It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Born Citizen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm not excluding the exceptions such as you bring up.

Sounds to me - - if you are of a tribe, indigenous culture - - that is in addition to Natural Born US citizen.

I am NOT a birther. Nor am I interested in it.

However, countries such as India - - give special rights to their natural born citizens. It is a real dilemma for some citizens of other countries have a child born in the US.

blogs.economictimes.indiatimes.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Sounds to me - - if you are of a tribe, indigenous culture - - that is in addition to Natural Born US citizen.

You aren't a U.S. citizen, at all, if you are a member of any of the tribes mentioned the code I quoted or an aboriginal tribe, and your property rights would be affected by having U.S. citizenship...even if you were born on U.S. soil.

I get it...you aren't a 'birther.' Never thought you were.

But you are interested enough in the topic of the thread to discuss, but you draw a line at discussing Obama's citizenship -- even though he was born under very unique circumstances and freely admits he was born a dual citizen and has a parent that was a member of an aboriginal tribe.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

. . you draw a line at discussing Obama's citizenship . .

There is nothing to discuss.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You aren't a U.S. citizen, at all, if you are a member of any of the tribes mentioned the code I quoted or an aboriginal tribe, and your property rights would be affected by having U.S. citizenship...even if you were born on U.S. soil.

I would need to investigate that further.

It is not how I read it.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

8 U.S. Code § 1401 - Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property;

Link

It's right there in bold.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: howtonhawky

Geographical location of a woman's vagina during delivery determines the nationality of the child.

Does that sound as completely f'ed up to everyone else as it does me?

the American Indian tribes support you 100%

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

. . you draw a line at discussing Obama's citizenship . .

There is nothing to discuss.

Of course not. He's the Lightbringer. He's a Citizen of the World and of Every Country, Planet, and Galaxy. He rises above the laws of mere mortals.

Any discussion of him as if he is not a god and as if he is subject to laws, like the rest of us...well, it's totally racist.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You are grasping at straws. US law only applies to tribes in US territories and not other countries.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

You are grasping at straws. US law only applies to tribes in US territories and not other countries.

No where does it say that and it doesn't even make sense to restrict it to tribes within the U.S.

IOW, you made that up.

Also, that doesn't change the point I made: Not everyone born on U.S. soil acquires citizenship at birth. Derp.
edit on 2/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: howtonhawky

Geographical location of a woman's vagina during delivery determines the nationality of the child.

Does that sound as completely f'ed up to everyone else as it does me?

Only to you. WTF do you think "natural born citizen" frickin' means in the first place? In a much bigger example, let's just go with Planet of Origin. Would a natural born colonist child on Mars not be a damn Martian kid, as opposed to Terran like the rest of us on Earth are?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It doesn't need to say it. It is basic to all laws. You honestly think laws apply outside their jurisdiction? When was the last time another countries laws were applied to you while you were in the US?

ETA: As for your point. It is a matter of choice. I think Puerto Ricans have the same right.
edit on 10-2-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It doesn't need to say it. It is basic to all laws. You honestly think laws apply outside their jurisdiction? When was the last time another countries laws were applied to you while you were in the US?

Ok, by that logic...a child born in the U.S. to a Chinese mother is not a U.S. citizen.

Derp, again.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Ok, by that logic...a child born in the U.S. to a Chinese mother is not a U.S. citizen.

Derp, again.

No, the US is the jurisdiction of US law. Do you even understand what jurisdiction means?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Derp, again.

No, the US is the jurisdiction of US law. Do you even understand what jurisdiction means?

Yes, I do. It's apparent that you don't.

What you are suggesting is that a child born to a parent who is a member of an aborginal tribe, in Uganda -- and will lose its right to tribal property if it has U.S. citizenship -- is a U.S. citizen if it is born on U.S. soil.

But an Eskimo child born on U.S. soil -- who will lose its right to tribal property if it acquires U.S. citizenship at birth -- does not automatically acquire U.S. citizenship at birth.

THAT is what you are suggesting. And it's ridiculous. Also, the statue does not exclude children from tribes *stationed* outside of the U.S. You made that up.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

As for your point. It is a matter of choice. I think Puerto Ricans have the same right.

Who cares what you *think?*

Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens according to the law. When they are old enough, they can renounce their citizenship same as every other U.S. citizen. It's neither here, nor there.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What you are suggesting is that a child born to a parent who is a member of an aborginal tribe, in Uganda -- and will lose its right to tribal property if it has U.S. citizenship -- is a U.S. citizen if it is born on U.S. soil.

That actually depends on the laws of Uganda.

But an Eskimo child born on U.S. soil -- who will lose its right to tribal property if it acquires U.S. citizenship at birth -- does not automatically acquire U.S. citizenship at birth.

Of course they acquire U.S. citizenship at birth but they don't loose their tribal rights. They have both not one or the other.

THAT is what you are suggesting. And it's ridiculous. Also, the statue does not exclude children from tribes *stationed* outside of the U.S. You made that up.

No, you made up what you think I was saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

That actually depends on the laws of Uganda.

Of course they do but they don't loose their right tribal rights. They have both not one or the other.

No, you made up what you think I was saying.

No...it depends on TRIBAL LAWS, not Ugandan laws.

And you wrote this:

US law only applies to tribes in US territories and not other countries.

So, there it is...an exact quote.

You said, so own it. Unless you want to edit or delete now.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

US law does not apply in Uganda, so no, it depends on Ugandan law and not the bit of law that you are misconstruing.

Typing tribal law in caps doesn't make it a single thing. Tribes all over the world have their own laws.

ETA: The tribes in the US are also under US law so that is why what you pointed out applies to them. It doesn't apply to tribes in south america or africa.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Of course they acquire U.S. citizenship at birth but they don't loose their tribal rights. They have both not one or the other.

It's not up to the U.S. federal government if tribal laws say a tribal member can't own tribal property if they are also a U.S. citizen. The U.S. federal government doesn't dictate tribal laws.

WTH? You honestly think the U.S. federal government can just tell tribes how they must operate? No. They can't and they don't...hence the provision in the law I quoted.
edit on 2/10/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

US law does not apply in Uganda, so no, it depends on Ugandan law and not the bit of law that you are misconstruing.

Typing tribal law in caps doesn't make it a single thing. Tribes all over the world have their own laws.

Hello? Uganda is not a tribe. Luo is a tribal nation IN Uganda though.

And, yes, I am clear on tribes having their own laws. I am glad you are inching your way to this epiphany. You're almost there! Keep thinking. You'll catch on, soon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join