It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porter calls ex-wive(s)' allegations untrue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think he left because he couldn't get a security clearance and the optics of that looks awful. i wonder how much the fbi looked into the case - maybe there's more evidence we aren't aware of.

could he insist on an investigation?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

When did the FBI ever say why they denied his clearance?? Didn't really know they did that.

maybe HE needs to PROVE he didn't do it...

Guilty 'til proven innocent? I thought it was the other way 'round...

Were it me, and I knew I was innocent? You can be sure that I'd be screaming for an investigation. Why he isn't, I don't know. He may be of the mind that it'll all come out in the wash?

edit on 2/10/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

they did contact the police at the time and there are logs and texts.

what else would expectable to you as proof?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

i agree, but the other poster isn't buying the photos or the two wives similar stories, so i was being flippant, my bad.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No worries.

If he is guilty, I'll hand out the baseball bats...

But guilty in the court of opinion and in a court of law are usually two different things.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

hopefully, with all this girls and guys will speak up! i just worry even that won't be enough, and unless there's video or death they won't be believed. it's a tuff thing, for sure..

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
When it rains it pours,,,

A Second White House Official Has Resigned Over Domestic Abuse Allegations
www.mediaite.com...

Is every person associated with this administration a complete scumbag, sure looks that way.

K~

hey hey...trump said he hires ...the best people in the world....I think this is #6 on the Whitehouse wife-beater countdown list...by the way, have you noticed how Melania grimaces when trump tries to grab her in public?....hmmm

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more. More speaking out can only help.

My one and only taste of jury duty was a case like this. A he said, she said, case of domestic abuse... Nasty doesn't even begin to describe it.

It ended with a "not guilty" verdict, which isn't the same as "innocent". I'm almost positive the guy was guilty--but almost isn't good enough. I needed three or four showers a day after that excursion into the criminal justice system...

It's one of the reasons I have little but contempt for the court of public opinion. Facts mean little to it.
edit on 2/10/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: aethertek

but what about facts due process and the presumption of innocence

I think if a man hits a woman, he is a giant pussy and should be bitch slapped until death. But I also feel that it needs to be proven, before the torches and pitchforks come out. I almost lost a great friend due to a hot headed wife who "embellished" her story in the heat of anger.

What about when a woman hits you. You would beat a man for defending himself?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No worries.

If he is guilty, I'll hand out the baseball bats...

But guilty in the court of opinion and in a court of law are usually two different things.

So you would kill a man over a fistfight with his former wife? What if she did it to herself? Would you hand out baseball bats then too?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

I think if a man hits a woman, he is a giant pussy and should be bitch slapped until death. But I also feel that it needs to be proven, before the torches and pitchforks come out. I almost lost a great friend due to a hot headed wife who "embellished" her story in the heat of anger.

Well that depends. Take my husband and I. He is 230 pounds and I am about 110. The functional equivalent if I were in his physical power dynamic role, would be if I were attacked by someone weighing approximately 45 pounds with considerably less muscle mass than me. I'm probably not genuinely in fear for my life, and restraint would be socially appropriate in that situation.

So if he is defending his safety, fine. If he is defending his ego, not so much.

Please note: I have not ever raised my hand to my (current and second husband) nor has he to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

You did notice that I did say if he did it? Did you not?

Fist fight with his wife...really? Might not kill him, but I'd sure as hell stop him. Generally speaking, a woman is not a match for a man in a physical altercation. Plain fact.

Men are, for the most part, larger, physically stronger than a woman. So, yes, I'd stop him. Even if she attacked him...defending oneself doesn't require retaliation.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Again the double standards are shocking. Didn’t hear about due process for Hillary, Weinstein now did we? Still trying to pin stuff on Hillary.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Well that depends. Take my husband and I. He is 230 pounds and I am about 110. The functional equivalent if I were in his physical power dynamic role, would be if I were attacked by someone weighing approximately 45 pounds with considerably less muscle mass than me. I'm probably not genuinely in fear for my life, and restraint would be socially appropriate in that situation.

So if he is defending his safety, fine. If he is defending his ego, not so much.

Please note: I have not ever raised my hand to my (current and second husband) nor has he to me.

What if you were 230 pounds and he was 110, would he be allowed to defend himself?
If you used an object to attack with, would it be reasonable for him to defend himself?
If you were an martial arts expert, would it be resonable for him to defend himself?

You can see many videos, where size is not all that matters in a fight. I have seen videos of men half the size of the other man beat his ass.

Besides we are now equal, are we not?
edit on 10-2-2018 by pompel9 because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You did notice that I did say if he did it? Did you not?

Fist fight with his wife...really? Might not kill him, but I'd sure as hell stop him. Generally speaking, a woman is not a match for a man in a physical altercation. Plain fact.

Men are, for the most part, larger, physically stronger than a woman. So, yes, I'd stop him. Even if she attacked him...defending oneself doesn't require retaliation.

What would you do if a man attacked you? We are now equal, so women have to take the bad as well as the good.

And that is not entirely true. There are many women that can kick the ass of an average man. Besides, women usually use weapons when they attack, like their spiky high heeled shoes or anything else that is within reach. I guess you would just stand there and get killed, just because she is a woman
edit on 10-2-2018 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What if you were 230 pounds and he was 110, would he be allowed to defend himself?

Of course. Any way that he could.

If you used an object to attack with, would it be reasonable for him to defend himself?

Of course, using an object or a weapon is a game changer.

originally posted by: pompel9If you were an martial arts expert, would it be resonable for him to defend himself?

You can see many videos, where size is not all that matters in a fight. I have seen videos of men half the size of the other man beat his ass.

Of course, but I'm not an expert in martial arts, and most people aren't. This is a false equivalence fallacy. Well, actually most of your "arguments" are, but this one is pretty silly.

originally posted by: pompel9Besides we are now equal, are we not?

Well sort of, but I'd drop the "now'. I think in the end it all equals out, but there are some things that men are better at than women and vice versa. I'm not one of those "gender doesn't exist" kind of people. I do think that there are fundamental differences, which includes strengths and weaknesses and even *gasp* proclivities and propensities that are often rooted in gender. There are always outliers. People are individuals, but for the most part the generalizations of biology win out.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Of course. Any way that he could.

Of course, using an object or a weapon is a game changer.

originally posted by: pompel9If you were an martial arts expert, would it be resonable for him to defend himself?

Of course, but I'm not an expert in martial arts, and most people aren't. This is a false equivalence fallacy. Well, actually most of your "arguments" are, but this one is pretty silly.

originally posted by: pompel9Besides we are now equal, are we not?

Well sort of, but I'd drop the "now'. I think in the end it all equals out, but there are some things that men are better at than women and vice versa. I'm not one of those "gender doesn't exist" kind of people. I do think that there are fundamental differences, which includes strengths and weaknesses and even *gasp* proclivities and propensities that are often rooted in gender. There are always outliers. People are individuals, but for the most part the generalizations of biology win out.

It's good that you actually agree with 2 points at least.

So you are claiming that it is a false equivalence fallacy that there are some women that are actually martial arts experts? There are many women that are experts in martial arts. And all of those could kick the ass off any average man.

I am neither one of those "gender doesn't exist" kind of people.

If a man attacks you, you would defend yourself, right? Why is it ok to defend against a man, but not a woman?

Anyway, we have gone a bit off-topic.

On-topic, the man is claiming he did not give his ex-wife a black eye. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, no matter how many that accuses him. Getting kind of sick of the mentality to judge someone guilty without due process.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You go ahead and tell yourself that.

The next time I hit a woman will be the first. Stopping a woman from hitting me, which has never happened either, doesn't require me to hit her. I was brought up better than that.

Fighting with a woman is a no win situation, imho. You'll come across as either a bully, or an idiot. Usually both.

I know what my reaction is... It's always "why don't you pick a fight with someone a bit more your size."

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This article seems to paint Mr Porter in a much different light.

www.rollcall.com...

I think this was to attack Kelly not so much Trump.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You go ahead and tell yourself that.

The next time I hit a woman will be the first. Stopping a woman from hitting me, which has never happened either, doesn't require me to hit her. I was brought up better than that.

Fighting with a woman is a no win situation, imho. You'll come across as either a bully, or an idiot. Usually both.

I know what my reaction is... It's always "why don't you pick a fight with someone a bit more your size."

Good to know that you don't hold women to the same standard as men. Beating up a man that attacks you, that is good thing. But if you switch out the man with a woman, then you suddenly are a bully or idiot.

That is so dumb, in my opinion. You are infantilizing women, making them not take responsibility for their own actions. That is not a good thing, and that is the reason more and more women become violent. Because they can do it without any repercussion whatsoever.
But many men has become fed up with this, and is treating them just as they would do to a man.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join