It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even The Feds Want In on Ripple (XRP) Crypto Alt coin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I have a mixed bag of both pos and neg returns.

I have made huge $ on stellar, ripple and reddcoin.

Cardano and digitalnotes are small gainers for now.

Litecoin and verge have broken it off and are laughing at me with some pretty significant drops.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I divested myself of Litecoin. Just didn't feel good about the creator cashing out all of his....

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I bought some to use in the Kucoin exchange, but the exchange is boning me with a lengthy process to get the OK to trade on their half ass site.

I don't want to hold it, and perhaps I should have flopped the 1 and a 1/2 litecoins $$$ into Ripple around .60-.75 cents through Bittrex?

Decisions decisions.....

Do you get the feeling that some responses on this thread are from a not so informed stance?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Do you get the feeling that some responses on this thread are from a not so informed stance?

I think it boils down to 'What is' and 'What you want '.

What you want ain't ever going to happen.(Not trying to be mean).

The What is. Is most of these coins are going to be losers.

That's just the reality.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We were all there once.

It's a pretty obtuse concept to grasp, which is why I think investment and adoption will be slow...but the good news is, that's more of a window to still get in and make some money during early adoption here.

I only started my self-induced crash course on crypto when it surged in Dec...so when it slid in Jan, I bought in. Sadly, I should have waited for the second, much bigger crash, but eh...who can know?

I think many who want it to fail simply feel it's too late to buy in (so they missed out), and don't want to go through learning how to anyhow. And...they MAY be right, but I'm thinking not.

Still, as long as you only risk what you can afford to lose, its kind of fun actually. I mean, sure, I'm "out" half my investment, but I'm in it for the long haul. I'm sure folks who had Ethereum early last year saw big dips too, yet if they held it for the whole year, could have seen returns in the THOUSANDS of percent....

So, it's worth a tiny bit of risk for that kind of potential payoff.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A big, well, not too big issue with Ripple, seems to be the 20 ripple reserve. Granted, that's not too much now, but it means that 20 are "stuck" basically, where you bought it. As you always have to have this as a balance, if you ever want to move it elsewhere, you have to leave at least 20 behind. You still "have" it, but can't really cash it out...so right now, that's only about $20 worth that is just "stuck", but still. More of the principle of the thing.....

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

More of the principle of the thing.....

The only crypto that has that stupid requirement.

Every other wallet doesn't have it.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The auto was never going to do away with the horse for transportation too.

I bought stellar lumens at .015 a coin. It is a money maker. And I started in Sept 2017 and did a crazy amount of research to see what coins are in use and then there are a few I gambled on.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What is is 1000%'s of percent return even with the down turn.

I think it boils down to 'What is' and 'What you want '.

And what is has yet to be set. We will see, and I have been told many times in my life that investments I was planning or did make were bad and stupid. Last investments were homes in 2012-2013. Everything is fine.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And what is has yet to be set.

That is how bitcoin started out. It was going to change the world!!!!

It sure did, but not in the way intended.

We will see, and I have been told many times in my life that investments I was planning or did make were bad and stupid.

I didn't say that.

I'm invested.

I'm taking the shotgun approach,

I am gonna hit something by Gawd!

edit on 9-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I do not see how there will be any massive gain if it's adopted by the feds.

When we had the gold standard gold was nowhere near as valuable as it is today.

this isnt true, your looking at inflation as if its a price difference,
the same amount of gold buys a gallon of gas as did 100 years ago, it isnt the price of gold thats changed, its the price of the dollar itself, inflation...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I bought stellar lumens at .015 a coin. It is a money maker

Today, you can pretty much buy it at that price again...lol

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Do you have a understanding how Ripple's XRP is used?

The Fed would not have to own the XRP but for 3.5 seconds during the money transfer, and it matters not if they are .01 cents or $100 a piece. As the payment would only buy the payments amount worth of XRP.

How is this any better than a transfer from my checking account?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Internationally, faster.

So far, no crypto has really done gangbusters this year. Definitely a wait and see (and watch your holdings devalue) kind of thing. I still think it will turn around, but it may take time. At least if it goes bust, I'm not losing all that much, a few hundred.... Not an amount I'd like to poop away, but also not an amount that will break the bank. And if at the end of the year, it's multiplied many times, hey...that'd be cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join