It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. Democrat and #MeToo leader accused of groping male staffer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well the ironies continue.

Now a leader of the #MeToo movement has been accused of sexual groping !!

She was honored by Time Magazine on top of it.

The Sun is getting too bright for some people under the rocks.

👉👁🇨U

A California Democrat who was featured in Time magazine’s Person of the Year issue for her role in the anti-sexual harassment “#MeToo” movement has been accused of drunkenly groping a male legislative staffer at a softball game in 2014.

Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia allegedly stroked the then-25-year-old staffer’s back, tried to squeeze his buttocks and attempted to grab his crotch as he walked away from her.

The staffer, Daniel Fierro, worked for Assemblyman Ian Calderon at the time. He did not immediately report the incident but in January told Calderon, also a Democrat, who reported it to Assembly leaders.

Garcia was “clearly inebriated” during the 30- to 35-second episode, Fierro said.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The whole #metoo movement is ridiculous. You can't hit on someone without it being sexual harassment? All #metoo is is a bunch of people who are guilty of their own "sins" who are quick to point out others faults. If only everyone's secrets came to light. Who would be innocent then?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well the ironies continue. 

I think I have rust in my stomach from digesting the story.

Wow.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Grab em by the penis!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The Alt-Left will be here any minute to defend this fool all the whiles calling for Trump to be removed for sexist comments. Well because he is a rapist, xenophobe, bigot, islamaphobe, or what ever other phobe they can come up with.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

wow . you guys found stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: airowineSailorcat
a reply to: GuidedKill

wow . you guys found stuff.

A hell of a lot better to find actual real stuff then to make it up and try to pawn it off as real don't ya think?? Tough to find real news anymore.

I have to admit I was perplexed by the new approach...Not even defend of deny just say "ohhh you caught me".

Nice one. I guess the Alt-Left is running out of the "dog ate my homework" type excuses.

edit on 9-2-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I've been groped by a few women in my day, some of it appreciated, some not, but being an adult human being and seeing that I never let it happen a second time with these people (unless I wanted it to), I just wrote it off as people being people, and sometimes people make poor decisions.

Granted, none of these people were my direct boss or held any sort of direct authority over me and my job, but the actions were still the same as some of what these #metoo people are claiming as "harassment" or "assault."

Some are legit complaints, for sure, but others seem to just be people who only determine something to be wrong when group think and safety in numbers is a part of it.

Regardless of all of that, though, I love seeing the shoe put on the other foot for a change, and the irony is almost too much to bear. Of course, it is just an allegation at this point, but those seem to be enough for men to lose their jobs and upend their lives, so will it be the same in this instance?

From the article in the OP:

Separately, Politico reported that a lobbyist who declined to be named claimed Garcia made crude sexual comments and tried to grab his crotch at a 2017 fundraiser.

So, there's even another accusation out there...I wonder how many more?

Fierro said he decided to tell Calderon about the incident because of Garcia's outspokenness in the #MeToo movement. He was reportedly interviewed last Friday by an outside law firm hired by the Assembly Rules Committee.

Yes, absolutely call out the hypocrisy!

Fierro, of Cerritos, left the Assembly in 2016 and now runs a communications firm. Calderon, his former boss, is now the majority leader. Lerna Shirinian, Calderon's communications director, said Fierro told her about the incident right after it happened.

"He was in shock, I was in shock — but the culture was very different back then," Shirinian told Politico.

So, unlike most of the allegations that we are hearing about from most of the loudest voices in the #metoo movement, Fierro actually reported it to at least someone immediately after it happened, but since "the culture was very different back then," I guess that it wasn't considered a big deal?

Regardless, if these allegations are true, I hope that she reaps the reward of her actions just like this movement has forced men to have to do the same--that would be the feminist approach, right? We don't want double standards based on one's sex...

But if the allegations are false and it ruins this woman's life, then those making the allegations should suffer some legal consequences.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Grab em by the penis!

Aaaaaaaand, there went my drink, all over my shirt.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Isn't it funny how when someone on the Right gets accused of sexual misconduct by multiple people we're told we need to give them the benefit of the doubt and if these people were actually assaulted they would have filed charges.

If someone on the Left gets accused of sexual misconduct suddenly the accusations are 100% honest and the person needs to be taken out back.

That said, if this person's story can be corroborated this woman should step down. Even if that is the case it does not affect the #MeToo movement. People are still be taken sexually advantage of by people in power and it needs to be known.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

The Alt-Left will be here any minute to defend this fool all the whiles calling for Trump to be removed for sexist comments. Well because he is a rapist, xenophobe, bigot, islamaphobe, or what ever other phobe they can come up with.

So it's only appropriate behavior if you are part of the Alt-Right.

Got it.

Everyone is wrong and hypocritical.

LOL.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Isn't it funny how when someone on the Right gets accused of sexual misconduct by multiple people we're told we need to give them the benefit of the doubt and if these people were actually assaulted they would have filed charges.

If someone on the Left gets accused of sexual misconduct suddenly the accusations are 100% honest and the person needs to be taken out back.

That said, if this person's story can be corroborated this woman should step down. Even if that is the case it does not affect the #MeToo movement. People are still be taken sexually advantage of by people in power and it needs to be known.

Both sides are guilty of pointing the finger.

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Got it.

LOL.

Not at all....

Exactly why the Alt-Left does that I don't know.

If any accusations are proven to be true against any person they need to do the time...

you will never hear me say other wise.

I was merely pointing out their obvious hypocrisy.

link   
The MeToo movement should be about starting a proper discussion about what behavior is a clear crossing of the line AS WELL AS bringing justice to abusers.

Politicians hop on bandwagons all the time, it comes as no surprise that another might be a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Got it.

LOL.

Not at all....

If any accusations are proven to be true against any person they need to do the time...

Sometimes partisan hatred can blind you from your own hypocrisy.

Hint. Hint.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Got it.

LOL.

Not at all....

Sometimes partisan hatred can blind you from your own hypocrisy.

Hint. Hint.

Soooo by saying I think ANYONE (Dem or Rep) proven guilty of a crime should do the time makes me a hypocrite???

Ok then I guess I am the king hypocrite!! Sign me up for that!!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah, it's not like she's the head of a movement to fight sexual harassment or anything.

Oh, wait...

Seriously, can you not see the irony here?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is proof. All of us, Women and Men, are sexual beings. GASP!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

They almost elected the wife of one.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I’m guessing this your failed attempt at false equivalency. Nice try. Thanks for the laugh as usual. Probably works well with the 80 is crow though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join