It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. Democrat and #MeToo leader accused of groping male staffer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah, it's not like she's the head of a movement to fight sexual harassment or anything.

Oh, wait...

Seriously, can you not see the irony here?

Yeah, it’s like those conservative politicians who head up movements against gay rights, then you find out they’re on Grinder trying to pick up men... or they’re tapping their toes in code inside the public restroom stalls.

Irony abounds everywhere it seems.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Jefferton

a reply to: xuenchen

The Alt-Left will be here any minute to defend this fool all the whiles calling for Trump to be removed for sexist comments. Well because he is a rapist, xenophobe, bigot, islamaphobe, or what ever other phobe they can come up with.

So it's only appropriate behavior if you are part of the Alt-Right.

Got it.

Everyone is wrong and hypocritical.

LOL.

Not at all....

Exactly why the Alt-Left does that I don't know.

If any accusations are proven to be true against any person they need to do the time...

you will never hear me say other wise.

I was merely pointing out their obvious hypocrisy.

Sometimes partisan hatred can blind you from your own hypocrisy.

Hint. Hint.

Soooo by saying I think ANYONE (Dem or Rep) proven guilty of a crime should do the time makes me a hypocrite???

Ok then I guess I am the king hypocrite!! Sign me up for that!!

If only that were true. Your side does back flips defending anyone on the Right who is accused.

But you can't seem to see that.

Anyway,

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Alcohol, making you a grabasstic horndog since forever.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

So does the left...the left defends the left. The right defends the right.
If you say no. Your in denial.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah, it’s like those conservative politicians who head up movements against gay rights,

And yet it's the liberal politicians that snip all over GUN RIGHTS.

Pot meet Kettle.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Somebody needs to buy a Dossier on this lady !!

That'll fix their clocks 🤦‍♀️🙅

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

What hypocrisy? The Left demanded Franken step down. They called Spacey out for his bull# coming out of the closet excuse and then ruined his career. Hell, let's not forget this while thing started with Weinstein whom was promptly ejected by liberal Hollywood.

Meanwhile the Right fight tooth and nail to save Bill O'Reilly's job. Then have him a #1 bestseller after he did get fired. And now are fighting for him to get reinstated or at the very least are pushing for him to get a new show. We saw similar things with guys Ailes and Moore.

Yet, anytime someone on the Left gets accused, suddenly the need for official charges to be pressed and a court date to be set flies out the window. That person is guilty and needs to be strung up.

Both sides have come across as scum in this whole scenario but only one side has come across as hypocritical. And it's not the Left.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

here's the problem.

people are confused.

They thought the #MeToo movement was about them also sexually harassing people.

Sexual harasser? ME Too!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
a reply to: Jefferton

So does the left...the left defends the left. The right defends the right.
If you say no. Your in denial.

Notice how no one has defended him?

You're delusional.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah, it’s like those conservative politicians who head up movements against gay rights,

Pot meet Kettle.

So you’re saying that liberal politicians who “snip” all over gun rights are actually secretly out there buying lots of guns?

Sure, okay. Like I said, irony abounds everywhere. Like the conservative politicians who preach family values, but are found to have mistresses on the side.

We could go on all day. What’s the point?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Isn't it funny how when someone on the Right gets accused of sexual misconduct by multiple people we're told we need to give them the benefit of the doubt and if these people were actually assaulted they would have filed charges.

If someone on the Left gets accused of sexual misconduct suddenly the accusations are 100% honest and the person needs to be taken out back.

That said, if this person's story can be corroborated this woman should step down. Even if that is the case it does not affect the #MeToo movement. People are still be taken sexually advantage of by people in power and it needs to be known.

Whataboutism. Lame. Seriously lame.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well.

Occupy WallStreet failed.

Black Lives Matter failed.

Antifa Failed.

Now we're at #Me too.

Like a minute man they don't last, and they're off to the next conquest.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So you’re saying that liberal politicians who “snip” all over gun rights are actually secretly out there buying lots of guns?

That certainly was in the case for Feinstein.

They sure hide behind lots of people with guns.

But anyhoo.

Sure could.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: neo96

Pot meet Kettle.

Sure, okay. Like I said, irony abounds everywhere. Like the conservative politicians who preach family values, but are found to have mistresses on the side.

The point is, that they are unable/unwilling to see their hypocrisy. On many issues.

Time for drinks!
edit on 9-2-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Who says she's the head of the movement? I've never even heard of her before. Even if she was on the cover of Time it doesn't mean anything. People have taken issue with a lot of the people that were included on that cover.

And once again at the end of the day, it doesn't matter her "leadership" in the movement. The message is what's important. Stop sexually taking advantage of people while you're in a position of power. Stop sexually taking advantage of people period.

Does the validity of that message change at all because of this woman's actions? Because she is also a scumbag does it now make it right to sexually assault someone?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I could use a good groping.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Who says she's the head of the movement? I've never even heard of her before. Even if she was on the cover of Time it doesn't mean anything. People have taken issue with a lot of the people that were included on that cover.

And once again at the end of the day, it doesn't matter her "leadership" in the movement. The message is what's important. Stop sexually taking advantage of people while you're in a position of power. Stop sexually taking advantage of people period.

Does the validity of that message change at all because of this woman's actions? Because she is also a scumbag does it now make it right to sexually assault someone?

The message contained in her behavior, however, is that while we may wish to strive to be better, we are still humans and prone to irrational and ill conceived decisions.

In all of this the meaning of "sexual harassment" has been lost. If i flirt with a girl, that isn't harassment. If she tells me to stop and I do it again, it is. If its outside of work, there's nothing really actionable about it.

Putting hands on someone, on the other hand, is different. And the fact that women tend to lack the phsycial strength to overwhelm a man does not get them any benefit of the doubt from me. You can see the double standard in our culture. Older women on the prowl are "cougars". Older men on the prowl are "letches".

Before you demand individuals to really change, the people who steer culture have to change.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You're not doing women any favors by this snip.

If you want them to be treated with kid gloves that's not equality.

For effs sake men go around slapping each other on their rears.

#Metoo would call that sexual harassment.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Please. The user I replied to said that the Left were hypocrites due to their response to the #MeToo movement. I simply pointed out that the Left have been excommunicating their own when allegations come out. The Right on the other hand have been wishy washy about their response depending on a person's political allegiance.

That's hardly whataboutism. In fact I called both sides scum. Which is true. But only side is being hypocritical in their response.

And honestly, if you want to criticize the Left over whataboutism you may want to dig that 2x4 out of the eye of the Right first.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
LMAO all of you guys with your right -left are funny.

It is so easy to troll both sides I mean who the hell cares if she is a Democrat? What does that have to do with grabbing a guys crotch?

But you put it in the title then the dems gotta come defend it and say but what about the republicans doing this.

Its entertaining anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join