It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porter calls ex-wive(s)' allegations untrue

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Joe Biden just said that President Trump is defending the equivalent of an Axe Murderer!

Crazy Joe, the Democrat 2020 nominee for president.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why is this really a topic? I mean how many people accused of something like this have come out and went... All right.. Ya'll got me...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Can they just give the guy a polygraph?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Politics shouldn't get involved in stuff like this, but you illustrate how it does. If this is Weinstein you were screaming from the hills.

Haven't heard a peep about this or Steve Wynn... Not only that, I didn't really see people out there defending the liberal scumbag that pulled this crap.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
after the al franken photo came out -

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words. Where do his hands go in pictures 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 while she sleeps? .....
8:06 PM - Nov 16, 2017

after the rob porter black eye photo came out -

"He says he's innocent, and I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he's innocent. So you'll have to talk to him about that. But we absolutely wish him well,"

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

the comments fit the pics

al did not grope anyone in that pic but perhaps it happened after the pic but at least he was in the pic so he was identified

this new pic is just a black eye supposedly taken by the abuser.lol never would happen like that

i guess i just have some type of programming that others dont that keeps my knee from jerking at allegations

i just pray now that victims start using the system for truth in real time

wynn lol really a millionare gets a happy ending and we should feel srry for the lady masseuse

winestien is being charged for consensual sex that happened over a two yr period.

it just goes on and on without one single proven case of violence

this shat is outta hand if one thinks logically

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

what kind of proff do you need?? if it isn't on film, it didn't happen?? wtf.

hold on dude, before you hit me, let me whip out my phone here so i can video tape it.

fyi, he abused BOTH wives, which shows a history, which is why he wasn't given a full clearnace. he shouldn't be in the white house, period.

edit on 9-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2018 by knoxie because: nvm

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

what kind of proff do you need?? if it isn't on film, it didn't happen?? wtf.

hold on dude, before you hit me, let me whip out my phone here so i can video tape it.

fyi, he abused BOTH wives, which shows a history, which is why he wasn't given a full clearnace. he shouldn't be in the white house, period.

Don't waste your breath. That's the thing, for many people there is no proof good enough and even if you do accomplish that and have iron clad, no argument proof that a woman was abused then, well, it's her own fault anyway. She shouldn't have pushed him. She shouldn't have provoked him. She should have just done what he said. Most women don't report abuse because A. She likely won't be believed. and B. Even if she is believed the first question most people ask her is "What did you do?" Not as in "What did you do about it", but "What did YOU do to MAKE him beat you".

My mother was beaten on the regular and when it shifted to me (I was two), and she went to her parents for help, that's what they asked her. So my childhood was marked by abuse toward me and witnessing it toward my mother. I got a few cracked ribs and regular bruises but meh, it was my mothers fault apparently, so everyone just looked away.

I was beaten by my ex husband and when I went for help, I was told I was hitting myself for attention, or I was exaggerating, and the beatings weren't bad enough for me to really be complaining. After three years of escalating violence, when he choked me out and slammed my head repeatedly into an iron grate I had enough. But no, I didn't report it to the cops. I didn't ask for help, because by then, I knew there was no help coming. It was a humiliating and counter-productive waste of time.

*edited to add*

Oh, and never forget option C. Even if you are believed and they also aren't willing to blame you, then you are still just an whiny, attention whore for talking about it.

edit on 9-2-2018 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2018 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
When it rains it pours,,,

A Second White House Official Has Resigned Over Domestic Abuse Allegations
www.mediaite.com...

Is every person associated with this administration a complete scumbag, sure looks that way.

K~

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: xuenchen

You don’t have to pay people in contentious divorces to lie on each other.

People seem to forget that Trump's ex-wife claimed he forcibly raped her, and used that statement in the divorce proceedings. Many years later, she recanted. So, it's understandable that Trump feels sympathy for Porter.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Saturday 9.10.2018

President Trump is asking where is DUE PROCESS in America? Everyone seems to be guilty until proven innocent. Lives are being destroyed over mere allegations.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

he abused BOTH wives

there is no proof of what you say that i have seen.
just because someone says something does not make it true.
i am in agreement that we do not need abusers in the big office but people have to work somewhere and by not properly reporting and documenting the events if they happened is hurting not only the victims if they exist but definitely is hurting the whitehouse which in turn hurts us.

Lets make one thing clear an accusation by a thousand women without proof is a sign of stupidity and makes them look stupid and in the long run will hurt them.
We have no way to know what is what now days since propaganda is legal.
Even the term pics or it did not happen is out the window now!
You can thank technology for that one.

IF SOMEONE IS HURTING YOU THEN GO TO THE POLICE!
that is the only way to fight back other than violence at time of an incident

I would give my life to defend most any women but i will not give up my common sense for a piece of the action.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Trump is absolutely right to defend Porter and his other staffer. He's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

There is no such thing as pre-crime, guilt by default or any other abomination this due-process lacking media circus hinges on.

Porter is not a criminal until a jury of his peers convict him beyond a reasonable doubt. Until that time, he's innocent and should be defended as innocent. That is a hallmark of American justice, and we won't throw that away to placate some populist know-littles who think allegations/charges/indictments are the same thing as a conviction.

An accusation is meaningless until it is adjudicated. And until the state proves its accusations beyond a reasonable doubt, you're presumed innocent. You're presumed innocent when you're accused of a crime. You're presumed innocent when you're charged with a crime and you're presumed innocent when you're tried for a crime.

Therefore taking any punitive action against someone merely accused/charged with a crime is nonsense, and is the antithesis of a legitimate judiciary. If he's guilty, the evidence will demonstrate that beyond any reasonable person's doubt. Until then, Trump is right. Upholding due process is far more important than any individual victim or crime.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a tweet I read -

"After years of falsely accusin' a black president of forgin' his American citizenship and callin' for Hillary to be locked up without a trial, Trump has his "due-process" epiphany over wife beaters."

and, yes there is enough proof for the fbi to withhold a top clearance. pretty sure both wives spoke to others regarding the abuse and concern throughout their marriage. i'm trying to figure out what kind of proof you need exactly as apparently photos aren't enough..

fyi, he isn't being charged with anything, he's losing his job in the white house. maybe HE needs to PROVE he didn't do it...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You're absolutely right. It doesn't matter whether it is 1 accusation or 1,000,000 accusations.

The burden of proof always rests solely on the accuser to prove their allegations beyond a reasonable doubt. The accused universally enjoys presumptive innocence throughout the entirety of the process

If someone makes an allegation that cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, then in the interest of justice it must be treated as though it never happened. Doing anything else is infringing on the accused's right to trial in a court of law by a jury of their peers (or judge as fact finder if desired by accused)

..and you're also right about photos proving nothing. Just because someone has a black eye and a convincing story doesn't mean that story is true. The burden is entirely on them to prove it was caused by the person they accuse.

Thank you for pointing out what should be obvious

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Let's see if I get the modern interpretation of justice correct.

If any person ever abuses their spouse, at any time in the past, no matter how distant,

then...

they must be fired, as soon as it is revealed,

and that person is not entitled to ever work again, anywhere on this Planet.

Is that about right?

Is that the current thinking, out there, on how the "power to accuse" should be handled?

Hmm....

Apply this logic to all sins, and everyone would be out of a job permanently.

edit on 10-2-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

no, obviously not, trump was accused of spousal abuse by his first wife.

i'm sure rob porter will be able to find a job somewhere else where having a security clearance isn't required. lol

he shouldn't have been hired in the first place and this wouldn't be in the news..

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
To defend due process in this sort of thing is, well, uncomfortable. My first impulse would be to, were I there, punch him out...

There seems to be smoke there. Two ex-wives accuse him of the same crime. That's reason enough to investigate whether a crime took place...but not to suddenly decide he's guilty--tempting as it is to do so.

Some of you are taking your partisanship just a bit far, imnsho.

Investigate. Exonerate, or charge, as applicable. It's not supposed to work any other way...or is it? Depending upon, of course, his political affiliation, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

and, yes there is enough proof for the fbi to withhold a top clearance. pretty sure both wives spoke to others regarding the abuse and concern throughout their marriage. i'm trying to figure out what kind of proof you need exactly as apparently photos aren't enough..

But a security clearance can be denied for any number of non-criminal reasons, including debt and bad credit. This is a far cry from a criminal investigation, the TS/SSBI background check.

Speaking to others about abuse isn't offering evidence of abuse. Nor is photographs. Do the photos somehow prove what caused the black eye? Not being dense here, and if he's guilty he will be punished, but how do you know it wasn't from slipping on the ice? Or a fist fight with someone else? Surely someone's word alone is never good enough, especially given a human's predisposition toward telling lies.

I'm sorry but there simply isn't evidence to say Porter caused the damage. Are you suggesting we start prosecuting people based on nothing but the good word of someone else? That doesn't sound very legitimate to me, especially given how malicious a relationship breakup can be (surely you've read the horror stories)

The point is, when abuse occurs *now* is the time to contact police. Not tomorrow, not next week and not later. It is unfortunate, and there are plenty of (poor, albeit understandable) reasons someone wouldn't come forward right away. The sad fact is that we simply can't start putting people in jail based on allegations alone, and we especially can't start acting as though someone is convicted/guilty/sentenced as soon as mere allegations come forth.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't believe anyone is suggesting he shouldn't be investigated or prosecuted if there is evidence of a crime.

What I've read has called for unequivocal recognition and respect for due process, and the absolute necessity for credible allegations to be handled in a court of law, not the kangaroo court of public opinion.

He hasn't been charged with a crime, he hasn't been tried & convicted of a crime. So why should anyone act as though he's anything but presumptively innocent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join