It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. Democrat and #MeToo leader accused of groping male staffer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The user I replied to said that the Left were hypocrites due to their response to the #MeToo movement.

They are.

See Bill Clinton,Mat Lauer,Chris Mathews,Weinstein, and others.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Please. The user I replied to said that the Left were hypocrites due to their response to the #MeToo movement. I simply pointed out that the Left have been excommunicating their own when allegations come out. The Right on the other hand have been wishy washy about their response depending on a person's political allegiance.

That's hardly whataboutism. In fact I called both sides scum. Which is true. But only side is being hypocritical in their response.

And honestly, if you want to criticize the Left over whataboutism you may want to dig that 2x4 out of the eye of the Right first.

Were the right being the squeaky wheels, trotting out accusers only until the ballots are cast, i would focus much more on them.

MeToo is born out of the NeverTrump movement, as a response to one of the accusations made against him. Weinstein was sacrificed by his buddies to promote NeverTrump and Resist.

Sorry to sound cynical...but as a non partisan the crap I have seen over the last year has made it impossible to set cynicism aside.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
#metoo isn't a movement. It's a hashtag. Hashtags are for virtue-signalling, not combatting systemic sexual abuse.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
#metoo isn't a movement. It's a hashtag. Hashtags are for virtue-signalling, not combatting systemic sexual abuse.

That's not true. If you hashtag something, then it's the same as doing something.

If you hashtag (#FeedTheHungry) then people are magically full.

Hashtags have taken the place of actually DOING something.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

#KONY2012

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

#KONY2012

Point taken.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It's pretty much an excuse to do nothing.

Four years later.

Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram paraded in new video

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Isn't it funny how when someone on the Right gets accused of sexual misconduct by multiple people we're told we need to give them the benefit of the doubt and if these people were actually assaulted they would have filed charges.

If someone on the Left gets accused of sexual misconduct suddenly the accusations are 100% honest and the person needs to be taken out back.

That said, if this person's story can be corroborated this woman should step down. Even if that is the case it does not affect the #MeToo movement. People are still be taken sexually advantage of by people in power and it needs to be known.

Her groping is not really the issue - it happens sometimes. The issue is the sheer hypocrisy of this woman to be a leading voice in the silly #metoo movement, which does nothing except make it more difficult for real victims of sexual abuse.
edit on 9/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now, farbeit for me to condone this conduct from anyone SOBER, so hands up all of you who have never done dumb sh!t whilst drunk?

Come on, throw your hat in the 'ring of righteousness' vis-a-vis all things 'under the influence of alcohol'.

The bloke admits that she was off her chops.

There is NOTHING in the world uglier than an intoxicated person acting like a #-wit, and in this instance it doesn't make her a sexual harasser any more or less so than the 1 billion other humans that get drunk and do dumb sh!t.

Also, if this were actually sexual harassment, then my wife, whilst we were dating, would be classed as a super-sexual-predator - and hey guess what, I insisted on being harassed by her - drunk or sober, I took it when I could get it.

Anyway, I digress...

It appears that 'sexual harassment' and whether or not it is 'permitted' is in the eye of the receiver.

(
- did you see what I did there??)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What does this have to do with Trump or Russia?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's pretty much an excuse to do nothing.

Four years later.

Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram paraded in new video

But, but, but....
She used a hashtag.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What does this have to do with Trump or Russia?

I'm sure somebody will uncover something soon enough 📢

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Unless they do I don't expect this to be in the news much.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join