It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Born Citizen

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You try to keep up. Parents don’t decide their child’s citizenship when they are born or ever. That’s not how it works in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: MotherMayEye

They just have to fill in the forms at the hospital.

By the way that is also how some diplomats do it, although they shouldn't be able to.

Birthright Citizenship for Children of Foreign Diplomats

What f*ing forms?

What the heII are you talking about? There are no citizenship choice forms or whatever you are imagining.

ETA: And I already quoted the law in the U.S., parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship for their children. You are literally making crap up to suit your argument.
edit on 2/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Parents are NOT given an option about their child’s citizenship when they give birth!!!!

JESUS.

Is THIS what you have been thinking???

Of course they can refuse but why would they?

The opportunity, of course is there and all you have to do is fill out the forms but you can also notify your embassy and register the birth with them so that the child only has the citizenship of the parents native country.

From what I gather the child can even ask for their US citizenship when adults if they like. It isn't black and white but I'm not sure what that has to do with tribes.
edit on 10-2-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Parents are NOT given an option about their child’s citizenship when they give birth!!!!

JESUS.

Of course they can refuse but why would they

No they can’t. Proven pages ago. [snipped].
edit on 2/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Feb 11 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I'm not making crap up. The laws of the parent's country can allow them to conferr citizenship on their child, just like americans having babies outside the US. Why is that all that hard to grasp?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Can american parents give citizenship to their children born outside the US?

Of course, so why can't you accept that other countries also allow this?

edit on 10-2-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

No relevance on renouncing U.S. citizenship on behalf a minor U.S. citizen child.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Can americans parents give citizenship to their children born outside the US?

Of course, so why can't you accept that other countries also allow this?

No, parents don’t give citizenship, laws do.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So, does the law of the US give citizenship to children born to american citizens outside the US?

Why do you think that that wouldn't be the same for other countries. Then the question comes to one of multiple nationalities but I'm not sure what that has to do with tribes from Uganda.

(post by MotherMayEye removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

JESUS.

Of course they can refuse but why would they?

The opportunity, of course is there and all you have to do is fill out the forms but you can also notify your embassy and register the birth with them so that the child only has the citizenship of the parents native country.

From what I gather the child can even ask for their US citizenship when adults if they like. It isn't black and white but I'm not sure what that has to do with tribes.

Having been born outside the US I have dual citizenship.I actually had a choice i could be a German citizen or a US citizen since I was born in Germany my mother was a US citizen. I chose to file paperwork claiming both. Believe it or not US didn't care but had to get a special permit from Germany because they normally will cancel German citizenship if you seek nationality else where.

A person in the United States may acquire dual citizenship in one of several ways, including: Being born in the United States to immigrant parents. Being born outside the United States to one parent who is a U.S. citizen, and another parent who is a citizen of another country

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

" Being born in the United States to immigrant parents."

To Legal immigrant parents .

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So, does the law of the US give citizenship to children born to american citizens outside the US?

Why do you think that that wouldn't be the same for other countries. Then the question comes to one of multiple nationalities but I'm not sure what that has to do with tribes from Uganda.

Yes.

Because dual citizenship is not prohibited in the U.S.

You don’t have to renounce foreign citizenship to be a U.S. citizen under our laws. I am a dual U.S./Canadian citizen.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I hear you. I was reading that the US used to be against dual citizenship but that somewhere along the line they softened up. That the Oath taken when becoming a citizen even has them renounce other allegiances but that it isn't taken all the seriously anymore.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Thank you.

The U.S. does not make or even allow parents to decide or renounce the U.S. citizenship of their children. Other countries may, but not the U.S.

Like you said: YOU decided for yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

If the other country doesn't allow it then the person must choose.

If you don't have to choose then the only reason not too would be .... can't think of anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

If the other country doesn't allow it then the person must choose.

If you don't have to choose then the only reason not too would be .... can't think of anything.

And newborns cannot renounce their U.S. citizenship and their parents can’t do it for them.

Also, shockingly, many, many people have renounced their U.S. citizenship even if you cannot think of a reason to.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The U.S. does not make or even allow parents to decide or renounce the U.S. citizenship of their children.

So how do the the Ugandan tribesmen appealing to 8 USC 1401 do it?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The U.S. does not make or even allow parents to decide or renounce the U.S. citizenship of their children.

So how do the the Ugandan tribesmen appealing to 8 USC 1401 do it?

They can renounce when they are of age or can demonstrate they are of sound mind and renouncing on their own free will, if applicable; OR maybe they never acquired U.S. citizenship at birth because it would affect their right to tribal property.
edit on 2/11/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

They can renounce when they are of age or can demonstrate they are of sound mind and renouncing on their own free will, if applicable; OR maybe they never acquired U.S. citizenship at birth because it would affect their right to tribal property.

But wasn't your point that not everyone gets US citizenship just by birth and that this applied to the children of tribe members born in the US. So, how do the tribe members call upon 8 USC 1401 (b) so that their children don't get US citizenship?

ETA: To your edit. How could that be unless they somehow notify that the child is the offspring of an excluded tribe or something? I'm thinking like a form of some kind but you just said that parents are not given the choice.

Which is it?

edit on 11-2-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join