway..he is not a doctor and has no business dispensing medical advice.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Two words-legalize it.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Sessions is just preparing us for the renewed war on drugs. He will need bodies to fill all those corporate prisons.

www.esquire.com...

Business as usual, believe me....

I totally agree. This is about filling the corporate coffers, which is what the government lackeys do. I wonder if we followed the money trail, would we find a generous donation to Sessions from someone that would benefit from "the war on drugs"?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Have *you* ever had frozen shoulder?

Don't tell me it doesn't hurt like what your hurt is. I'm sure landing on your ass after your parachute doesn't open properly hurts like a mother, but so does what I am talking about.

So does having constant nerve pain through your left shoulder down your arm across your chest. You try living like you always have chest pain but not knowing if it's cardiac or nerve related. Good fun it is.

Days when about all you can do are sit straight upright because moving is not an option.

Yeah, sometimes people need serious pain management, but sometimes, people find out they can cope with more than they thought too. Today people think they ought to expect no discomfort whatsoever, so they eat pills in an effort to avoid every little ache and pain and then they get upset when they get addicted and wonder how that happened.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Aspirin is amazing. I was feeling slightly depressed and took 3 or 4 aspirin and my mood improved within an hour. I made me wonder if aspirin could be used to treat depression. I did a google search and guess what I found about aspirin and depression.....
edit on 11-2-2018 by SickWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've dealt with drug addiction in my life and I know a lot of people with addiction problems. I won't touch opioids out of fear of addiction. I've done them in the past for recreation and it's nothing I'd mess with again. I'll avoid them at all cost unless I'm on my deathbed.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UMayBRite!

Cut off his balls...

Then see if he wants to tough it out.

This shows exactly why people who have never suffered significant pain have NO business
setting policy for those who have.

Time to remove this senile old jackass.

I've heard he has investments in private prisons.

Sessions is a prime example of the deep state.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

He has given plenty of reasons, anyway..he is not a doctor and has no business dispensing medical advice.

Anyone can attack his ideas without wishing him pain and illness.

He never claimed to be a doctor, and is not dispensing medical advice. He was trying to make a point that perhaps people are over perscribed, which seems to be true.

Almost all doctors routinely over prescribe pain medication

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Exactly, doesn't or is he not aware on the government's Policy on making money, on for some a necessary drug..!!

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sounds like legit advice to me. And before you say I've never had pain, and wouldn't understand, you would be wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yes, you're right, not a great thing really, to wish pain on anyone. More or less I meant, he has given enough reasons for people to not like him or his ideas on various drug and addiction issues.
No doubt Opiods are over prescribed, and have been. I just find his "take an asprin" approach a little to simplistic.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Frequent pain meds lower your pain threshold.
Very few conditions require opioids.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This guy should get a ruptured disk and sciatica going down his legs.
Then let's see what he takes for that pain.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
One interesting thing too is that long time use of aspirin and ibuprofen can cause acute damage to the lining of the stomach.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Melania was just in Cincinnati with our great Childrens Hospital being educated further on our Opioid crisis. She was told that in our city, 3 in 100 babies are born addicted to Opiates. All day long they deal with babies crying, screaming, and yes, dying because of this. If the prestigious doctors here thought some EXPLETIVE asprin would do the trick, I'm certain we wouldn't have the problem that we do.

I hope Melania tells Sessions to STUFF IT and if she doesn't, after seeing the live feed of what she was briefed on- then I'm convinced none of them truly cares and it's all for show.

-Alee

So your solution is to keep shoveling opioids down pregnant addict's throats?

Where on earth did I say that, quit projecting words on to me that I never said. That's absurd.
What I said was, an Advil or Aspirin isn't the answer.

Some of you people sure are bizarre.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess
Just as "bizarre" are those hating on Session's for his comments by saying ridiculous things like "I'd like to see how he handles the pain if... ~insert extremely painful scenario here~".

If they actually had the attention span to properly read his comments and understand the context of what he's saying, he clearly indicated that SOME (not all) people need to toughen up and tolerate mild pain a little better before accepting/taking opioids - which would potentially do far more damage in the long run.

Despite my utter disagreement with Session's over his policy/thoughts towards Mariajuana - I can still put that behind me and say that what Session's said regarding opioids is 100% sensible - because it is.

edit on 13/2/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Bet you $1 he is taking stuff that makes opioids look like after dinner mints.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join